War with Iran

tazzietiger

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Starting to sound like once the US election is passed something will be done about the nuclear threat from Iran.

Former U.S. ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk said on Sunday that he thinks the U.S. will go to war with Iran over its nuclear program in 2013.

Speaking during a panel on the CBS program Face the Nation, Indyk said, "I'm afraid that 2013 is going to be a year in which we're going to have a military confrontation with Iran."

The former ambassador stated that "Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon," but added that there's not a lot of time left until it does.

Regarding the recent friction between U.S. President Barack Obama and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over "red lines" on Iran, Indyk said that he doesn't think "the difference between Netanyahu and Obama on this is that great, in terms of the president's commitment not to allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons."

He added, however, that Netanyahu's insistence on public "red lines" was unreasonable.

"That is an unreasonable requirement. The idea of putting out a public red line - in effect issuing an ultimatum - is something that no president would do. If you noticed, Governor Romney is not putting out a red line; Senator McCain didn't, either. And neither is Bibi Netanyahu for that matter, in terms of Israel's own actions."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...013-says-ex-u-s-ambassador-to-israel-1.465366

Starting to sound like once the US election is passed something will be done about the nuclear threat from Iran.

More like another dose of war mongering from the rabid Israel lobby.

Nice choice of words by the way. Care to define this "nuclear threat" from Iran?

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
Truly baffled by Canada's decision to cease diplomatic relations with Iran.

Canada gains nothing from this move. "Moral line in the sand" is clearly bullshit otherwise they'd be doing it to other numerous 'bad' countries.

I can only conclude Stephen Harper's trying to lock in the Zionist ******* nutjob lobby's money for the Conservative Party.

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle
An00Fzu.jpg

Iran tried secular democracy in the '40s and '50s but the CIA/MI6 ruined it because oil

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB435/

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Truly baffled by Canada's decision to cease diplomatic relations with Iran.

Canada gains nothing from this move. "Moral line in the sand" is clearly bullshit otherwise they'd be doing it to other numerous 'bad' countries.

I can only conclude Stephen Harper's trying to lock in the Zionist ******* nutjob lobby's money for the Conservative Party.

Haven't been really following this Iran stuff much lately. But I 've always had a broad and perhaps under informed idea that The USA and Iran should be looking to each other to co-operate with regards the wholesale non ending problems in the Middle East, because I don't believe there is a "have a war to solve " answer, in any of this any more. Especially with ISIS and its organisation which seems pretty full on.

There has to be a complete international answer to this catastrophe waiting to happen or already has.

Part of the international contingent has to be Iran I think , the west doesn't need them as enemies any more . All the crap that went on in the past must be quieted , and the future looked into.

In a way where by everyone gets a way out of the death and destruction mindset just to meet an end . Or we will have a nuclear catastrophe.

ISIS's Caliphate or not, when there is nothing to control then it doesn't matter to anyone any more.

It will never work and I'm starting to wonder if the total innihilation of ISIS is a good idea or an impossible idea .

Having listened to Michael Ware in a repeated interview with Richard Fiedler on the ABC yesterday , I think we have another terrible regime with all the mods and cons that out weigh to a degree 1930's Germany, and its organised murdering.

How I haven't a clue , but it won't just be the USA there are lots of players .

What Canada is doing I no nothing?

awaremind

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well according to the Iranians the US is dropping arms and food supplies to Daesh and SBS just quoted 100, 000 deaths in yemen since the bombing campaign started. Stats would say they are going lots harder on the houti's than Daesh. They don't mind killing piles of innocent civilians when it suits them.

Last edited:

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well according to the Iranians the US is dropping arms and food supplies to Daesh and SBS just quoted 100, 000 deaths in yemen since the bombing campaign started. Stats would say they are going lots harder on the houti's than Daesh. They don't mind killing piles of innocent civilians when it suits them.

You can't say that

the warmongers want another war. cant get enough blood just as long as its not theirs.
When you hear the comments from Republicans about future war with Iran if the Republicans win the election, plus the letter sent to Iran and signed by 47 Republicans including a current Republican Presidential candidate who attempted to scupper the Iran nuclear peace deal, you understand just how focused on a war some are.

Also Jeb Bush say the Íraq war turned out to be a pretty good deal', shows you how far from reality some people are.

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
When you hear the comments from Republicans about future war with Iran if the Republicans win the election, plus the letter sent to Iran and signed by 47 Republicans including a current Republican Presidential candidate who attempted to scupper the Iran nuclear peace deal, you understand just how focused on a war some are.

Also Jeb Bush say the Íraq war turned out to be a pretty good deal', shows you how far from reality some people are.
Considering how badly Jeb went a GOP debate he is quickly becoming a minor player in the Republican party who missed his opportunity 4 years ago.

Back