Warner queries South Africa swing

Remove this Banner Ad

When has that applied to the Captaincy?

Smith will get it anyway and be a worthy choice
More just a reflection on Clarke and Smith being the apparent chosen ones from the start of their careers (Smith hadn't bowled a ball for Australia and was being touted by some up there as the next Warne, the next great captain... bucket please), and the fact Warner's name has even come up in discussions despite the fact he's a complete moron.

I'm a fan of Steve Smith as it is now though. Unorthodox but highly effective, tosses them up and gets wickets when he has the odd bowl and one of few entrenched Australian players who doesn't come off as arrogant, behave inappropriately or mouth off with regularity, along with Rogers and Lyon of the current XI.

Wonder if he ran it past Candice before he put his foot in his mouth? They are still an item aren't they?

When has that applied to the Captaincy?

Smith will get it anyway and be a worthy choice

I didn't think Smith would make it at the the elite level but he looks like he belongs, understands the game and has great respect from clarke and his peers

Of course. But at the end of the day, he's there to make runs for his country and he's doing that consistently. Personally I don't think his off-field personality and opinions are all that relevant, but he's clearly getting under the opposition's skin on and off the pitch. A double win, really, if you're an Aussie fan.
didn't work with the saffa's

and a dick tick
A dick tick?
I guess you can put almost any word after dick and it'll still be an insult. I was called a *-shell the other day.

No - there is nothing in it at all, there was footage of AB rolling the ball in his gloves - once - if that's what he's pinning his hopes on then in the words of the immortal Daryl Kerrigan "He's dreaming" The South Africans worked towards a very clever plan, meticulously handled the ball and then when it started to reverse all hell broke loose. It was one of the best planned and executed moves i've seen in test cricket for a long time and that's gone largely unnoticed due to all the associated bullshit around it.
I suspect Warner "might" - as a player actually out in the middle, have a bit more to his evidence than that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Saffers were doing something illegal. Having said that, I don't think they have.

More just a reflection on Clarke and Smith being the apparent chosen ones from the start of their careers (Smith hadn't bowled a ball for Australia and was being touted by some up there as the next Warne, the next great captain... bucket please), and the fact Warner's name has even come up in discussions despite the fact he's a complete moron.

I'm a fan of Steve Smith as it is now though. Unorthodox but highly effective, tosses them up and gets wickets when he has the odd bowl and one of few entrenched Australian players who doesn't come off as arrogant, behave inappropriately or mouth off with regularity, along with Rogers and Lyon of the current XI.
Yeah, Clarke, Harris and Siddle are always mouthing off :rolleyes:

Yeah, Clarke, Harris and Siddle are always mouthing off :rolleyes:
'Come off as arrogant, behave inappropriately'. If you want to try to mock my comment at least try not to omit the part that gives context to my point o_O
Clarke spent the better part of 10 years behaving like an ass on and off field, we all heard about Harris' exploits at Crown Perth and Siddle's post wicket celebrations/dismissals can be pretty ordinary.

I suspect Warner "might" - as a player actually out in the middle, have a bit more to his evidence than that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Saffers were doing something illegal. Having said that, I don't think they have.

What you talk about between yourselves and what you say to international media are two different things. Go get a set of keeping gloves and try and scuff the ball up with them, see how much it affects the ball - surely you are not serious?

What you talk about between yourselves and what you say to international media are two different things. Go get a set of keeping gloves and try and scuff the ball up with them, see how much it affects the ball - surely you are not serious?
It would greatly surprise you if a team was found to be ball tampering?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Come off as arrogant, behave inappropriately'. If you want to try to mock my comment at least try not to omit the part that gives context to my point o_O
Clarke spent the better part of 10 years behaving like an ass on and off field, we all heard about Harris' exploits at Crown Perth and Siddle's post wicket celebrations/dismissals can be pretty ordinary.
Mate you must hate a huge amount of the world's cricketers then. Clarke has rarely behaved like an ass on the field either.

It would greatly surprise you if a team was found to be ball tampering?

No but Warner specifically referred to AB with his keeping gloves as being a possible cause which is plain ridiculous. Go back and re watch the days play - the only thing I saw was that they fastidiously threw the ball into the keeper on the bounce and bounced it on the hard wicket block. Then then kept shining and kept it dry and fastened the process by bowling some rubbish overs which hastened the deterioration, at the same time keeping their powder dry and then went BANG! It was one of the better executed plans that I've seen.

Mate you must hate a huge amount of the world's cricketers then. Clarke has rarely behaved like an ass on the field either.
Not necessarily, no. I'll generally stick up for the Australians because they cop a lot of stick when players such as Anderson, Pietersen, Graeme Smith and most of the Indian team behave just as poorly.
Some of it just makes me cringe. Clarke personified arrogance for the first 5 or 6 years of his career and after watching players like Gilchrist who behaved with such humility even while being passionate, that just gave me the shits.

My point was that Smith doesn't tend to get involved in any of that rubbish - sulking his way off the field, giving blokes a blast as they walk off, all that sort of stuff. It's a good quality. You need characters in the game, obviously, but let the cricket be what does the talking.

No but Warner specifically referred to AB with his keeping gloves as being a possible cause which is plain ridiculous. Go back and re watch the days play - the only thing I saw was that they fastidiously threw the ball into the keeper on the bounce and bounced it on the hard wicket block. Then then kept shining and kept it dry and fastened the process by bowling some rubbish overs which hastened the deterioration, at the same time keeping their powder dry and then went BANG! It was one of the better executed plans that I've seen.
I didn't see anything, and wicket keepers gloves is a massive stretch... but I still wouldn't be hugely surprised if the Saffers were doing something to the ball. That was the most devastating reverse swing I've seen since the 2005 ashes, when the Poms were using their "lollies".

Can I just say, the worst thing about KP retiring is that we now have the biggest ****** in world cricket playing for our country.
I had to stop and think about that for a minute, but yeah, he probably is...

Not necessarily, no. I'll generally stick up for the Australians because they cop a lot of stick when players such as Anderson, Pietersen, Graeme Smith and most of the Indian team behave just as poorly.
Some of it just makes me cringe. Clarke personified arrogance for the first 5 or 6 years of his career and after watching players like Gilchrist who behaved with such humility even while being passionate, that just gave me the shits.

My point was that Smith doesn't tend to get involved in any of that rubbish - sulking his way off the field, giving blokes a blast as they walk off, all that sort of stuff. It's a good quality. You need characters in the game, obviously, but let the cricket be what does the talking.
If you call Harris and Siddle "arrogant" or think they "behave inappropriately", I think you would struggle to find many international sports people to like.

If you call Harris and Siddle "arrogant" or think they "behave inappropriately", I think you would struggle to find many international sports people to like.
I don't think either Harris or Siddle are arrogant. Again ,you're ignoring what I'm saying and lumping it all under the same category.
I didn't care for Harris' twitter antics although it was an isolated incident, so perhaps he gets some leeway.
Perhaps Siddle does too, but watching him stand at the edge of the huddle shouting abuse at the outgoing batsmen just makes me cringe.

I didn't see anything, and wicket keepers gloves is a massive stretch... but I still wouldn't be hugely surprised if the Saffers were doing something to the ball. That was the most devastating reverse swing I've seen since the 2005 ashes, when the Poms were using their "lollies".

I honestly believe they did nothing wrong, when Smith was bowling the rubbish I couldn't work out what he was doing or why, but when it started reversing - I doffed my cap to them and it all became very clear. I commented earlier that I haven't seen much reverse in my time but one of our lads got it to go last Saturday which was ironic, given what would happen the next night. We had an old ball that we kept exceptionally shiny, but kept it dry, not layer it up with sweat and grease, all of a sudden it started going irish and it was unplayable. The key (I believe) is that you have to keep the ball dry - I genuinely think we are not good at looking after the ball and both times we have been done over, it's simply because of this fact, rather than skullduggery or whatever Davey thinks, because honestly I don't care for what he "thinks" may have happened, based on his body of work, he's not going to be entering MENSA anytime soon.

You sound very insecure. That or self-righteous.

Or both.

Or English?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back