warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2007
banool
AFL Club
Hawthorn
any news from any club this year? whos going to be the big movers, whos going to be the sliders? premiership contenders ect... what players have gone where?:thumbsu:

Well Round 1 really showed that this year is going to be vastly different to last. How about Rovers pounding the Dennington dogs! The boys at South Rovers are going to be pretty tough to beat by the looks of things. The Power also knocking off Merrivale is a pretty fair effort. Poor East copped a flogging at the hands of Panmure and Id say they are in for a long year.

Round 2 and what a sensational effort by the Allansford Cats to hold of Merrivale and nearly score an impressive win at the Tigers Den! Rumour has it that a couple of dodgy free kicks were paid late to the Tigers. Can anyone confirm this?

East, must battle on and off the field, they seem to struggle with clearing footballers, if they want to go let them go...

I think its a case these days that all country clubs are really struggling for numbers. Most of the teams around here are scraping to get reserves sidse on the field so they are trying to keep clearances to a minimum. I my honest opinion tho, if you have a talk with them and you cannot convince them to stay then clearing them and the player leaving on good terms is the best way to go.

well its been a interesting start to the wdfl season. hard to read much into it yet but looks like the vale may have fallin from there perch with a 1st round loss to the power and a luck escape from the claws of the cats. will be intersting to see if they can get there season back on track in the coming weeks! south rovers would have to be happy wit there start to the season and so to would the power! any goss from any clubs round the league...injuries, big improvers ect? heard beard mite be out for a few weeks with an ingrown left toe nail ...any truth in this?

well its been a interesting start to the wdfl season. hard to read much into it yet but looks like the vale may have fallin from there perch with a 1st round loss to the power and a luck escape from the claws of the cats. will be intersting to see if they can get there season back on track in the coming weeks! south rovers would have to be happy wit there start to the season and so to would the power! any goss from any clubs round the league...injuries, big improvers ect? heard beard mite be out for a few weeks with an ingrown left toe nail ...any truth in this?

Yeah, I have heard Beardy might be setting himself for the game against East in a couple of weeks. They have got Allansford this week so will probably have a rest rather than risk it against them.

I think its a case these days that all country clubs are really struggling for numbers. Most of the teams around here are scraping to get reserves sidse on the field so they are trying to keep clearances to a minimum. I my honest opinion tho, if you have a talk with them and you cannot convince them to stay then clearing them and the player leaving on good terms is the best way to go.

very good to see someone else with some common sense, the way i c it, is that if they go on good terms, more than likely to return on good terms, and prob bring a few with them, Who's not struggling to fill a side, as a reserve coach i know what its all about.....

Thing is, after a while it all turn around, and they will come flooding back if you look aftem them....

Yeah, I have heard Beardy might be setting himself for the game against East in a couple of weeks. They have got Allansford this week so will probably have a rest rather than risk it against them.

heheheheh funny funny stuff .. the toe nail is coming along fine. Might have to have an early morning fitness test Saturday to see if the toenail is match fit!

very good to see someone else with some common sense, the way i c it, is that if they go on good terms, more than likely to return on good terms, and prob bring a few with them, Who's not struggling to fill a side, as a reserve coach i know what its all about.....

Thing is, after a while it all turn around, and they will come flooding back if you look aftem them....

Like DaKing said, I think its a situation of shortage of players full stop. But I also agree that if they dont want to play for you, you are better off to wish them luck and have them leave on good terms. As you say, the wheel turns. Our policy is to simply meet with the player, if we cannot convince them to stay then we let them go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone willing to have a crack at the end of year ladder, and league B&F? Here is mine anyway.

Ladder, Power, Timboon, Russells Creek, Allansford, South Rovers, Merrivale, Panmure, Dennington, Old Collegians, Deakin, Nirranda, East

League medal, Jim Whitehead(power), Ward(Allansford), Wagstaff(Timboon).

Is anyone willing to have a crack at the end of year ladder, and league B&F? Here is mine anyway.

Ladder, Power, Timboon, Russells Creek, South Rovers, Merrivale, Dennington, Old Collegians, Deakin, Nirranda, East

Sheesh.. thats a big call.. just wondering tho where you reckon Panmure and Allansford are gunna finish?? he he

Ladder, Power, Timboon, Russells Creek, Allansford, South Rovers, Merrivale, Panmure, Dennington, Old Collegians, Deakin, Nirranda, East

Yeah I wouldn't mind a crack at this. Here we go
LADDER: Power, Allansford, South Rover, Timboon, Russells Creek, Merrivale, Dennington, Panmure, Old Collegians, Deakin, Nirranda,East.

League Medal ; Three-way tie between Mark Evans (Sth) , Daniel Beard (power) and Michael Clements (tim)

Starting to wind up the recruiting period for the Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League ... applications are drying up ... but would still love to get at least to four teams!

(69 players, 11 more to enable a fourth team!)

METRO VIC (25 players)
Diamond Valley FL (10)
1. Kickass (Div 1 / Eltham)
2. mattyr (Div 1 Bundoora)
3. Iceman27 (Div 2 / Wallan)
4. Force (Div 2 / Watsonia)
5. Bubble Wrap (Div 2 / Watsonia)
6. Giveyathemail (Div ? / Lalor)
7. Jewelsandbullet (Div ? / Montmorency)
8. Dv_Worm (Div ? / Coburg Amateurs)
9. rompermfc (Div 2 / Macleod)
10. ifyoucandodgeawrench

VFL & VAFA (Vic) (7)
1. can't mark can't kick (VAFA / D1)
2. harper (VAFA / D2 / South Melbourne Districts)
3. youngblood (VAFA / D2 / Aquinas)
4. The Tigers Nuts (VAFA / D3 / Old Westbourne)
5. the lemon wedge (Port Melbourne / VFL)
6. Joe Dirt (VAFA / A Grade)
7. FitzroyRamone (VAFA / C Grade / Fitzroy Reds)

Essendon DFL (5)
1. Subway (Essendon DFL)
2. colgate (Essendon DFL / Strathmore)
3. coreybrown (Essendon DFL)
4. litening (Essendon DFL / Airport West)
5. oldfashiondefender (Essendon DFL)

Western Region FL (3)
1. Gemini17 (WRFL Div 2)
2. Blueboy16 (WRFL Div 2)
3. thesilkmeister (Western Region FL)
x. the lemon wedge (WRFL Div 1 / Port Colts) - VFL / Port Melbourne (Bigfooty RL FFL)

WEST MELB & WEST VIC (20 players)
Riddell DFL (4)
1. billylid (Riddell DFL)
2. Itsmyshow (Riddell DFL)
3. Trublueroo (Riddell DFL)
4. Bluecrew #2 (Riddell DFL)

Western, Mallee, Wimmera (9)
1. Bakers_Patrons (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
2. Centre Sqaure (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
3. clifton's lookalike (Central Murray FL / Tyntynder)
4. Whispers (Geelong FL)
5. The Prawn (Millewa FL)
6. MasterOfROC (North Central FL / St Arnaud)
7. ALWHTE (Mininera & DFL)
8. theopacman (Western Border FL / Hamilton Imperials)
9. sheep dogger (Geelong FL)

Bendigo FL / Loddon Valley FL (7)
1. gerta (Loddon Valley FL)
2. A_JET8 (Bendigo FL)
3. Norfolk & Clew (Bendigo FL / Golden Square)
4. max powers. (Bendigo FL)
5. The fatman (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
6. davis 24 (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
7. Courageunderfire (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
x. caveman (Bendigo FL / Kangaroo Flat) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)
x. maroon and blue (Bendigo FL / Eaglehawk) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)

EASTERN MELB, EASTERN VIC & OUTSIDE VIC (24 players)
Northern, North-Eastern, Eastern & Gippsland regions (15)
1. FOOTYBOSS (Goulburn Valley FL)
2. Johnny Tapp (Goulburn Valley FL)
3. Zippa (Goulburn Valley FL)
4. Joeyboy (Kyabram DFL)
5. VT#23 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
6. sparra (Kyabram DFL)
7. The Iceman #49 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
8. iwantanotherflag (Picola & DFL / Katandra)
9. Slush Puppy (Kyabram DFL)
10. Darc21 (Ovens & Murray FL / Wangaratta Rovers)
11. goodies (Ellinbank DFL)
12. Marto121 (Picola & DFL)
13. slugga (YVMDFL)
14. MadMan V1.2 (Southern FL / Div 3 / Skye)
15. More Than A Game (Tallangatta DFL)
x. Pie4Life (MPNFL) - Dragons (Sweet FA)
x. OldMav (MPNFL) - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
x. Frankston Rover (MPNFL) - Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)
x. diablo14 - (MPNFL) Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)

Outside Victoria (9)
1. Bella Buffalo (South Africa)
2. cckid (Ontario AFL / Canada)
3. roorat (Northern Tasmanian FA / Deloraine)
4. bakerman (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Kingborough)
5. head67 (Riverina FL)
6. morphous (Queensland)
7. SJM41 (Queensland / ? FL / Redland)
8. Injury prone (WAFL / Perth)
9. billybrownless16 (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Lauderdale)
x.Ljp86 (WAFL / Subiaco) - Dragons FC (Sweet FA)

Note : Players numbered x. are players who are only available under permit. They do not count amongst the 20 players required for a team, as if they are unavailable just one week, then that team will be unable to field a full contingent. The team's for which these players are primarily registered, are listed alongside the players' names.[/QUOTE]

kl-noorat, russells creek, south rovers, merrivale, panmure, timboon, allansford, dennington, deakin, old collegians, east, nirranda

i'd say the only certianties on the ladder will be the power and creek in the top three and south and vale will be top five. will be a huge fight for that 5 position on the ladder and the last spot in the finals. just hard to judge where panmure, timboon, allansfod and dennington are at because of who they have played this year.

for the medal;
-matt steele (allansford) (gets lots of posessions but doesnt use the ball well at all however umpiers dont give much consideration to that)
-jim whitehead (power) ( racks up lots positions and hard ball gets, silky skills, takes a great pack mark and never misses a target...one of the most complete players gettin round)
-for a few roughies...luke maddin & shane hutchins (power), tim ward (allansford), mark evens (rovers)

Well Round 3 has come and gone and boy did my Cats really shake up the league this weekend knocking off the so-called Power. Demons are on fire and Rovers just keep rolling along. Few of you boys might have underrated my mates out there at Allansford.. go Catters

Looks like Creek have recruited well. Allansford could be anything. Timboon looking the goods and Rovers motoring along. Add Merrivale and Kolora in there and you have your top five with one side being very unlucky, missing out on August/September action. I suppose it will all come down to injuries.

Deakin will be there or there abouts and then the rest. As for the Medal - Mark Evans looked a class above the rest on Saturday. Steel for Allansford will be close.

As for Sharpy...yes he can play and is a top bloke and not a bad fisherman too boot.

Cheers

Galopy !

kl-noorat, russells creek, south rovers, merrivale, panmure, timboon, allansford, dennington, deakin, old collegians, east, nirranda

i'd say the only certianties on the ladder will be the power and creek in the top three and south and vale will be top five. will be a huge fight for that 5 position on the ladder and the last spot in the finals. just hard to judge where panmure, timboon, allansfod and dennington are at because of who they have played this year.

for the medal;
-matt steele (allansford) (gets lots of posessions but doesnt use the ball well at all however umpiers dont give much consideration to that)
-jim whitehead (power) ( racks up lots positions and hard ball gets, silky skills, takes a great pack mark and never misses a target...one of the most complete players gettin round)
-for a few roughies...luke maddin & shane hutchins (power), tim ward (allansford), mark evens (rovers)

Don't no much about the district league but I'll have a crack at the ladder and top medal chances!
Kolora-Noorat, Merrivale, Russell Creek allansford South rovers, Timboon, Dennington, Panmure, Old collegians, Deakin, Niranda and east.
Medal!
Jamie whithead kolora-noorat seems to be in the best each week and gets a huge rap in the paper.
Jason Porter- getting a bit of age but racks up the hard ball gets and is a known vote getter.
Matt Steele- is named on ball so he plays right under the umpires watchful eyes and gets in the best most weeks.

Roughies
Mark Evans-rovers i watched a game of rovers last yr he got a heap of it just kicked it long tho mainly cause he had no forwards to spot up.
Sam Mahony- I am a south w'bool supporter we got his older brother in the under 18's and i have seen this kid play y isn't he in hampden.

Well Round 3 has come and gone and boy did my Cats really shake up the league this weekend knocking off the so-called Power. Demons are on fire and Rovers just keep rolling along. Few of you boys might have underrated my mates out there at Allansford.. go Catters

You on the Allansford bandwagon now King? I was at the game on Saturday and feel that Kolora/Noorat will improve vastly as the year goes on. Seem to have quite a good team of footballers, but just didn't seem to play well as a team on weekend. I am sure with the inclusion of Mills, Madden, Reed, Mahony, Moloney?, and a fit Jason Hutchins, the team will still be a force come September. Also noticed that Beard went off injured in third quarter. Not sure how bad his injury is, but could influence where the Power's season is headed.

Beardy will miss a couple but no major damage to the knee. He'll be right in two weeks.

Cheers

Gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back