Watch finals in Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not in Europe, but if we make it past the elimination final I will be traveling for work in Saudi Arabia for our semi. I'll be in the same boat as you but I can't imagine pubs showing the game in Saudi so I may be watching on a bloody computer screen.

I'm not in Europe, but if we make it past the elimination final I will be traveling for work in Saudi Arabia for our semi. I'll be in the same boat as you but I can't imagine pubs showing the game in Saudi so I may be watching on a bloody computer screen.

If we make it all the way to the GF I reckon my "semi" itself will make it all the way from Melbourne to Saudi Arabia.

On topic though, I've watched plenty of games using AFL Live with the headphones plugged into the iPad, turned up to 11 of course, and loved it (apart from the results).

If we make it all the way to the GF I reckon my "semi" itself will make it all the way from Melbourne to Saudi Arabia.

On topic though, I've watched plenty of games using AFL Live with the headphones plugged into the iPad, turned up to 11 of course, and loved it (apart from the results).

SEMI's, NTTAWWT, jokes about african americans.......TT, I'm starting to be concerned.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
SEMI's, NTTAWWT, jokes about negro americans.......TT, I'm starting to be concerned.:D

The interwebs has taken over my frontal lobe oz. I dream in binary code. FACT!

Last edited:
Me mate. I'm in London, there are a few of us here including UKRoo.

Gonna prob watch it over the net on AFLlive I think.

Where are you located? 'Europe' is pretty broad!
Brussels/London...based on this probably more London until the end of finals

I'm in Nice at present. So I will see one here then hopefully another in Florence. Happily I will be home for the GF. It has been interesting following all of the Asada stuff via BF and the Age. Go le Kangas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in Nice at present. So I will see one here then hopefully another in Florence. Happily I will be home for the GF. It has been interesting following all of the Asada stuff via BF and the Age. Go le Kangas.

Allez les kangourous non?

Allez les kangourous non?
Oui. I am really getting a handle on the lingo. I can talk it really bon. And I will just get bonner and bonner at it I reckon. Actually the only phrase I have down pat is "non parlais francais" to which I always get knowing nods of the head. But I am getting by.

And it gets bloody quiet on these boards when I want to read them. Wake up Australia!

Oui. I am really getting a handle on the lingo. I can talk it really bon. And I will just get bonner and bonner at it I reckon. Actually the only phrase I have down pat is "non parlais francais" to which I always get knowing nods of the head. But I am getting by.

It isn't actually that hard to pick what you need to get by.

Also, je suis Australien is handy, they like you more when they realise you're not a Pom or Yank.

It isn't actually that hard to pick what you need to get by.

Also, je suis Australien is handy, they like you more when they realise you're not a Pom or Yank.
Ha yes I have used that one too. I remembered it from an old Bill Wyman single, "Je suis un Rock Star." Good song but probably very dated. I tell you what, the australian accent stands out like the proverbial on a crowded French street.

I'm down in Hampshire for a wedding next weekend. Wedding doesn't start till 2pm but I have to pick up a friend beforehand so might miss the end. Hopefully we will have killed them off by then.

Damn it, only one week to form a groundswell of belgium support before what will hopefully be the best game ever at beer o'clock...

I'm down in Hampshire for a wedding next weekend. Wedding doesn't start till 2pm but I have to pick up a friend beforehand so might miss the end. Hopefully we will have killed them off by then.
So they haven't heard the rule that you don't plan weddings during finals? I guess that's just an Australian thing.

So yeah I ended up watching up to half time...game was over by the time I got a chance to check my phone again, boy was that a nice surprise...

Will be working for next weeks win :(

Landed in Amsterdam on Thursday to find our hotel was just around the corner from the only Aussie pub over here... bonus!

Headed there at ~11:30am yesterday (Amsterdam-time) and enjoyed the victory with a dozen or so *essendope supporters!

Dunno if it was the copious pints of Heineken or just the sheer jubilation of the thrilling come from behind victory, but the *bummers supporters there actually seemed like pretty good guys and all took the defeat graciously, wishing us the best of luck against the Cats next week. I actually found myself expressing genuine sympathy for them :eek:

Landed in Amsterdam on Thursday to find our hotel was just around the corner from the only Aussie pub over here... bonus!

Headed there at ~11:30am yesterday (Amsterdam-time) and enjoyed the victory with a dozen or so *essendope supporters!

Dunno if it was the copious pints of Heineken or just the sheer jubilation of the thrilling come from behind victory, but the *bummers supporters there actually seemed like pretty good guys and all took the defeat graciously, wishing us the best of luck against the Cats next week. I actually found myself expressing genuine sympathy for them :eek:
Saturday was awesome but lacked beer and someone to cheer with...based on this if they win next week I'll be thinking amsterdam or London for final, get onboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back