Multiplat Watch_Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Stolen from GAF but

12969743623_93c43a5216_o.gif

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

First one is from the new trailer and the second one is from the 2012 E3 reveal.

ibx7x63X6Vgqd1.gif

The 2012 footage was clearly pre-rendered targets of what they expected they would end up with at the end of their dev cycle. It's likely they barely had a game going at that point, which is why it's taken another 2 years to get the game out.

The game still looks fine, if you don't bother going back to 'fake' footage to compare it then this game can compare well with most PS4/XBONE titles that are out now.

The 2012 footage was clearly pre-rendered targets of what they expected they would end up with at the end of their dev cycle. It's likely they barely had a game going at that point, which is why it's taken another 2 years to get the game out.

The game still looks fine, if you don't bother going back to 'fake' footage to compare it then this game can compare well with most PS4/XBONE titles that are out now.

That footage of the car going over the bridge was terrible and look way too arcadey.

It was ridiculously misleading to say the very least.

Why wouldn't you go back to the 'fake' footage? That is what they used to garner the hype that this game received.

It is valid to criticise the end product for not coming close to what was showcased.

Why wouldn't you go back to the 'fake' footage? That is what they used to garner the hype that this game received.

It is valid to criticise the end product for not coming close to what was showcased.
I dunno about ridiculously misleading. We're talking some particle effects and lighting differences overall. If we were looking at substantial gameplay changes then I think it'd be worth getting up in arms about but considering so far we've seen nothing to show that the gameplay has been significantly changed or nerfed from what was originally shown off then I don't see why the big fuss has to be made. Especially if we look at what else is out on the market right now.

Sure I'd love the game to look better, and perhaps they shouldn't have been so ambitious about what they expected the hardware to be like when they were expecting the game to come out. But generally speaking companies will start ambitious and have to tone down once they see what they are actually working with, considering there wasn't really anything to work with at the time, they had to take a punt which they were somewhat off about.

At the end of the day, we're talking graphical changes and people always say gameplay>graphics, so kicking up a fuss about something that seemingly doesn't matter a whole lot to how the game plays, seems over the top. Especially those changing their minds over the game too, based on how it looks.

That's why they add those disclaimers about it not being the final product.

I dunno about ridiculously misleading. We're talking some particle effects and lighting differences overall. If we were looking at substantial gameplay changes then I think it'd be worth getting up in arms about but considering so far we've seen nothing to show that the gameplay has been significantly changed or nerfed from what was originally shown off then I don't see why the big fuss has to be made. Especially if we look at what else is out on the market right now.

Sure I'd love the game to look better, and perhaps they shouldn't have been so ambitious about what they expected the hardware to be like when they were expecting the game to come out. But generally speaking companies will start ambitious and have to tone down once they see what they are actually working with, considering there wasn't really anything to work with at the time, they had to take a punt which they were somewhat off about.

At the end of the day, we're talking graphical changes and people always say gameplay>graphics, so kicking up a fuss about something that seemingly doesn't matter a whole lot to how the game plays, seems over the top. Especially those changing their minds over the game too, based on how it looks.

I'd say they were ridiculously misleading. The game looks a lot worse now than it did 2 years ago.

There are people who will buy it purely based on that E3 showing. I'm no graphics whore, but I think if you have such a discrepancy in visuals then you deserve to be criticised for it.

If the game turns out to be great despite the average visuals then that's great I'll be happy to play it. But if it only turns out to be an average experience with average visuals I'll probably skip it.

Starting to lose interest with the wait plus Mario Kart 8 is out 4 days later.

Was maybe going to buy it on Wii U but it's been delayed indefinitely. They might as well not release it on Wii U anyway as the sales will be poor because everyone who wanted it would already have it on another console and than Ubisoft will just blame Wii U owners for not buying it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wait for another ps4 game is dragging on... I'll play any half decent free roamer ATM!!! I'll prob be more critical on watch dogs after playing infamous

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It's gone from day 1 purchase to likely a day 2 purchase. As long as the gameplay is good, it should still be alright - not the GTA V killer it was talked up being though. :(
yep. I would have thought I'd have been down there day 1 picking it up, now I'm likely to sit tight (be a little confident) and wait for the reviews of others who've bought it

yep. I would have thought I'd have been down there day 1 picking it up, now I'm likely to sit tight (be a little confident) and wait for the reviews of others who've bought it

I'll be buying it from ozgameshop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back