Watson to Hird: Don't come back in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

To continue my car trip analogy - you tell your mate to keep his eyes on the road but he doesn't, and crashes due to being distracted, does that make you guilty?

Hird played a role, nobody worth listening to is denying that, however his role is massively overstated thanks to Caro's agenda and the AFL's decision to make him the scapegoat.

Good on you for fighting the good fight but your last sentence is a guess. Hird's involvement could range from having nothing to do with it to being the instigator/ driver of the program. Making statements as though they are fact when you wouldn't know is nonsense and diminishes your argument.

It is why people have a desire (well I do anyway) for this court case to be over to just know the facts of what happened and what ASADA has if anything. There are people understating his involvement and others overstating it, but the truth lays in the evidence not with key board warriors like us all stating things as though they are facts.

ASADA provided the AFL with an Interim Report so the AFL could punish the EFC for governance issues (BTGID).

The AFL provided ASADA with information that allowed ASADA to issue 34 SCN's for possible doping breaches.

Something very arse-about with this situation.

But surely what we are looking for is the truth, not a s**t fight over who said what?

Essendon really needs to drop Little and his litigious ways and come back into the AFL fold, if your innocent then face the music and maybe the results will go Essendons way, hiding from the truth as they are doing now will clear up nothing and is just damaging the game itself.

The problem was there for everyone to see when the suspension was first handed down. Essendon were always going to in the mix somewhere between 6-10th this season, did this scenario not occur to any one at 'Bomberland' or were they still sniffing the Ajax? It should've been made perfectly clear to Hird from the outset that this season in it's entirety was out of bounds. He's going to be trouble over this, he wants to stick it to the AFL and the best way he can do that is walk out on field as coach against Carlton. Now what happens if Essendon say NO to this is anybody's guess, i would imagine Hird will not be a happy chappy. It's an ego thing, i suspect Hird has Essnedon by the short and curlies with this.
what a load of twaddle

To continue my car trip analogy - you tell your mate to keep his eyes on the road but he doesn't, and crashes due to being distracted, does that make you guilty?

Hird played a role, nobody worth listening to is denying that, however his role is massively overstated thanks to Caro's agenda and the AFL's decision to make him the scapegoat.

To continue your car trip analogy,

So James is the passenger seat. Then who was driving that Red and Black Kia back in 2012?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was careering out of control, no apparent driver, whilst James covered his eyes and hoped it didn't crash, and especially not hurting him.

While screaming "Not the face, not the face"

I nearly teared up while reading James' statement.

“I love the Essendon Football Club, its players and the game of Australian Rules Football.”

“I am excited about the future for our club and look forward to getting back involved.”

We all love ya Hirdy. Great to have you back.

It's this sort of sycophantic non-questioning hero worship which got your club in this mess in the first place

But surely what we are looking for is the truth, not a s**t fight over who said what?

Essendon really needs to drop Little and his litigious ways and come back into the AFL fold, if your innocent then face the music and maybe the results will go Essendons way, hiding from the truth as they are doing now will clear up nothing and is just damaging the game itself.
EFC played nice with the AFL in Aug. 2013. Didn't result in a spectacular win, but you move on. Now ASADA have used information they are not entitled to have gathered, and the AFL have trashed the "non-disparagement" clause of the agreement, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.

If you feel the game is being damaged, write to your club - asking what purpose it served requesting the EFC sorted this mess in-house in 2013, rather than testing it independently in the Supreme Court? Ask if it is best practice to have an autonomous, unnacountable governing body that fines clubs for not tanking, that endorses as suitable a CEO that has been found guilty of salary cap breaches at one club, to be the CEO of another club that has been previously been penalised for salary cap breaches?

We all might enjoy the game a bit more, if those who make decisions about how it operates were more open and faced legitimate consequences.

So Carro is making it all up and has an agenda but you a poster on BF and an Essendon supporter has the true story and is kindly sharing this knowledge with we foamers:rolleyes:

A better analogy would be the Messiah is the driver of the car but asks his mate Danky to lean over and steer the car for a bit to give him a break, one of the back seat passengers is not happy with this and suggests strongly that it is not safe, the driver then turns up the radio to drown out the complaints from the back, the loud music causes Danky to get distracted and he crashes the car, the Messiah who prior to the Police arriving had told his mates to not worry as he would take full responsibility decides when interviewed to blame it all on Danky, he states that the front seat passenger Danky had gone rogue and according to the Messiah decided to lean over and grab the wheel when all he was asked to do was tune in the radio.

So Carro is making it all up and has an agenda but you a poster on BF and an Essendon supporter has the true story and is kindly sharing this knowledge with we foamers:rolleyes:

A better analogy would be the Messiah is the driver of the car but asks his mate Danky to lean over and steer the car for a bit to give him a break, one of the back seat passengers is not happy with this and suggests strongly that it is not safe, the driver then turns up the radio to drown out the complaints from the back, the loud music causes Danky to get distracted and he crashes the car, the Messiah who prior to the Police arriving had told his mates to not worry as he would take full responsibility decides when interviewed to blame it all on Danky, he states that the front seat passenger Danky had gone rogue and according to the Messiah decided to lean over and grab the wheel when all he was asked to do was tune in the radio.
Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back