Waylen Manson

Remove this Banner Ad

The founders of Collingwood wrote on the sacred parchment that there shall be no ''Waylens'' recruited by Collingwood, i think that means we're allowed one though.

He's turned his back on Playing WAFL so he can play bush League and skip training if the fish are biting

Got given guarentee's by clubs to be picked up in rookie, things happened and they didnt, he was pretty upset and went home
hahaha, that's some funny s**t

He was pretty down after not getting drafted last year.

The guy is Liam Jurrah and then some and as talented as any recent prospect.

That said the consensus is that he would struggle making the adjustment. There are cultural barriers and the feel is after a week the drive to move back home would be too great.
Just at the draft combine last year the sense was that he didn't want to be there and he had a difficult time really fitting in with the cultural divide being so great. Very much struggled through the interview process from all reports and just wasn't at all ready for it being very much overwhelmed by it all.

Most likely he'd require a long adjustment period where he would move from club to home and would need substantial support through the process.

Clubs just don't want to put the resources into making it happen.

It would take an amount of effort no club has ever gone through to accomodate any prospect in the past.

As a speculative final rookie selection I'm in the minority but I'd still do it and put the highly recommend the club put the resources into making it happen because having seen him play. No player is a more gifted mark in the air and he has the ability to be dominant like no player we have seen.

Just a shame it looks like it won't happen.

He was pretty down after not getting drafted last year.

The guy is Liam Jurrah and then some and as talented as any recent prospect.

That said the consensus is that he would struggle making the adjustment. There are cultural barriers and the feel is after a week the drive to move back home would be too great.
Just at the draft combine last year the sense was that he didn't want to be there and he had a difficult time really fitting in with the cultural divide being so great. Very much struggled through the interview process from all reports and just wasn't at all ready for it being very much overwhelmed by it all.

Most likely he'd require a long adjustment period where he would move from club to home and would need substantial support through the process.

Clubs just don't want to put the resources into making it happen.

It would take an amount of effort no club has ever gone through to accomodate any prospect in the past.

As a speculative final rookie selection I'm in the minority but I'd still do it and put the highly recommend the club put the resources into making it happen because having seen him play. No player is a more gifted mark in the air and he has the ability to be dominant like no player we have seen.

Just a shame it looks like it won't happen.

If he hasn't got the drive to play WAFL he isn't even worth looking at, the AFL system will cough him up and spit him out in no time and we'll be left with an ugly media story haunting us for weeks and a wasted rookie spot. No thank you.

If he hasn't got the drive to play WAFL he isn't even worth looking at, the AFL system will cough him up and spit him out in no time and we'll be left with an ugly media story haunting us for weeks and a wasted rookie spot. No thank you.

It's not so much the drive. He wants to play AFL football. From reports he was sobbing after missing out on the draft and feeling pretty down afterward.

It's just he has no understanding of the level of professionalism and in this type of environment at this stage is completely out of his depth having not experienced that yet.

To get drafted he would probably want to have joined a WAFL/SANFL club this year but I expect he will play in the NT competition later this year again as he did last year.

Again it won't happen and it is pretty much a moot point.

But would love to see it because without training he could step in and kick a bag. He is just that good.

Yer I guess if anyone is going to roll the dice, would be PA or WC or Freo.
However appears as though he didn't do himself any favors by staying away from WAFL.
One good season in WAFL & clubs wud be all over him.

How did he perform in the NT league? Did he dominate?

Very much so. Played in the same team as Fev in NT and on most occasions outplayed him which is pretty incredible for an 18 year old.

Probably averaged 10 goals a game in the same forwardline.

He is one of those guys where you can kick it in his direction and he'll find a way to mark it.

Very special player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he has been seen hanging around Collingwood recently.
Anyone know anything else?

Would be a huge get I reckon.

Apparently he has been seen hanging around Collingwood recently.
Anyone know anything else?

Would be a huge get I reckon.
Been rumblings that we are interested. He hasn't been in any state league system for 3 years now, so should be eligible as a cat B rookie I think?
Worth a shot if that's the case imo.

Been rumblings that we are interested. He hasn't been in any state league system for 3 years now, so should be eligible as a cat B rookie I think?
Worth a shot if that's the case imo.

So you can Play Amateur Football and be a Cat B Rooke?

So you can Play Amateur Football and be a Cat B Rooke?
If they allow the winner of the Recruit to be a cat B rookie, then logically every contestant is eligible. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the show.

If they allow the winner of the Recruit to be a cat B rookie, then logically every contestant is eligible. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the show.
I think I read somewhere that the winner would be Cat B, however if a contestant didn't win & wasn't eligible for Cat B then they had to enter the draft.

I think I read somewhere that the winner would be Cat B, however if a contestant didn't win & wasn't eligible for Cat B then they had to enter the draft.
It would seem odd that the AFL would change it's recruitment rules for a reality TV show.

It would seem odd that the AFL would change it's recruitment rules for a reality TV show.
THE AFL Commission has made unprecedented league rule changes to allow the winner of a reality TV show a spot on an AFL club's list.

The Recruit, which will be broadcast on Foxtel’s Fox 8 channel next year, is pitched as a talent search that will make a footballer’s dream a reality.

The show will run during the 2014 season and hundreds of potential AFL players will be whittled down to 12 for a September mini-draft.

AFL chief Andrew Demetriou said the radical the proposal had been endorsed by the commission.

A bidding system for clubs will be revealed on the show, but as many as three players could make their way on to rookie lists.

Contenders must be over 20, have never played AFL, and have not played VFL, SANFL and WAFL seniors in 2012 or 2013.

Lol he left 2 days into the DC the year he went and rocked a pair of thongs to test in.
Then in the recruit show tried to give up on any challenge that required effort was practically dragged along in some of them. All through the show he wanted to quit and eventually got his wish.

So no we should stay well clear as there is a cultural gap but more so he doesn't have the required work ethic or will power to stick it out.

If you want 2 smokies off the show then Wagner and Maxwell are the 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back