Wayne Carey vs Gary Ablett Snr

Who would you rather in your team?

• Wayne Carey

Votes: 61 54.0%
  • Gary Ablett Senior

Votes: 52 46.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

there was Carey and then there was AAAABBBBlEEETTTTTTTT Without a doubt the best footballer there ever was.

Didn't see enough of either but Ablett because Carey was caught messing with his teamates wife in the bathroom ffs.

Both haunted Richmond, not that that was a rarity. It'd be a close thing and horses for courses. But I'd pick Ablett first. Actually Leigh Matthews first, Ablett second, Carey third. No-one could declare one definitely better than the other. I suspect Ablett was better earlier in his career, and was better for longer, than Carey.

silvagni cleaned up carey everytime , ablett broke even over time (although he did give him a bath in the 95 GF)

saw ablett play footy @ a much higher level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there was Carey and then there was AAAABBBBlEEETTTTTTTT Without a doubt the best footballer there ever was.

Sheesh. Without doubt? Its not even true

Snr was a one dimensional ball vacuum. Athletic freak with skills, but there is a difference between sideshow party tricks and actually making your team better.

Snr never involved his teammates or helped being them into the play.

Very far from greatest ever

Sheesh. Without doubt? Its not even true

Snr was a one dimensional ball vacuum. Athletic freak with skills, but there is a difference between sideshow party tricks and actually making your team better.

Snr never involved his teammates or helped being them into the play.

Very far from greatest ever
I said footballer, not team player. you must be 12 years old, everyone knows GA was the best.

Two of the greats. I'll go with Carey though. Still the best player I've seen along with Matthews. Ablett Snr right behind them. Big Gaz could turn a game on it's head, but Carey would pick his team up and carry it over the line.

Ablett could beat 2 or 3 players on him, Carey could never beat Jakovich.

Who told you that?

He beat Jackovich many times. All he had to do was run off him, but sometimes he stupidly allowed himself to get caught up wrestling

My eyes, Hell anyone who seen Carey vs Jakovich knows Jakovich got the better of him.

Back