Competitions WCE 2016 Fantasy Football Related Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo will be a top 6 defender.

That horrible GF will only see Yeo improve. Would be burning.

A big lock, especially if defence. If he was just a mid I'd think differently.

Think Yeo will still improve regardless of where they play him (he's still only 22 - crazy!). Predicting he might be the one to take the biggest leap in 2016. Hoping he is in midfield primarily - he can still drift back or forward as a follower :)

With Emac and Brown back, Nelson a year older and maybe even Cole to push for a spot then this should free up Yeo to the midfield.

It's hard to get a break out star in the price range he is in, sometimes you just need to take a punt.

As IF you'd get Shannon Burn in SC. He's that one player who everyone thinks each year will do something and he continues to disappoint. He runs away from the football, doesn't demand it, and would probably feint at getting a few cheap stats. Not fantasy relevant anymore.

Yeo on the other hand has improved in every single season. At worst, he'll get some shitty shutdown gig on an opponent in defense somewhere and he'll break even with his current price. But at his best he can produce some outstanding scores. Simmo isn't blind to what he can do when he isn't shackled.

Sheed is tempting as i think he'll have a decent year, probs ave 85 - 90. Can't bring myself to grab him at that price though.

As IF you'd get Shannon Burn in SC. He's that one player who everyone thinks each year will do something and he continues to disappoint. He runs away from the football, doesn't demand it, and would probably feint at getting a few cheap stats. Not fantasy relevant anymore.

Yeo on the other hand has improved in every single season. At worst, he'll get some shitty shutdown gig on an opponent in defense somewhere and he'll break even with his current price. But at his best he can produce some outstanding scores. Simmo isn't blind to what he can do when he isn't shackled.

Sheed is tempting as i think he'll have a decent year, probs ave 85 - 90. Can't bring myself to grab him at that price though.
Sheeds not going to break out toomuch more especially without a full preseason.

Yeo will go nuts. Like top3 in DEF nuts if he plays in the midfield all year. There were games last year against the lower sides where he wasn't required back, spent the whole game on the ball ir resting forward and was scoring 100+. One game he scored a 145 so the potential to go big is there.
Yeo gets alot of contested ball in open spots of the park and not in a pack underneath a ruckman. He is also a contested marking beast, hense the Fyfe comparisons.
Likes to kick a goal too.

In the games McGovern didn't play and remembering no ENac or Brown, Schofield would take the key forward in the goal square and Yeo the next tallest stay at home forward.
These games he was scoring 45-60.

It's pretty obvious that if at least one of Enac, Brown or Gov can take that 2nd tall then Yeo can run free and score me some mofo SC points like a boss.

Are there any casual bigfooty leagues for afl fantasy? I haven't played for a couple of years, but now they've scrapped the sub I thought I'd jump back on.

sorry to intrude, just a quick question about Lycett. Is he fit and will he slot straight in after the trade? Looking for a cheapish fwd/ruck for flexibility.

sorry to intrude, just a quick question about Lycett. Is he fit and will he slot straight in after the trade? Looking for a cheapish fwd/ruck for flexibility.
Swansujelly you're not intruding at all, this is why the thread is here. :)

We all hope Scott can nail down that 2nd ruck and become a pinch hitting forward.

However a)will he make enough money to be upgraded? b) score enough to become a keeper. Personally I don't believe he will be a relevant fantasy scorer in any form.

larrikin FiveStrings swannies Please sticky for season 2016. I'll give you a night you'll never forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers. If he were to be a consistent 80 or so may be worth at his price, maybe front up a bit more and go tippet for the same spot.

I think Redden will be one to watch, was a big scorer in past seasons and if he gets over his injuries will slot in nicely to the midfield rotation.

Don't start with him IMO, will take a month to get match fit. A nice upgrade option after one of your cheapies goes up $100k and Redden drops $50k getting fit.

Eagles I have picked. Gaff, Yeo (mid) and Duggan (frd) and McGovern. IMO taller intercept backs score well early in the year as everyone is rusty and the kicking into their forward line can be below average in quality.

Lamb tooks tempting on the bench up forward at $194k. If he's firing in the preseason will get him in.

Also grabbed Rosa down back for GC. Can see him getting plenty of it off half back / wing.

Last edited:
Sheeds not going to break out toomuch more especially without a full preseason.

Yeo will go nuts. Like top3 in DEF nuts if he plays in the midfield all year.

It's pretty obvious that if at least one of Enac, Brown or Gov can take that 2nd tall then Yeo can run free and score me some mofo SC points like a boss.

I can see Sheed dropping in price but coming good after round 7 without any further injury setbacks.

Agree Yeo will be unleashed this year. Down back we will have a choice of Brown, EMac and also Nelson and even Ellis covering that role.

Last edited:
I can see Sheed dropping in price but coming good after round 7 without any further injury setbacks.

Agree Yeo will be unleashed this year. Down back we will have a choice of Brown, EMac and also Nelson and Ellis covering that role.
And Gov, Schofield, Butler and even Jetta. Shep and Wellers play the same role as last year and remain unchanged I think.

Gov with a bigger tank, a little bit of ruck and a few goals interested me too. I'll be looking to bring him in ASAP if there's not too much carnage.

How does Tom Lamb rate on the depth chart?

Next in line for a tall forward spot behind JK and Darling you would imagine. Club did give him a debut last season ahead of McInnnes.

hi guys, Duggan is an interesting one being a forward in supercoach this year, Is he a lock in best 22 or boarder line? Also what position do you see him playing and his scoring ability?

hi guys, Duggan is an interesting one being a forward in supercoach this year, Is he a lock in best 22 or boarder line? Also what position do you see him playing and his scoring ability?
He will get plenty of goes in the midfield. Mostly play from half forward rotating with Masten, Jetta and Lecras.
Ceiling is probally 80 this year.
As for best 22, alomst everyone here and the coaching staff rate him best 22 every week. He might get pushed out though if his form drops. Redden and Sheed are a month behind in their preseasons so he should get games early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back