Roast We are Very Overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we thought we would Improve this season but what I have seen. I reckon we have gone Backwards.

Here are my Thoughts on why:

• We are 1 trick pony side. Stop Cloke and we are Stuffed. Just put a player in front Cloke and we just bomb the ball everywhere
  • Too Many Kids in Important Postions. Kids in the Ruck. 2 Inexperinced KPD and 1 Big KPF in Cloke
  • Lumamba has gone Backwards. Should be shopped around
  • How Blair keeps getting a game is beyond me
  • Outside of Pendles. We have average at best users of the Ball
  • We have too many Soft Players. When hear Foot Steps they Fumble and Bumble
  • Goal Kicking is Disgusting
  • We don’t play more then 1 QTR a Game
  • Eddie having too much say with the Football Side of the Game. It was his Idea to do the MM and Bucks Thing. After 2010 when we won the Flag and Finals in 2011 we have gone Just Backwards

We could easily finish about 10-12th still.

We will struggle to win another game this year. We could beat Lions and GWS but they are no Gurantees.

We have to Go Backwards to go Forwards?

I said about 6 weeks ago that we would finish 7th or 8th. I also said last week that we will loose at least 4 more games.
We should still make the 8. We can still be a force next year.
My real concern this year has been players being given games despite average or bad form. This is my main criticism of Buckley. I am not saying 1 bad game and your out but there are guys in the team who play a good game now and then and we tend to forget all the mediocre games they play
e.g young lumumba blair white
I am not including the younger players in the list as they are still gaining experience so a bit of inconsistency in their form is to be expected.

Well we thought we would Improve this season but what I have seen. I reckon we have gone Backwards.

Here are my Thoughts on why:

• We are 1 trick pony side. Stop Cloke and we are Stuffed. Just put a player in front Cloke and we just bomb the ball everywhere
It is a double whammy on this point as well. EVEN if Cloke gets the ball, he is less than a 50/50 of kicking a bloody goal. That shot he missed before half time was a massive momentum killer. I mean, Young missing that mark was bad... but arguably Cloke missing that shot was worse :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a double whammy on this point as well. EVEN if Cloke gets the ball, he is less than a 50/50 of kicking a bloody goal. That shot he missed before half time was a massive momentum killer. I mean, Young missing that mark was bad... but arguably Cloke missing that shot was worse :(

Cloke is too Hot and Cold. He is Hot or he is Freezing.

We may well beat Essendon next week and play good footy while doing it-that does not in any way make up for the fact that tonight we were putrid. I can't understand the people who write off the whole season or predict top four on the basis of one game. Either extreme is ridiculous. I do understand those who vent their spleen over unacceptable performances. There is a difference.

I lost the plot at that stage. That was the game right there. Instead of going in four goals up we went in 11 points up and with no momentum. That bloke will kill me before his career is over.:mad:

Frankly I'm not surprised on where we are at as a footy side. IMO we were never more than a lower part of the 8 team this year with the significant changes made to the list over the previous few years. You can simply not replace all the wise heads who are so important in games.

Sure ther are some players who seem to have stagnated or gone backwards this year but that happens very year at very club.

But my biggest concern is that our 5 first round draft picks from the last 2 drafts (Grundy, BenKen, Broomhead, Scharenburg, and Freeman) have not got on the field really apart from Grund, and BenKen who has only played a couple of games. This year should have been the development year for these guys, and it really feels like a wasted opportunity.

We sadly need some class and these guys should have been having some impact this year, but alas it's a lost year so we can only hope they can get on the park next year.

Frankly I'm not surprised on where we are at as a footy side. IMO we were never more than a lower part of the 8 team this year with the significant changes made to the list over the previous few years. You can simply not replace all the wise heads who are so important in games.

Sure ther are some players who seem to have stagnated or gone backwards this year but that happens very year at very club.

But my biggest concern is that our 5 first round draft picks from the last 2 drafts (Grundy, BenKen, Broomhead, Scharenburg, and Freeman) have not got on the field really apart from Grund, and BenKen who has only played a couple of games. This year should have been the development year for these guys, and it really feels like a wasted opportunity.

We sadly need some class and these guys should have been having some impact this year, but alas it's a lost year so we can only hope they can get on the park next year.

Year the Injuries to Freeman and Scharanberg did hurt us. They could still play in the AFL This year though

I have finally had it with Cloke, this is the second time we have lost to these campaigners and both time Cloke has cost us, missing goals from the top of the square is not on

Another Reason I think is that he has F**K all in Support.

Grundy has been okay in Small Patches but he is still a few seasons off from having a Big Impact.

No - Elliot hurt as well tonight.

White and Lynch have been Useless. Been better to Keep Dawes.

Karnezis would help a lot. Kicked bags in the VFL

Time to take the rose coloured glasses off mate. Grundy has been shithouse.

I don’t think he has been Crap all Season. He in deed had a Absoulte Shocker this evening.

But you won’t call him a Shithouse Recurit. I think he is worn out and should probably play the Season out in the VFL.

Witts is in Career best form and I think him and White/Reid/Karnezis would be better

Pies are rebuilding.

If it WEREN'T for Pendles and Cloke, we'd be very much like our contemporaries in St Kilda.

Just hope we can get back on track before Pendles turns 30....:eek:

Well we are probably at 3 seasons away at least to getting back up the Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back