We can win the flag this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing thing is, if we get the job done this Friday night it will be the biggest turning point in 33 years. We'll be back as a genuine threat. Don't really want to think about it, I've pretty much wanted it more than anything else for decades. If we become a premiership threat in the near future I won't know what to do at games.

Amazing thing is, if we get the job done this Friday night it will be the biggest turning point in 33 years. We'll be back as a genuine threat. Don't really want to think about it, I've pretty much wanted it more than anything else for decades. If we become a premiership threat in the near future I won't know what to do at games.
Be an arrogant campaigner. :D

For the first time in my memory, we are playing good, competitive, tough, smart football. We are competing with all comers. We are beating teams who would've annihilated us in the past. Since round 7 we haven't really played a poor game. We aren't dropping games against middle of the road sides (Carlton, StK, GWS, Ess). We have beaten Freo, Collingwood and Sydney. We should've beaten Freo on the weekend, but that could've gone either way, and the result's not worth dwelling on.

This Friday night seems like a huge deal. Hawthorn are the yardstick as far as I'm concerned, and they have been for a few years. If we can open them up with fast ball movement, and rattle them early, I've no doubt we can beat them. This is the game. This is the one that our leaders have to stand up in and be counted: Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Ivan & Jack. Massive games from all of them. Lids and Martin have to gut run and have to bust Hawthorn's zone.

Come on Tiges. Make this massive.

(Have a massive game Bachar- 30 touches, you've been a gun all year, **** the haters)

Loading up on next year

I still think it's a year a team can steal a premiership. Hawthorn will be the overwhelming and confident favourites, but 3 in a row is a rare rare thing. Can see an underdog taking it out.
I reckon about 8 teams could take it out. A baby bombers year, no favourite.

my position is, Hawthorn are too old. They have performed this year, like a formula one car. And the F1 metaphor is perfect, because they are so finely evolved, so highly attuned, that they look as if they are up against Bathurst V8s on a speed track.

But age in the perception from outsiders, has a lag effect. It is only thru the lens of history, that you can work it out. P'raps, a weakness is conflating "hunger" with "age" (too old).

going with the F1 metaphor, there is a reason the team pits are all stocked with greased hands of PhD's of mechanical engineering. If there is one minor thing wrong with the machine, the entire machine cannot be driven for performance and the win at the respective grand prix. The racecar's fukced. You only have to disturb one part of the process and tinker with it, to ruin the performance synergy and gestalt. Its a secret mix.

In the worlds of Predator's Arnie, if it bleeds we can kill it. Well, F1 Hawks are a hemophiliac.

You wont be able to know they are too old til 18 months hence. Which is why my argument is so sound, because i have placed caveats on my premise, you guys cant tell me i am full of s**t

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gotta fix that forward line atm and get the goal kicking right.

Right now, it is as reliable as the australian dollar.

Basically our games are decided by whether our goal kicking is gonna turn up or not.

thats why you can go to Bankers Trust and hedge your currency requirement. They are now DeutschBank and smokin Joe Hockey's wife was head of the foreignx desk i think

Would like to see you guys win. I will be on your bandwagon for the finals. Much better than the Dawks winning three in a row.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a fantastic win last night. The Tigers were everything my beloved North Melbourne have not been this year (for any year for quite some time, actually) - committed, courageous and unrelenting.

I read somewhere that Richmond have now won 20 or their past 27. You guys are the real deal. We may well be finals combatants later in the year, but whatever happens, i'm looking forward to seeing how far Hardwick's team can go.

Enjoy your weekend Yellow and Black!

Top four is essential to have any chance. Everyone thinks if we finish their it will be at Sydney's expense, but why couldn't it be at Hawthorn's expense?

Firstly, we've shown what is possible with the right game plan and intensity. I'm sure WC, PA and the Cats will be studying last night's tapes real hard.

We keep winning and Sydney get some form back... suddenly Hawthorn are fifth.

If Freo finish 1st and we manage to sneak 4th then we'd have to go in with some confidence given our draw in the finals would be teams we have already beaten
1st week against Freo who we already have beaten over there and should have beaten again at the G
Win that then we get the week off
Would most likely come up against Hawthorn in a prelim and we've just shown we know how to beat them
Would set up a likely Grand Final against West Coast

I was at the game at Paterson's in 2013 when you were robbed by the umpires refusal to use the review system.
Your first quarter when you beat us earlier this year was the best footy I can remember seeing.
You let us take the game last week.
Yesterday's win was a tough,skilled and deserved club effort.
Great to watch and rapt for Bachar.
Last night's banner and your Indigenous jumper are rippers (except for the JEEP bit;)).
Your club's decision to do it shows the AFL and the country what leadership and dignity are about.
Respect the shape your club's in and look forward to a growing rivalry.
Also,I picked you to win so thanks for that!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I am actually starting to get very nervous and excited at the same time. Very happy presently but worried it will all unravel again in September. In any case I am very, very impressed with the personnel at the club and feel they have everything under control. Our success on the field reflects this. As soon as Benny Gale came on board I was very confident that eventually things will turn around. Also, they did not go for a quick fix but a slow sustained rebuild. Our patience is paying off guys.

On a side note, how many cars do you see with Tiger stickers on them? Richmond and Hawthorn are the ones I see most out and about. Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back