Universal Love We fly as one - 2015 tag line for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can now honestly say I love our tag line and I never want it to change.

That shows how good it is! I honestly am struggling to remember the old ones :)

If it wasn't Phil's line - it embodies Phil's beliefs.

If it was meant as a call to action this year - it has become our heart and soul, a reminder why we love our team, more than just a tag line, something to live by.

Phil Walsh has influenced the heart of our club more in 9 months than anyone could have imagined.

I have to say, I never thought much of the We Fly As One tagline but, right now, I'm happy enough to say that I was wrong.

Can't see it ever changing now, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't it be great for the day of the funeral and our next game if we all change our avatars to "we fly as one' for the day.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pretty glad the club didn't go down the un-PC route and use "murder" in the slogan, like a few people (me included) hoped. Would have made a s**t situation so much worse.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pretty glad the club didn't go down the un-PC route and use "murder" in the slogan, like a few people (me included) hoped. Would have made a s**t situation so much worse.

I've had that same thought.

Whilst at the club today noticed that the banner out the front is still the Van Berlo one. Might be time to update that. Or at least take it down.

Also saw the "Pride of South Australia" slogan across the balcony. Would love to see We Fly As One replace that.
yeah? under normal circumstances I'd definitely whinge about that being a bit lazy.

Let's never change this slogan. Ever.

Overnight it has trumped any song, any pre match ritual or any other marketing type gimmick that sports clubs use by association.

We've found our "thing". Sadly, we've had to experience such an overwhelming tragedy to fully appreciate it, but I guess that's how all the significant "things" start...

RIP Phil. I'll always think of you when I hear/read the WFAO in future.

Always thought it was a good marketing slogan but it has taken on so much more meaning over the weekend, should definitely remain as the clubs motto forever (I'd probably replace that one on the shield to give it a permanent place).

Has been very touching seeing the other clubs and players using it.

been thinking this myself but wasn't sure if it would be taken well to post it. Definitely correct move not to use that wordoing even though as debated when it had been discussed on here it is a totally different meaning.

Bit like the Whatever it takes by Essendon in the initial ASADA year except rather than ironic and funny to poke at would have just been depressingly sad irony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back