List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you aware of Davis' close friendship with Steele Talon since their uni days (as evidenced by Steele's tweets)?

I'd back him in to be right.

I'm not really bothered by who or what, and I haven't heard any figure mentioned by my 'sources', and I hate using the word 'source' as it makes out like some kind of clandestine operation, when really its just talking to blokes that know him at local foot functions.

All I know is that a number of Beams close friends play in the QAFL/QFA for Broadbeach, Western Magpies and Coorparoo and to a man they have all said he signed a 6 year deal. I doubt he would tell his close friends how much he gets paid (I certainly wouldn't) and to me it doesn't matter - he will be a Lion for life and he will be on big dollars in the first few seasons.

Terry Wallace just gave us an A+ for our trade period.

I have always very much respected Terry's word on all things list management - no need to use the search function to confirm that, just take my word for it.

Our forward line is going to be stacked with medium forwards/mids rotating through there next year. And probably more rotating through there. I'm extremely interested to see how our game plan changes next year.

I hope our game plan is something along these lines:

Our forward line is going to be stacked with medium forwards/mids rotating through there next year.

D Beams
C Beams
Mayes
Zorko
Christensen
Green
Taylor

And probably more rotating through there. I'm extremely interested to see how our game plan changes next year.

Yep.

And even if the game plan doesn't change, the way we look when everything clicked in patches at the end of this season was pretty exciting. I'm hopeful that with a couple more fast, effective midfielders who can push forward that it'll look better and we'll click more often.

Getting the ball in the hands of the right player in the right spot is the crucial thing, particulary when you don't have dominant key forward to take contested marks. Beams is a great decision maker in the forward half and he'll make us just that much more effective.

Exciting.

I have always very much respected Terry's word on all things list management - no need to use the search function to confirm that, just take my word for it.
He works by the theory that if you try often enough, eventually you'll get one right.

Haha, random Twitter guy is also a Pies man who has had a serious bug up his butt about Brisbane for years.

Thommo hasn't had any inside word since he got his marching orders from Devine Homes years ago.
Remember him.he posted a lot on here
Always thought he had inside info.

I am keen to see which of the young forwards steps up, should get some decent service from the midfield.

We will make finals if someone from our team can kick 50+ goals IMO. Not sure who that player can be but we need someone to step up. I think our backline will do ok.
Do we need someone to kick 50?

Think we will have a spread of goal kickers with the red poodle kicking the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my day (back in 2000) we had 3 players who kicked more than 50 goals for the Lions in a season.

It has been a while since we have had anyone kick 50 in a year for us. I think our flankers and mids have plenty of goals in them so if a Close, Merrett, Freeman, Staker can kick 50 this year we will be going very well. I could just be dreaming.

With Zorks spending a bit more time in the forward line again I'd like to see him kick a few more as well.
I wouldn't be so sure on Zorko being booted back to the forward line just yet.

Zorko's explosiveness out of a pack, coupled with his speed is just scary good.

Think I would rather Bundy in the forward line then Zorko.

I wouldn't be so sure on Zorko being booted back to the forward line just yet.

Zorko's explosiveness out of a pack, coupled with his speed is just scary good.

Think I would rather Bundy in the forward line then Zorko.
But with Reddo and Beams coming in, I would suggest that he would spend just a bit more of his rotation there. That being the case you'd expect him to hit the scoreboard a bit more.

It has been a while since we have had anyone kick 50 in a year for us. I think our flankers and mids have plenty of goals in them so if a Close, Merrett, Freeman, Staker can kick 50 this year we will be going very well. I could just be dreaming.

2012 went close with Brown on 47.

2010 was the last and was Brown with 53 and Fev on 48

But with Reddo and Beams coming in, I would suggest that he would spend just a bit more of his rotation there. That being the case you'd expect him to hit the scoreboard a bit more.
Thought you were suggesting that Zorks would be more of a forward that rotates into the midfield.

If he is just rotating to the forward from the midfield then that's fine.

Just such a waste to have that fast-break out of the mid that can kick it 50m+ sitting in the forward pocket.

you know when you have an under developed forward line, when josh green is your leading goal scorer :p

Terry is a Legend as he totally ****** the Tigers up for 10 years at least :).
Total respect for that bang up job.

3FeU97.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back