List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
D.Beams in his first press conference displays the new club motto of a 'bit of swagger' and has a willingness to talk up the team's prospects which is great. Its been many moons since we've had that at Brisbane. I thought his words related to Buckley sounded pretty genuine and indicate that the media/punter type speculation about widespread discontent at the Pies is probably wrong. My suspicion all along is that the situation there is a bit like Voss at the Lions (sorry to offend anyone - he was a great player!) in that he's a basically decent coach and footy brain but just not the great manager/people person that is required today. Anyway, that's Collingwood's problem...

Sorry to intrude boys and girls. Just wondering if Dayne has a jumper number as yet?

Would he get 16 next to his brother or should that stay with a 'home grown' Lion?

I actually would have preferred Bundy take #9 and Dayne take #3.

Oh well, will take some time getting used to seeing Beams in #9 though.

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez that Beams interview was good, he has confidence and a swagger that we have missed, me likey likey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck to dayne at Brisbane. One thing you have to remember before you get too excited is that Dayne really got a ride from people around him like Luke ball, pendlebury, and Dane Swan, dale Thomas back in the day. With your junior midfield he is likely to drop from a 30 touch player to about 17-22 per game. There were stars everywhere taking the better quality match ups which allowed him to play on the lesser quality mids, and has never got a tag. Likewise in the fwd line with Cloke being triple teamed and the likes of Davis, krakouer, sidebottom etc drawing away all the good defenders, dayne had space to get some shots on goal, I don't think he'll have the same luxury at Brisbane. Probably will get the same shock that a Dale Thomas got going to Carlton and finding out he wasn't half as good as he thought he was. Regardless Dayne is a good guy, I've had a beer or two with him at the local and wish him all the best.

Alright enough now man, go eat them sour tasting grapes somewhere else.

Good luck to dayne at Brisbane. One thing you have to remember before you get too excited is that Dayne really got a ride from people around him like Luke ball, pendlebury, and Dane Swan, dale Thomas back in the day. With your junior midfield he is likely to drop from a 30 touch player to about 17-22 per game. There were stars everywhere taking the better quality match ups which allowed him to play on the lesser quality mids, and has never got a tag. Likewise in the fwd line with Cloke being triple teamed and the likes of Davis, krakouer, sidebottom etc drawing away all the good defenders, dayne had space to get some shots on goal, I don't think he'll have the same luxury at Brisbane. Probably will get the same shock that a Dale Thomas got going to Carlton and finding out he wasn't half as good as he thought he was. Regardless Dayne is a good guy, I've had a beer or two with him at the local and wish him all the best.

Contradicting yourself a fair bit now pal.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

q5UXfHz.gif

Sour grapes are real. Just 2 weeks ago, he was an elite midfielder who kicked 1-2 goals a game and got 25+ possessions now he's going to suddenly digress.

We think he'll be fine. Not even going to cop the tag from most taggers next year anyway.

He's going to have Rich, Hanley, Zorko, Redden, Rockliff to support him.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
1AJEA

We think he'll be fine. Not even going to cop the tag from most taggers next year anyway.

He's going to have Rich, Hanley, Zorko, Redden, Rockliff to support him.
Yea they are ok, but at collingwood he was our 4th best midfielder, at Brisbance he will be the No1 so will get a lot more attention than he's used to.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yea they are ok, but at collingwood he was our 4th best midfielder, at Brisbance he will be the No1 so will get a lot more attention than he's used to.

Ok? Yeah alright you have no clue.

Nah he won't. Get this out of your thick head. He'll be our 3rd or 4th best midfielder. Rich, Hanley and Zorko would all get the tag before him.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys

Starting to think this guy is a joke account.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok? Yeah alright you have no clue.

Nah he won't. Get this out of your thick head. He'll be our 3rd or 4th best midfielder. Rich, Hanley and Zorko would all get the tag before him.
That's a lot to pay for a 3rd/4th mid. We were paying him 330k. What's he on now 850k or something? We couldn't have afforded to pay him any more so were bound to let him go anyway so not sour grapes from me. Sidebottom surpassed him this years anyway, we've got Freeman coming through, and now Greenwood in on an affordable contract sets us up nicely. broomhead is looking like he will be a direct replacement for abeams only with better vision and football smarts.

Hysteria25

All Australian
May 25, 2009
Anti-Clique HQ
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's a lot to pay for a 3rd/4th mid. We were paying him 330k. What's he on now 850k or something? We couldn't have afforded to pay him any more so were bound to let him go anyway so not sour grapes from me. Sidebottom surpassed him this years anyway, we've got Freeman coming through, and now Greenwood in on an affordable contract sets us up nicely. broomhead is looking like he will be a direct replacement for abeams only with better vision and football smarts.

We also have Freeman coming through ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back