We need a good dinosaur game

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
This just came to me. Nobody can claim they dont want one. It doesnt have to be Jurassic Park, but it should be. I dont mean one of those point and clicks things, I mean a decent, playable game.

Think of good it would be to killing some smaller grunts (Compies?) before heading out into a clearing to see a Tyrannosaur picking at a fallen foe only to turn to notice you.

Some hack writer can create a scenario when all the herbivores (Brachiosaurs) drink smoe mutated water or something that turns them into bloodthirsty killers of isolated human video game anti-heroes.

Dinosaurs make perfect game subject matter.

1. They fill the role of zombies/Nazis/Russians as unthinking killers we dont feel bad about rocket launching. Moral ambiguity is hard.

2. There's lots of different varieties for enemies. T-Rex as the final boss; lets see Glados stand up to that.

3. Think of the visuals. That same Jurassic Park awe in a game.

4. They already dead. No chance of pissing off an interest group.

The more I think of it, the more angry I am this doesnt exist.

Bring back Turok.
I absolutely loved the PS3 Turok game, I really thought it was something genuinely different.

And I really loved the co-op modes, they were extremely fun.

Was very disappointed when they cancelled the potential sequel.

Would prefer a dinosaur game where you aren't armed to the teeth with 40,000 different weapons with the aim to kill them. A survival game with 'next-gen' graphics would be fine with me; basically Jurassic Park in video game form I suppose; just not Telltale-style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't help but think when I was playing Far Cry 3 how sweet it would've been if the island was populated with dinosaurs.

Anyone else remember trespasser? That was an awesome game - if not a little over ambitious for its time (actually was way ahead of its time on a lot of levels)

It was based on lone survivor from a plane crash trying to get off site B (I can't Remeber if it was before or after the lost world - but it was Jurassic park)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back