we need a mini rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

robaba

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our older players are not up to it anymore.. Wellsy was putrid. Boomer was unsighted. Drew will never kick straight. Black is cooked. Spud brave but stoopid. I felt tonight the old fellas really let the younger players down.

yeah nah.

we need our younger brigade to turn up every week.

Wells on the park ever week would be great through the H&A.

we made the final 4 teams, pushed ourselves up 2 spots in 2 weeks in the hardest games of the year.

Wells has been underdone and only had one decent game really since coming back from injury. With a full pre-season I'm backing him in :thumbsu:

In fact the only player you have cause to have grievance with, Black, is 24 years old.

*, he is older than I thought.

Saved his worst game of a dreadful season for the prelim. I'll just leave it at that before I say something I regret but Rohan should thank him for kickstarting his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so much as a rebuild but we do need to seriously review our list. We have a number of older players that may have 1-2 years left, a number that appear to be chronically injured and some that probably just won't make it.

Are these players going to be best 22 in 2015-16?
Brad McKenzie,
Liam Anthony,
Ben Jacobs,
Leigh Adams (injury concern),
Keiran Harper,
Robbbie Tarrant,
Taylor Hione,
Tom Curran,
Mitch Wilkens,
Aaron Black (is he carrying a shoulder injury?),
Majak Daw.

Obviously the Club can't delist 11 players plus contract status will be a factor.

We need luck and to find maybe 3 more players. I'm hoping Garner can get an extended run. Other spots are up for grabs.

Out of tonight's side, who won't be playing at the same stage next year?

Jacobs finish to the year was impressive, but his 2 finals were poor. Looked panicked.
Grima unless 100% fit is borderline, he was a much better player 12 months ago.
We all love Gibson's endeavour, but he's not as safe as people think. Very limited creatively and skill-wise when he has the ball. Controversial.
Perhaps Black, bit of a tweener yet has obvious talent.
Bastinac needs to become more reliable with the ball if he's to play that outside floater role.

Need to do some heavy trading , Black, Bastinac, Jacobs, Anthony, and unfortunately Grima. The guy's a good player during the season but is putrid when it comes to finals. Wouldn't mind going after Jeremy Cameron, Waite, Carlisle, and speedy outside type player.

There are around 10 players outside the team tonight thatcan come in and make a ddifference if they have uninterrupted preseason and that includes KP defenders and forwards and classy mid sized players. Genuine ball winning midfielders are in short supply though and perhaps a big defender.

We need luck and to find maybe 3 more players. I'm hoping Garner can get an extended run. Other spots are up for grabs.

Out of tonight's side, who won't be playing at the same stage next year?

Jacobs finish to the year was impressive, but his 2 finals were poor. Looked panicked.
Grima unless 100% fit is borderline, he was a much better player 12 months ago.
We all love Gibson's endeavour, but he's not as safe as people think. Very limited creatively and skill-wise when he has the ball. Controversial.
Perhaps Black, bit of a tweener yet has obvious talent.
Bastinac needs to become more reliable with the ball if he's to play that outside floater role.

Just came off a 35 touches, 15 contested possession semi final against Geelong.

Errrrrgggghhhhh.

Not so much as a rebuild but we do need to seriously review our list. We have a number of older players that may have 1-2 years left, a number that appear to be chronically injured and some that probably just won't make it.

Brad McKenzie,
Liam Anthony,
Ben Jacobs,
Keiran Harper,
Robbbie Tarrant,
Taylor Hione,
Tom Curran,
Mitch Wilkens,
Majak Daw.

Obviously the Club can't delist 11 players plus contract status will be a factor.
You are right Lim, but we need to have a few beers, let the dust settle and then cast a critical eye....

Brad McKenzie,
Liam Anthony,
Ben Jacobs,
Keiran Harper,
Robbbie Tarrant,
Taylor Hione,
Tom Curran,
Mitch Wilkens,
Majak Daw.

Outside of Black it's a poor list, the two year contract offered to Adams still sh!ts me.

Brad McKenzie,
Liam Anthony,
Ben Jacobs,
Keiran Harper,
Robbbie Tarrant,
Taylor Hione,
Tom Curran,
Mitch Wilkens,
Majak Daw.

Can't see many of those names being part of a premiership tilt. Maybe Black if he extracts the digit?

We really need to cash in on being a club on the rise and attract some top end talent looking to jump on board and get some success.

I think we need to pull the trigger this year and get aggressive at the trade table.

Can't emphasise enough the value of finals experience combined with a week off.
One more year together for these guys, top 4 finish and a rest, and we can get flag. Even if we don't get a rest we'll be better for the run.

Just a spent side that came up against pure class that was fresh. We'll be okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back