we need a mini rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS North Melbourne posters.. unbelievable. TAKE THE ROSE COLORED GLASSES OFF.

"Exceptional aerial skills" this view is what nearly costed us the geelong SF - re-watch the last quarter and the amount of times the ball was rebounded as a direct result of a Lindsay turnover in a one on one marking contest.
The diving, the acting, the wasted forward entries directed to him (is Scott's fault that he is utilized this way)the marking attempts (he is not even 6ft tall), the stupid turnovers he produces from OTT displays of aggression costs us time after time.
Yet the view from North Melbourne supporters is that he is untouchable and I get shot down for suggesting he be traded out. Its an opinion FFS and one that I firmly believe would result in North Melbourne being a better side.
Could you see Lindsay Thomas and the way he behaves playing for Sydney or Hawthorn? The way he behaves wouldn't be tolerated.
The mentality to become great requires setting an "elite standard" which doesn't accept or tolerate such behaviors.

Unfortunately the elite standard and becoming elite are just words.

Mate, it is all good to have an opinion, however if you voice that opinion you do run the risk of others not agreeing and voicing their opinions.:)

Mate, it is all good to have an opinion, however if you voice that opinion you do run the risk of others not agreeing and voicing their opinions.:)

But my opinion is the right opinion.

and if you don't agree I will internet you until you do.

#thatswhatforumsarefor

No problemo
I don'taappreciate being shut down or insulted as not being a north supporter or a troll just because I have an opinion different to others.

How many ppl would have supported a wayne schwass trade if it was suggested post season 97?

No problemo
I don'taappreciate being shut down or insulted as not being a north supporter or a troll just because I have an opinion different to others.

How many ppl would have supported a wayne schwass trade if it was suggested post season 97?

I was pretty excited about the Schwass deal when it happened, are you saying we will get a Shannon Grant for Lindsay or are you happy with pick 43 in the draft, cause that is where most people had his worth on you trade board thread, I still say that thread was silly.;)

I was pretty excited about the Schwass deal when it happened, are you saying we will get a Shannon Grant for Lindsay or are you happy with pick 43 in the draft, cause that is where most people had his worth on you trade board thread, I still say that thread was silly.;)

Not really fussed what you say, and hindsight now is wonderful but at the time we were trading our vice captain and a proven match winner for a 19 year kid with promise.

p.s I didn't think the return for McIntosh and hale was great either

Not really fussed what you say, and hindsight now is wonderful but at the time we were trading our vice captain and a proven match winner for a 19 year kid with promise.

Interesting to note the players that we were able to resign directly after Geelong took all of HMac's contract.

This thread was started in post match anger i think. Taking aim at Wells, Boomer, Drew and Spud seems irrational. Quite simply we wouldn't have even been close to a prelim if it were not for said players. True champions of the NMFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well yes your opinion appears to be the only one that matters, why don't you just open notepad up and type to yourself? then the opinions of others wont get in the way.

and we all knew he was a little more then a 19 year old kid with promise, probably in hindsight one of the few trades we have ever come close to winning on.

well yes your opinion appears to be the only one that matters, why don't you just open notepad up and type to yourself? then the opinions of others wont get in the way.

and we all knew he was a little more then a 19 year old kid with promise, probably in hindsight one of the few trades we have ever come close to winning on.
Whatever you say boss

Lindsay seemed to stop chasing the second half of year due to a knee injury I suspect. His demeanour at times doesn’t look right. Happy to trade.

Seriously? The NMFC isn't your Supercoach team.

lol must commend you on this idea.. since trying it, I have won every discussion started.

Black rarely impresses me, never really gives 100% in my opinion. I would look seriously at putting him on the trade table.

This thread was started in post match anger i think. Taking aim at Wells, Boomer, Drew and Spud seems irrational. Quite simply we wouldn't have even been close to a prelim if it were not for said players. True champions of the NMFC.
You are 100% correct. I was angry and drunk. I am still angry and drunk. To his credit, I have to commend the coach for the way he has managed players like sam and Levi. But can he make the harrd calls on the senior players? Drew may need to play in then back line, his goal kicking is embarrassing and demoralizing.boomer and wellsy cannot pick and choose when to put in. Firrito has too many brain farts which costs us dearly. Onwards to 2015 and more drinking. Merry Xmas all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back