We need moar development

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was reading an interesting article about different clubs and who they rely on when going into forward 50 - all of our players are fossils. Who do we have currently on our list that is going to step up and fill these roles?

North MelbourneWho gives it: Brent Harvey Fifty-nine inside 50s in 2014. AFL ranking equal 25th. Harvey continues to be one of the Roos' most damaging playmakers and there are few, if any, players North would want kicking inside its forward 50 more than 'Boomer'. A pinpoint kick and composed decision-maker, Harvey gives his forwards silver service.
The most efficient: Nick Dal Santo The former Saint has more than lived up to expectations in his first year at Arden Street. His class ball use by foot has stood out, with the veteran midfielder hitting 58.7 per cent of his inside 50 targets.
And who gets it: Drew Petrie The 31-year-old spearhead continues to be the Roos' clear No. 1 target in attack, with 104 of their kicks inside 50s directed at the vice-captain.
The converter: Brent Harvey No one makes things happen on North's forward line like the 36-year-old, with 52.4 per cent of the inside 50 kicks directed at him this year resulting in a North score. – Nick Bowen

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
I was reading an interesting article about different clubs and who they rely on when going into forward 50 - all of our players are fossils. Who do we have currently on our list that is going to step up and fill these roles?

North MelbourneWho gives it: Brent Harvey Fifty-nine inside 50s in 2014. AFL ranking equal 25th. Harvey continues to be one of the Roos' most damaging playmakers and there are few, if any, players North would want kicking inside its forward 50 more than 'Boomer'. A pinpoint kick and composed decision-maker, Harvey gives his forwards silver service.
The most efficient: Nick Dal Santo The former Saint has more than lived up to expectations in his first year at Arden Street. His class ball use by foot has stood out, with the veteran midfielder hitting 58.7 per cent of his inside 50 targets.
And who gets it: Drew Petrie The 31-year-old spearhead continues to be the Roos' clear No. 1 target in attack, with 104 of their kicks inside 50s directed at the vice-captain.
The converter: Brent Harvey No one makes things happen on North's forward line like the 36-year-old, with 52.4 per cent of the inside 50 kicks directed at him this year resulting in a North score. – Nick Bowen

This is the problem, still relying on our 3 most experienced players, where the hell are the next group? This is why we have not elevated to consistent top 4 team.

To be fair, Harvey is probably the best kick going inside 50 in the game so I'd be disappointed if he wasn't leading those stats and what else did we get Dal Santo for if not to be a class user of the ball?

The tall forward cupboard does suddenly look very bare though with Tarrant's injuries and the stalling of Black's career

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair, Harvey is probably the best kick going inside 50 in the game so I'd be disappointed if he wasn't leading those stats and what else did we get Dal Santo for if not to be a class user of the ball?

The tall forward cupboard does suddenly look very bare though with Tarrant's injuries and the stalling of Black's career
I dont have a problem with Harvey kicking it in (because hes a gun) what im worried about is who is going to step up and take his place? Zeibel? no, Cunnington? hes an inside player. Wells is getting on in age. I just dont see it right now.

I dont have a problem with Harvey kicking it in (because hes a gun) what im worried about is who is going to step up and take his place? Zeibel? no, Cunnington? hes an inside player. Wells is getting on in age. I just dont see it right now.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back