WE NEED MORE LEFT FOOTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Boots would be considered safety gear so I can see why players have to choose their own. If we forced players to wear a type of boot and the player hurt themselves because they were too hard, or caught in the grass then the club could be found to be negligent or providing unsafe workplace. Isn't OH&S wonderful?

Boots would be considered safety gear so I can see why players have to choose their own. If we forced players to wear a type of boot and the player hurt themselves because they were too hard, or caught in the grass then the club could be found to be negligent or providing unsafe workplace. Isn't OH&S wonderful?
I think you'll find boot manufacturer sponsorship plays a greater part than OH&S (WH&S now?) regs.

If an employer wants to make absolutely sure they've fulfilled their OH&S obligations, they supply the safety gear, not let the employees choose their own.

I think you'll find boot manufacturer sponsorship plays a greater part than OH&S (WH&S now?) regs.

If an employer wants to make absolutely sure they've fulfilled their OH&S obligations, they supply the safety gear, not let the employees choose their own.
Oh definitely sponsorship plays a part, but that's still on the player, not the club.

By the look of Ballas who has the slippers off as soon as he hears the final siren he'd be finished if he wore sprigs.
He's a liability when he slips over at crucial times during a game, and Ballas does it more than most.

I was actually at a course with the Dockers' head trainer today, I should have asked her about the studs thing but I didn't think of it at the time.

She did mention they've noticed players who switched to the harder soled footy boots tended to roll their ankles slightly more often.

Didn't Clarko on the couch say something about the Subi surface not being up to scratch and their players slipping in the QF and they all changed in the PF?

Have to have a look..

Paraphrasing here but Clarkson said ; " I'm not having a go at the curator but Subiaco is probably the worst surface in the league. We watched players like Ballantyne Who is one of the better small forwards in the game , slipping over and others also, and we decided to change our boots for the game." " it helped us ", he added.

Paraphrasing here but Clarkson said ; " I'm not having a go at the curator but Subiaco is probably the worst surface in the league. We watched players like Ballantyne Who is one of the better small forwards in the game , slipping over and others also, and we decided to change our boots for the game." " it helped us ", he added.
So, effectively, boot choice could have just cost us a premiership. Outstanding.

One minute we represent ourselves as a no compromise club, the next, soft as butter.

We don't need more left-footers.
What we really need is players that can hoof it off EITHER FOOT !!! The actual superstars of the AFL almost always can do so. That ability alone has a far bigger influence on a player's output (and therefore their value) than many may realise. Our list managers could do far worse than concentrate on this factor instead of getting players who have talent but are only really effective 70% of the time because they are shithouse on their opposite side.

There's nothing Pearce-like about Danyle Pearce's kicking.

We need elite disposal by foot, but perhaps the gameplan cuts the margin for error too fine? Do remember a Hawks supporter on the main board ranting and raving that it wasn't necesarily their disposal efficiency being so good but that their structures allowed them knowledge of the next kick at all times.

After all, perhaps the loopy hospital kicks was truly because there was no one to kick to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally re: Mundy but disagree on Mora and Shero. Mora's kicking isn't great and whilst Shero's isn't either it better than Mora's and on the improve. And he provides so much line breaking speed and evasion I think we need to overlook the very occasional scrubber. Added to this, he doesn't suit any other roles IMO.

mora's a big kick

There's nothing Pearce-like about Danyle Pearce's kicking.

We need elite disposal by foot, but perhaps the gameplan cuts the margin for error too fine? Do remember a Hawks supporter on the main board ranting and raving that it wasn't necesarily their disposal efficiency being so good but that their structures allowed them knowledge of the next kick at all times.

After all, perhaps the loopy hospital kicks was truly because there was no one to kick to.

he's prob one of best kicks in league if not pressured

That's just clearly not true. He muffs plenty of kicks both to players and at goal when under no immediate physical pressure. In fact I think he's worst when he's got time to think about it.
What I noticed late in the season was that his right boot was sliding out from underneath him when he was kicking especialy on Subiaco Oval .
Later when he came closes I noted that he was wearing moulded sole boots

That's just clearly not true. He muffs plenty of kicks both to players and at goal when under no immediate physical pressure. In fact I think he's worst when he's got time to think about it.

Yeah i guess it depends on what your chasing, i like to think of him as a glass cannon...............................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back