Toast We need to change back to Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

We are the Footscray Football Club....we need to change our name back to our traditional name.

The Footscray chant yesterday gave me chills that I have'nt experienced for years at the footy.

I know the reasons why the club will say they wont but the Western Bulldogs name hasnt exactly been a great success either.

Footscray clap clap clap Footscray

We are the Footscray Football Club....we need to change our name back to our traditional name.

The Footscray chant yesterday gave me chills that I have experienced for years at the footy.

I know the reasons why the club will say they wont but the Western Bulldogs name hasnt exactly been a great success either.

Footscray clap clap clap Footscray

Cleveland 100% support you. You will however have opened a can of worms.

Passion is not just about winning, it is about being proud of the traditions of why the club exists, its past, present and future. Our franchise name has done zero in regards to the reasons we were provided with the name change and will forever de value the club itself

what is a western bulldog? I know what a Footscray Bulldog is lol.....The main reason the name was changed was because we were in debt with a low membership...guess what the name change hasnt changed that as we are now $10m in debt as well as having the lowest membership by all vic clubs

"Western" saved our club, we nearly lost it altogether being Footscray so i'm happy to adopt the Western suburbs in order to stay alive and even thrive in the future. As was said above, we have our Footscray fix in the VFL now which is fantastic.

Just a side note, was the name "West Melbourne Bulldogs" ever thrown up? Sounds a little weird but I guess it's no different to North Melbourne Kangaroos...

Would be a major step backwards and could end the club

No big sponsor wants to be any part of the "footscray" name no matter why we think.

It's as dead as the dodo let it rest :)

not-again-picard_21.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just have a big bring back footscray thread and the twice yearly this gets raised it be merged, it's the same thread every time like a dog chasing tail

But just think that we will be putting an end to our new yearly tradition which is to have a thread wanting the footscray name back... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
It would be like cancelling Christmas :p

"Western" has such a ring to it, and a lot of character.

"Hey Phil, I'm going out to Western today."
"Where?"
"You know, Western, where the Bulldogs are based. Hang on, it's not in the Melways or the GPS. Just comes up with Western Australia, Western District, Western movies, no place called Western. Why is that Phil?"
"Cause the stupid f***ers had a real place as their name, but changed it. No pride in the name, or the history of the club. Western is nothing, I don't even think it's a noun, I think it's an adjective. Why would a team be called an adjective?"
"You lost me at noun, Phil"....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back