Remove this Banner Ad

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-07-31/lachie-neale-

I'm a big fan of lamb shanks and Lachie. Shank or not his IMO game was great and he is crucial to Freo's final campaign as he adds much needed depth to the midfield. Plus releases Fyfe forward adding marking strength to the forward line seen mostly in the first quarter.

Yeah love Neale but our midfield did not look sharp except for Fyfe. They are not executing well at all, playing around with the ball, bombing long where we have no talls and pressure is not there.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess,I thought the only time Lachie bobbed up in the game was the hospital pass to Balla that got him poleaxed and the 50 metre penalty and the Gods hand of fate clearance shank that dropped in his arms.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess,I thought the only time Lachie bobbed up in the game was the hospital pass to Balla that got him poleaxed and the 50 metre penalty and the Gods hand of fate clearance shank that dropped in his arms.

I thought Lachie was important in the last... not just for the Wood shank. He got quite a bit of ball in the last from what I saw, receiving the ball under pressure and quickly finding a target in more space to help release that pressure and ensure we retained the ball. Quite a bit of his work was in linking, rather than digging out or finishing (the game-winning goal aside).

I thought Lachie was important in the last... not just for the Wood shank. He got quite a bit of ball in the last from what I saw, receiving the ball under pressure and quickly finding a target in more space to help release that pressure and ensure we retained the ball. Quite a bit of his work was in linking, rather than digging out or finishing (the game-winning goal aside).

Fair enough ,but like I said opinions on footy are all over the place but thats what makes this place so interesting.

Missed it and our season was cooked. Nice intercept before the goal as well, can't remember which Carltank player dropped it but Neale grabbed it, palmed it off and sent it into our forward 50 - the game was lost if he didn't.

I didn't think it was a shank at all, It wasn't dead set straight, but few kicks are. Being too hard on himself.
I assumed the shank referred to wood's kick rather than lachie's.

Turns out I should have read the article.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I tipped North to beat Cats and Essendon to beat Sydney. Collingwood to bounce back and beat Port too. Hawthorn the only other top 4 team to win, against the Dogs.
Fingers crossed.

Fair enough ,but like I said opinions on footy are all over the place but thats what makes this place so interesting.

I thought he had an inferior version of Fyfe's game, pretty prominent in the first quarter from what I saw, quiet in the next two and then got active again in the last culminating in the winning goal. I thought Lachie was only serviceable last night as well but he gets a shitload of brownie points for being in the right place at the right time and keeping a cool head. His composure really stands out for such a young player.

I love Lachie. Thought he had a quiet 3 quarters but really turned it up in the 4th. And if that kick was a shank then he must've been aiming for the point posts cos it looked pretty straight to me.
Yep he was missing in the first three qtrs from what i saw but it's harder to get a feel for that at the ground and I haven't watched the replay. Played well in the last as did a number of players.

I know that there a plaudits out for Fyfe's last qtr performance but it concerns me that there were so many players not delivering in the first few qrts. When thinking of the whole team i'm still not sure if I want to applaud a get out of jail last quarter performance or deride the really poor efforts of qtr 3 in particular.
I guess I am still looking for the Freo team that does not take its foot off the throat all the time but learns to demoralise and truly bury opponents. I still believe that we should not have lost to either Norf or the Saints this year and I still find is galling to be a lucky 4th (thank the Lord that port choked again) when we had every realistic chance of being 1 or 2.

Sydney and Hawthorn can also legitimately claim to have lost games that they should have won this year. I think we are where we deserve to be, maybe even a fraction higher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back