Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly how the finals formula worked back then -

Whether you think that system was more equitable not is a fine enough discussion, but don't make it seem like Adelaide got any favours in that regard...

Check out Essendon's 1996 finals campaign for a real travesty

Adelaide finished 3rd in 2002 and didn't get one home final...
No it wasn't how it worked, there was a big push from the big knobs in SA footy and the AFL ceded to their wishes.
The only rule that was in place at that time, which went against you in 2002, was the games guaranteed at the MCG.

That is exactly what he said, nothing to do with not liking it
I admit that I partially paraphrased KT in my rage of typing...

I just don't believe that wearing the white would be 'rolling over'. It's one of our strips, wear it, and be rewarded with an extra Friday night game next year (on top of whatever we might have been slated for).

So, I just heard the replay of Lynda the 'passionate' Port Adelaide supporter's call to FiveAA about this decision.

academy-awards-actress.jpg

Chameleon Lynda Loades strikes again :eek:

What a dumb woman that rang 5AA and cried because we are not wearing the AFL home jumper and that the game is going to look like Collingwood is playing. What a dumb idiot. It is still a bloody Port Adelaide jumper we are wearing, and a jumper that has been the most feared in the history of the club. Would we have made up another jumper if we weren't forced to by the AFL when we entered their VFL comp? NO. Would we have still been wearing black and white if Collingwood did not care about having another black and white club in the AFL? YES OF COURSE WE'D BE WEARING IT. Yes it is wrong what has happened this week but this anti-PB jumper from our own supporters is stupid.

Scott Hodges is reported to once again be at odds with the club, blaming them for the demise of the juniors. Perhaps this has caused him to revert back to being a Collingwood supporter and again not recognising the Power as Port Adelaide. I can't imagine any other reason why he was on radio and opposed Port's decision to wear the black and white jumper. He should be one of many legends at least not at odds against it.

Hell Eddie, what more spin do you wish to think up. The Port board is opposed to Koch's decision? Fair dinkum.

What a dumb woman that rang 5AA and cried because we are not wearing the AFL home jumper and that the game is going to look like Collingwood is playing. What a dumb idiot. It is still a bloody Port Adelaide jumper we are wearing, and a jumper that has been the most feared in the history of the club. Would we have made up another jumper if we weren't forced to by the AFL when we entered their VFL comp? NO. Would we have still been wearing black and white if Collingwood did not care about having another black and white club in the AFL? YES OF COURSE WE'D BE WEARING IT. Yes it is wrong what has happened this week but this anti-PB jumper from our own supporters is stupid.

Scott Hodges is reported to once again be at odds with the club, blaming them for the demise of the juniors. Perhaps this has caused him to revert back to being a Collingwood supporter and again not recognising the Power as Port Adelaide. I can't imagine any other reason why he was on radio and opposed Port's decision to wear the black and white jumper. He should be one of many legends at least not at odds against it.

Hahaha, don't worry, they get fake callers all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Evans just said we wore our home strip, as the away side, in the 2007 GF. No we didn't that was an alternate strip we wore.

Hahaha, don't worry, they get fake callers all the time.

The thought crossed my mind.

Now I listen to Mark Evans using the excuse that if Sydney lose and Port win, then Port will wear its home strip against Sydney. Sydney waer red and white, wouldn't it be stupid if Port wore its complete white strip against them?? These AFL guys know how to sell spin.

Mark Evans just said we wore our home strip, as the away side, in the 2007 GF. No we didn't that was an alternate strip we wore.
What difference does it make if there is no clash anyway. Stupid for a gf to wear an unnecessary change strip like Freo had to.

I love our home guernsey but if you offered me the chance to have the PB back as a full time guernsey i'd bite your hand off.

It's the best guernsey design going around and it is absolutely dripping with Port Adelaide heritage.

I know the majority would probably prefer we stay with our current set, which is amazing, but I love the PB guernsey so much.

This has nothing to do with Port wearing our prison bars and everything to do with Richmond wearing what they want. * the AFL.

That is interesting our SANFL team don't have it either, I think it's simply a cost and time cutting measure.
Yes, looks like it will be a quick badge change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back