Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, a hydrid BiB/PB wouldn't be too bad. The number panel is basically Port Adelaide's thing. The SBS, away SBS and thunderbolt-tripanel had it. Same as the white collar and cuffs was also a Port Adelaide thing as well. Yeah, other clubs had it as well (South Adelaide, West Torrens, St Kilda) but Port make it look good.

How come the Port Magpies don't have white collars and cuffs?
No one else has the white number panel.

i9iQG18.png

Been inspired

any chance you could do this with prison bars descending from the V?

no need to claim it as a disgrace to the prison bars anyone. i'm just curious to see how it looks.

i am a bit bemused though by all this talk of disgracing the PBs with any design that isn't completely identical, or by using some of its design elements with another guernsey.

i literally never heard anyone say that about the SBS guernsey, and that design was entirely based on the PBs. the yoke changed from black to teal, and the bars became lightning bolts. the problem with that jumper wasn't that it was an offensive compromise of the PBs - it was just that it looked rubbish.

i am a bit bemused though by all this talk of disgracing the PBs with any design that isn't completely identical, or by using some of its design elements with another guernsey.

i literally never heard anyone say that about the SBS guernsey, and that design was entirely based on the PBs. the yoke changed from black to teal, and the bars became lightning bolts. the problem with that jumper wasn't that it was an offensive compromise of the PBs - it was just that it looked rubbish.

My own opposition is based around the simple fact they all look bad. The white back and cuffs suit the PB's. It looks terrible on the current home jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be very happy with an inverted/teal/silver/whatever PB design as a clash, provided it was because the classic PB design was our home.

At least the club is making something from the final. I'm sure Wee Licker is looking for a sub-clause to get their greedy hands on some of it somehow.

Nek Minnit -> Bermuda Clause rolled out by SMA's Erlsen

..Clause 3.4.1 a - Any garment that is publicly viewed on the AO playing surface by more than 3 people is deemed the property of the AOSMA

My own opposition is based around the simple fact they all look bad. The white back and cuffs suit the PB's. It looks terrible on the current home jumper.

i agree, they generally look bad.

disagree on the number panel though (with black cuffs). it's about as 'port adelaide' as you can get without producing some PB mish-mash that probably looks terrible. i don't think it ruins the 'boldness' of the BiB black look either.

i wouldn't mind seeing the club trial the BiB with a white number panel, even if only at first as a third strip when wearing black away against the colourful/light teams. it's not something i'll lose any sleep over though.

2014-rd4-magpies-westies008.jpg

2014-rd4-magpies-westies018.jpg

2014-rd4-magpies-westies019.jpg

Auction is currently at $20,822. Highest bid is $2300 for Boak's and lowest $550 for O'Shea's. And I was worrying about getting together the readies to pay a $250.00 gas bill.

$550 for Sheezy! Bargain!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back