Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the rushed guernsey order cost us (because I believe we had to pay for them). $27,940 in bids now, I doubt that covers it.
Only 21 players' guernseys up for sale. Which of our many obsessives will say whose guernsey is not there? FWIW there will have been at least 2 of each guernsey made - I assume the other will be sold at club functions in the future. Hmmm my table lost its formatting.

Player Bids Top bid
Boak #01 40 $3,600
Broadbent #05 21 $900
Monfries #06 18 $1,300
Ebert #07 28 $1,850
Hartlett #08 25 $2,000
Gray #09 26 $1,900
Trengove #12 21 $1,200
O'Shea #13 15 $900
Wines #16 24 $1,500
Cornes #18 17 $1,150
White #19 21 $850
Wingard #20 30 $1,600
Polec #21 21 $900
Lobbe #23 19 $950
Carlile #27 14 $740
Schulz #28 15 $1,300
Pittard #29 16 $850
Neade #32 23 $1,500
Hombsch #36 10 $850
Westhoff #39 25 $1,200
Jonas #42 17 $900
I shouldn't have bought the replica from the club, I've done that a couple of times now, should save the dollars for the match worn. Having said that I have a box full that I haven't framed yet already.

Defenders not loved. Carlile, Jonas, Hombsch, Pittard added together less than Boak.
I'd be bidding on the Jona one if I had the denarii and didn't have to save for a grand final. They should have made it run past Saturday just in case peoples footy funds get loosened by non qualification.,

I think 5AA said it was only about $3000 or thereabouts for the 61 (from memory) that were made. About $50 a pop, sounds about right.
$3,000? For a rushed order worked on around the clock? It's clear Fiji's attempts to exclude their ethnic Indian population from business is working, if those guys were still involved we'd have paid (rightly) ten times that. So Boaky's guernsey alone will pay for this? Frock me!
BTW 61 guernseys. An odd number, not just literally.

$3,000? For a rushed order worked on around the clock? It's clear Fiji's attempts to exclude their ethnic Indian population from business is working, if those guys were still involved we'd have paid (rightly) ten times that. So Boaky's guernsey alone will pay for this? Frock me!

2 sets for the 22 + emergencies and enough bloods to go around was enough you'd reckon.

They're the numbers that stick in my head from what I heard last week. I'd assume 22+3 emergencies x 2 (one for each half) + 11 spares for torn/blood etc ...or maybe to meet the minimum order?

lol Tribey beat me to it

Edit: yep 61 http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...nds-ties-to-port/story-fnii5yv4-1227049555860

... + 11 spares for torn/blood etc ...or maybe to meet the minimum order? ...
I'd be interested in knowing who the 11 were they considered were so likely to have torn/bloodied jumpers they needed 3 each? :D

He said 5AA said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately was to rich for my blood. Only went to 1000 and got none. So a replica will have to do.
But this just arrived in the post this morning....
20140912_120041_zps52d60081.jpg
[/URL]

Lol. My Carlile 100th Game guernsey arrived loose in a satchel. I emailed the club like, "can I get a certificate of authenticity with that?" and the guy was "OMG SOZ FORGOT JEEPERS".

A few days later I received the equivalent of "IT IS REAL xoxox" on a cocktail napkin.

So North Melbourne didn't have to change its colors when it entered the league but Port Adelaide did? Prison Bars look more different to Collingwood than North Melbourne's blue stripes and Geelongs blue stripes.

Anyway...

What was the total from the auction because most people hold their bets till the end? I saw Boak's at over $4000 towards the end.

Theoretically they were North - West Melbourne at the time because if I recall correctly they merged with West Melbourne just to get in (Maybe that was before then, probably when they tried to join in 1908)

So by Crow logic, we can't claim our 2004 flag?
No, we can have that one as long as we have no association with the PAFC pre 1996.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back