Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters
You think you have problems.
I try to wear something different to every Hawthorn final, and I've run out of clothes.

Damn you, Hawthorn, for forcing me to go back to Big W for new clothes again!

Funnily (sadly) enough I've worn the same attire to the past two grand finals and if we make it again won't be deviating course.

Slawk

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe I'm just a massive pansy but I thought it looked ok at the game last time we played West Coast (from the upper tier).

Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
There's probably been a fair few designs mocked up since you guys implemented the power ranger, but would you accept something like this. Done extremely quickly in paint, not exactly a stunning mockup but surely this would be a more acceptable clash.
Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif.png

Based on this pre-season jumper:
Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif

Obviously not the greatest shade of yellow, put that down to the MS paint, but Adelaide have had a yellow clash approved for 2016. Your clash doesn't have to be white, and one of the Hawks colours is one of the acceptable clash colours. Couldn't a predominantly yellow jumper work? If the 'V' is a sticking point, how about an all yellow jumper with two brown panels along the side, still meets clash criteria.

try ******* gold *******, but yes something like that would be better, a few guys on here have put up some good designs.

IF we lose on Friday, then win our Semi, win the prelim and face West Coast in the Grand Final...

Will we have to wear it again? Imagine if we won, I'd erase all the photos and evidence of us wearing that Sigfried and Roy outfit from history

If the AFL told us to wear a clash guernsey for the GF, I'd hope the club would not so politely tell them to GAGF!!

Wear the piddly fine and get it back in merchandise sales... :cool:

Christ. Are all hawthorn supporters this rabid about the colours? I can understand being proud but no need to be so angry

HoneyBadger35
Try training your entire football life in a particular colour and then spending split seconds wondering which is your team during the match. Those split seconds are the difference between a kick to a target and a kick under pressure. Their shouldn't BE any clashes.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Try training your entire football life in a particular colour and then spending split seconds wondering which is your team during the match. Those split seconds are the difference between a kick to a target and a kick under pressure. Their shouldn't BE any clashes.

Oh I meant the semantics of yellow vs gold. I like the passion you guys have for the jumper though. I don't actually think it will affect the way the players operate as they won in the same match-up last time over there. Who knows though? Good luck

That argument is clutching at straws a bit considering the lads are often shown training in navy blue and fluro green training bibs.

Christ. Are all hawthorn supporters this rabid about the colours? I can understand being proud but no need to be so angry

HoneyBadger35
I think most of the Vic clubs supporters are pretty rabid about their colours, I know Pies are just look at the efforts Eddie goes to.

There has been some overreaction about people not getting that its brown and gold not brown and yellow though, it's a distinction that can be easily lost on opposition supporters as it's not their club

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think most of the Vic clubs supporters are pretty rabid about their colours, I know Pies are just look at the efforts Eddie goes to.

There has been some overreaction about people not getting that its brown and gold not brown and yellow though, it's a distinction that can be easily lost on opposition supporters as it's not their club

Yeah I guess. I'd like to think the current Hawthorn shade is a 'gold' (obviously not a literal metallic gold like the power ranger guernsey is).

399400.jpg

There was definitely a time in the early 2000s when it was yellow too.

152112.jpg

image.jpg
The only thing I've never understood about the clash jumper is how it was apparently meant to symbolise the history of the club. To me it looks like the pattern you see on a swooping Hawk - which is why I like it. Being a fan of Hawks in general (birds of prey are awesome) I've always felt this is what the tie-in is. I also think it would maybe look better with brown shorts as the silver wouldn't be so dominant - I think that would breach the clash guidelines though.

That argument is clutching at straws a bit considering the lads are often shown training in navy blue and fluro green training bibs.
It's not the point. They play in Brown and Gold, week in week out and then suddenly have to look for another jumper. It's still wrong.
It would NOT however be wrong if the thing we normally wore actually clashed. Not to mention the fact that if the jumpers clashed in the first place how the hell did the afl let west coast choose those colours to begin with? Imagine a team joinging and saying we want to wear a black jumper with a red sash going in the opposite direction to the drug cheats.

I suppose it's hard to find jumper combos that don't clash though.

In roughly 2012, hawthorn conceded a free kick to north on our left half back flank, the ball was thrown to the recipient, and it didn't make it on the full, a 50 m penalty was awarded. Problem was the ball was thrown to him by a north melbourne team mate.

If our jumper can be confused with a north player, it can be confused with anyone.

It's a f..ken jumper. Get out of the 1920's. Even if we wore the normal strip, the s**t they served up tonight would have been the same.
Its a s**t ******* jumper. Whatever day, whenever we play in it. Nothing to do with tonight.

And even if we had of worn the normal strip, at least I would have known we were playing.

bigton08

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Played how they looked in the end. Like a joke.
i was generally embarrassed when i saw them walk out in it it was so ridiculous...and it never got any better as the night wore on...who the hell designed it needs to be sent to Syria on a one way ticket

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting one that I want to put past you guys for this week. Given previous match-ups, it's a 95% chance that Adelaide will be told to wear its shitty white clash kit on Friday night against the Hawthorn home (gold) jumper with brown shorts. For some ridiculous (likely AFL-imposed) reason, you guys wear your clash jumpers against each other when playing aware from home.

Now I can understand there may be a bit of a clash if you guys wore the gold jumper with brown shorts and the Crows wore their navy home jumper with white shorts. They are two 'lop-sided' kits. Light/dark vs light/dark.

But if the Hawks were to wear white shorts? Then Hawthorn can wear its home jumper and Adelaide can wear its home jumper too. Given the efforts in which the club (unfortunately unsuccessfully) pushed to not wear the power ranger jumper last week, would you agree with the Crows doing something similar this week?

Surely the below match-up would work just fine. #noclash

31698.jpg

133477.jpg

walhawk

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2007
Box Hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
Interesting one that I want to put past you guys for this week. Given previous match-ups, it's a 95% chance that Adelaide will be told to wear its shitty white clash kit on Friday night against the Hawthorn home (gold) jumper with brown shorts. For some ridiculous (likely AFL-imposed) reason, you guys wear your clash jumpers against each other when playing aware from home.

Now I can understand there may be a bit of a clash if you guys wore the gold jumper with brown shorts and the Crows wore their navy home jumper with white shorts. They are two 'lop-sided' kits. Light/dark vs light/dark.

But if the Hawks were to wear white shorts? Then Hawthorn can wear its home jumper and Adelaide can wear its home jumper too. Given the efforts in which the club (unfortunately unsuccessfully) pushed to not wear the power ranger jumper last week, would you agree with the Crows doing something similar this week?

Surely the below match-up would work just fine. #noclash

31698.jpg

133477.jpg
There is no clash regarless of shorts.
https://www.facebook.com/nopowerrangers

Back