Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
That's midnight blue, thank you very much. It's exciting and sharp.

/membership department.

No 'midnight blue' for me, I want to see something like this again.

Hodgey and Clarko and prem cup 13 and 14.jpg

I'm certain we'll be wearing stripes in the GF should we beat Freo and we play West Coast. But I'd be interested to know if anyone knows for certain who is considered the "home" side in the event that is the match up...

Because if we have beaten Fremantle we have effectively taken the place of the highest seeded team. Or does the fact we have lost to West Coast in this finals series negate that? Or does who you beat not matter at all and simply by virtue of them starting finals seeded higher they are automatically going to be the "home" side?

Doesn't matter a big deal as the only thing it might change is whether we wear brown or white shorts.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm certain we'll be wearing stripes in the GF should we beat Freo and we play West Coast. But I'd be interested to know if anyone knows for certain who is considered the "home" side in the event that is the match up...

Because if we have beaten Fremantle we have effectively taken the place of the highest seeded team. Or does the fact we have lost to West Coast in this finals series negate that? Or does who you beat not matter at all and simply by virtue of them starting finals seeded higher they are automatically going to be the "home" side?

Doesn't matter a big deal as the only thing it might change is whether we wear brown or white shorts.

We havent worn white shorts in a final since the 2001 Preliminary Final against the Dankers

Chrisonater

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In the herald sun yesterday it said if West Coast make the grand final they are going to wear there away peril kit.
So if we do beat Freo and make it there should be no problems.

walhawk

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2007
Box Hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
In the herald sun yesterday it said if West Coast make the grand final they are going to wear there away peril kit.
So if we do beat Freo and make it there should be no problems.
That is bad news.
Yellow peril means we will not be able to wear our gold home jumper.
So all brown (which is fine) or Power Ranger it is.

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From the afl website....

HAWTHORN and North Melbourne have been cleared to wear their traditional jumpers in this week's preliminary finals.

It is a welcome move for the Hawks, who were directed to wear their divisive clash strip when they faced West Coast in the first qualifying final.

Both teams will wear white shorts in their matches at Domain Stadium against Fremantle and West Coast, who have won the right to wear their home jumpers.

Should the Hawks win through to the Grand Final and face West Coast, it is possible they would be forced to wear their clash jumper because the two clubs' home strips have a pronounced clash.

The Hawks requested to wear their traditional jumper with white shorts against West Coast in the qualifying final but were denied by the AFL.

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Clippers
From the afl website....
Should the Hawks win through to the Grand Final and face West Coast, it is possible they would be forced to wear their clash jumper because the two clubs' home strips have a pronounced clash.
That is just utter crap. Surely the AFL would want to avoid the possibility of the power ranger in a GF.

Even if West Coast weren't going to elect to wear their wings guernsey in the GF the AFL would still make them wear it to avoid us having to wear our clash strip. And it would have nothing to do with Vic bias or favouring the Hawks. It would squarely come down to maximising the marketability of that game. Particularly afterwards where they'll be using highlights of this GF (and others) to sell the sport for the next few years. Also consider that any massive pack marks, bumps or goals that might go down in history won't want to be tainted with that jumper. Not because it's arguably ugly but because it is not iconic.

Hawthorn's brown and gold stripes contrasting with West Coasts royal blue with gold wings is an iconic match up. It is good for business for the AFL, and to the victor of the game they'll certainly be able to sell more memorabilia.

Eagles will wear their blue with gold wings jumper in the GF (should they get there), as they did v Sydney in the 2005-06 GFs. Should we make it, we will be in our traditional strip (gold with brown stripes).

Talk about making a mountain out of molehill. But that's how we Hawk fans roll, it seems...

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even if West Coast weren't going to elect to wear their wings guernsey in the GF the AFL would still make them wear it to avoid us having to wear our clash strip. And it would have nothing to do with Vic bias or favouring the Hawks. It would squarely come down to maximising the marketability of that game. Particularly afterwards where they'll be using highlights of this GF (and others) to sell the sport for the next few years. Also consider that any massive pack marks, bumps or goals that might go down in history won't want to be tainted with that jumper. Not because it's arguably ugly but because it is not iconic.

Hawthorn's brown and gold stripes contrasting with West Coasts royal blue with gold wings is an iconic match up. It is good for business for the AFL, and to the victor of the game they'll certainly be able to sell more memorabilia.

Spot on. The author of that AFL article clearly had no idea about what WCE have worn in the past. Also I guarantee that the league would move heaven and earth to make sure that the Hawks don't play a GF in the power ranger (if they reach it), the AFL is well aware of all the negative press/ridicule that comes with it. They're only making these articles to get more clicks and interest in finals; a story about two teams both wearing their normal home guernseys in a given week has never been newsworthy.

Once again, someone is bringing way too much rational logic into a thread that has been dominated by hysterical petulence.

Once again, someone is bringing way too much rational logic into a thread that has been dominated by hysterical petulence.
Party poopers the lot of yas!!!

Party poopers the lot of yas!!!

When this monstrosity is what my NRL team's highest selling Jersey was last year, then you'll understand why I have zero issues with the clash guernsey.

image.jpg

That Hawthorn is a successful club that knows how to win is a good salve too! The Raiders are the cause of many of my grey hairs.

When this monstrosity is what my NRL team's highest selling Jersey was last year, then you'll understand why I have zero issues with the clash guernsey.

View attachment 176111

That Hawthorn is a successful club that knows how to win is a good salve too! The Raiders are the cause of many of my grey hairs.
With the Hawks in a golden era I don't have time for much else yet alone another team in a different sport. Particularly if they're not doing well too.

Back