Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When this monstrosity is what my NRL team's highest selling Jersey was last year, then you'll understand why I have zero issues with the clash guernsey.

View attachment 176111

That Hawthorn is a successful club that knows how to win is a good salve too! The Raiders are the cause of many of my grey hairs.

I wonder if the club will go back on its deal and change the clash jumper for next year.

It is honestly an abomination, and it is clear that the fans absolutely hate it.

I am still baffled that it managed to go through each stage of the process and get he final sign off. Not one person raised how terrible it looked.

With the Hawks in a golden era I don't have time for much else yet alone another team in a different sport. Particularly if they're not doing well too.

Born and bred in League territory - but a fully fledged convert now. However I grew up a Raiders fan, so like a narcotic addiction I am stuck with them for life. As my name suggests though - I have the Raiders to thank for adopting the Hawks as a 6 year old - so that was something. Outside that they've finished top 4 once in the last 20 years, the board are nepotistic incompetent hacks who answer to no-one, and we are so irrelevant I think most people forget we exist until it comes time to play us. They are pretty much the anti-Hawks. That's why I could not be more grateful to be a Hawks fan - and a blue polo shirt and trying something a bit bold with a clash jumper don't phase me.

Born and bred in League territory - but a fully fledged convert now. However I grew up a Raiders fan, so like a narcotic addiction I am stuck with them for life. As my name suggests though - I have the Raiders to thank for adopting the Hawks as a 6 year old - so that was something. Outside that they've finished top 4 once in the last 20 years, the board are nepotistic incompetent hacks who answer to no-one, and we are so irrelevant I think most people forget we exist until it comes time to play us. They are pretty much the anti-Hawks. That's why I could not be more grateful to be a Hawks fan - and a blue polo shirt and trying something a bit bold with a clash jumper don't phase me.
Sounds like Hawthorn are your narcotic addiction. Your escape from your otherwise depressing sporting existence.

12011371_1464220917220301_932489968123585757_n.jpg

If they're defining popular by sales, we need to know who's buying.

I'm going with drag queens and 8 year olds.

If they're defining popular by sales, we need to know who's buying.

I'm going with drag queens and 8 year olds.

Fox reported earlier in the year that merchandise sales this year have been up, driven by the clash guernsey and navy polos etc. Proving once more that marketing teams aren't always idiots and that forum dwellers aren't always experts.

Fox reported earlier in the year that merchandise sales this year have been up, driven by the clash guernsey and navy polos etc. Proving once more that marketing teams aren't always idiots and that forum dwellers aren't always experts.
Spin.
Sales are up because we went back to back.
Have heard club is reverting to brown next year.
And the Power Rangers will be gone soon enough.
Any brand expert could tell you that it was foolish to intrduce new gear in blue and silvery white in a year when out motto is MADE FROM BROWN AND GOLD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been confirmed for another year. Dare say it'll be worn 3 times - away games against GWS, West Coast and maybe Brisbane (I don't see a clash there - but this is the AFL we are talking about). Good news is that these are available online for all the whingers!

download (2).jpg

It has been confirmed for another year. Dare say it'll be worn 3 times - away games against GWS, West Coast and maybe Brisbane (I don't see a clash there - but this is the AFL we are talking about). Good news is that these are available online for all the whingers!

View attachment 197448
It's a crap jumper and doesn't represent Hawthorn in the slightest
Order me a couple of boxes thanks!

A case of the club not listening to its members, or using selective social media :(
This in an email I received from the club after the first West Coast final "We have a winning record of 2-1 in the clash strip in 2015, and the response by our fans on social media and through the club so far has been quite positive. "

A case of the club not listening to its members, or using selective social media :(
This in an email I received from the club after the first West Coast final "We have a winning record of 2-1 in the clash strip in 2015, and the response by our fans on social media and through the club so far has been quite positive. "

Yet they had to give assurances early in GF week that we would be playing in our traditional strip...

Wow - I wonder why Hawthorn FC doesn't come out and publicly sh!t all over the guernsey one of our major sponsors designed. Hmmmm. Honestly - I don't hate the thing but I also don't love it so I won't buy it. However, the sheer lack of understanding that the club just can't go out and publicly shame something Adidas have done is beyond me. Being competitive on the field starts with being competitive off the field.

Interesting to note that merchandise sales were actually down in 2015 compared to 2014 according to the annual report. Now that doesn't go into breakdowns of what merchandise did and didn't sell - so who knows if the power ranger outsold the cartoon hawk. However - money talks louder than online negativity so I dare say you'll see a new clash guernsey in 2017. I hope they open it up to a public vote just like the Suns did so people can accept the decision.

I don't know why the club doesn't get the fans more involved and let us vote as GCS has done.
I suggested to HFC_Official a few months back that the club run a comp next time where the fans can submit their own designs and then the members can vote on the one we'll use.

+ fan engagement
+ fan satisfaction with design
- cost of marketing team telling us what we like

I suggested to HFC_Official a few months back that the club run a comp next time where the fans can submit their own designs and then the members can vote on the one we'll use.

+ fan engagement
+ fan satisfaction with design
- cost of marketing team telling us what we like

+ More time for fans to whinge about football issues like telling the recruitment team that we know better than them. It would be good if the marketing team got a break.

Last edited:
Back