Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The club makes more money out of the clash guernsey than either of the others.

So, even though there are some vocal people who dislike it.......there are a lot of people who like it, and putting dough in the Clubs pockets....Dingley isn't going to fund itself
Are you telling me that they sell more clash jumpers than stripes?
Hard to believe.
Source?

They haven't sold more of this years clash. In fact they're struggling and are looking at serverly reducing the price sooner than they usually do for the end of season sales in the hope it will encourage supporters to buy before the other guernseys go on sale.

Clash would need to drop to at least $20 before I would consider picking one up. And even then it would only stay hidden away in my closet next to the camo-Hawk jumper as a collectors item.

They haven't sold more of this years clash. In fact they're struggling and are looking at serverly reducing the price sooner than they usually do for the end of season sales in the hope it will encourage supporters to buy before the other guernseys go on sale.

If that's the case I'll be buying 1-2 more, I like the jumper as it looks really cool under certain lighting conditions. I agree that when it looks "brownish" it's very ugly, but when the gold shines (again under certain lighting conditions) it appeals to me.

I am guilty of buying the same item of clothing on more than one occasion especially when it comes to football clothing: (regular 13/14 home kit, regular 13/14 away kit x 3, home 2013 premiers logo, clash 2013 premiers logo plus others). I purchased another 2013 premiers home gold logo and away top earlier this year because they were cheap (and I figured those one's could double as "singlets" to sleep in over summer, instead of ruining my good one's).

If that's the case I'll be buying 1-2 more, I like the jumper as it looks really cool under certain lighting conditions. I agree that when it looks "brownish" it's very ugly, but when the gold shines (again under certain lighting conditions) it appeals to me.

I am guilty of buying the same item of clothing on more than one occasion especially when it comes to football clothing: (regular 13/14 home kit, regular 13/14 away kit x 3, home 2013 premiers logo, clash 2013 premiers logo plus others). I purchased another 2013 premiers home gold logo and away top earlier this year because they were cheap (and I figured those one's could double as "singlets" to sleep in over summer, instead of ruining my good one's).

I'm hoping that Father's Day brings one.
Or maybe one of the training shirts, I've dropped enough hints.

I have 2 brown polo shirts and 3 blue ones, I generally wear them to the gym - I often get a compliment or two (on the shirts, not me personally!)

We won't get approved with a predominately yellow clash as I think ouroy listed clash is with west coast and it's based on the yellow gold clash. How about we just bring back the brown with the gold v and HFC monogram.
WCE home jumper changing to wings from next season. Less gold. No clash with our home.
Also gold clash likely for them, meaning three gold clash jumpers, so if we already have a gold jumper, there is no need for white.

Hey guys, bit of discussion on our board about this topic, plus the possiblity of us having to wear our tablecloth against Freo in a final. Has anyone contact the Hawks and asked them, via twitter or something similar?? Would be a shame for you guys to have to wear a clash in a final, as it will be if we are made to.

Surley our navy tri panel, with navy shorts, vs your yellow with brown stripes, and white shorts would be enough of a contrast??

Hey guys, bit of discussion on our board about this topic, plus the possiblity of us having to wear our tablecloth against Freo in a final. Has anyone contact the Hawks and asked them, via twitter or something similar?? Would be a shame for you guys to have to wear a clash in a final, as it will be if we are made to.

Surley our navy tri panel, with navy shorts, vs your yellow with brown stripes, and white shorts would be enough of a contrast??
It wasn't worn during the last WCE/Haw encounter because of a clash, it was worn for marketing purposes. The away strip removes any clash between the two.

It wasn't worn during the last WCE/Haw encounter because of a clash, it was worn for marketing purposes. The away strip removes any clash between the two.

Seems the only reason any clubs bring out a clash guernsey, they are pointless, but that's not the point here, although it probably should be:D

Your home guernsey would work best against us, your away one, being brown based, would probably clash more with our navy, plus both have gold numbers, so that may be an issue.

was from a recent Stuart Fox interview. Don't have a link, but search and thee will find

Oh god, MrPremiership is speaking the truth and it's locked in for 2016 :eek:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...405635770?sv=4758e18d24d3cc39ff5316cc82660bf1

Although Ralphy doesn't know which is our home and which is our away guernsey so hopefully he misheard Stuart and there will be no more power ranger next year. ;)

Jon Ralph said:
Hawthorn will change the design of its indigenous jumper next year and actually sells more away jumpers — with more yellow than brown — than home jumpers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I am not sure which is the tablecloth jersey you speak of?
2. Do you know what is the exact contrasting colour to Gold? It's purple, and somehow, Freo had to wear their white jersey on GF day in 2013. So having said all that, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon can wear whatever they want whenever, the rest have to scramble around trying to make sense of it all.

2. Do you know what is the exact contrasting colour to Gold? It's purple, and somehow, Freo had to wear their white jersey on GF day in 2013. So having said all that, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon can wear whatever they want whenever, the rest have to scramble around trying to make sense of it all.
They chose to wear their white alternate strip from memory. They could've worn the purple.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 8.39.20 am.png

Clash would need to drop to at least $20 before I would consider picking one up. And even then it would only stay hidden away in my closet next to the camo-Hawk jumper as a collectors item.
I'd only pick one up if they gave them away, and then only to burn it.
I'm with the posters who feel we don't really clash with anyone. For aways, white numbers, shorts or whatever, but keep the brown & gold stripes.

Last edited:
They were instructed to wear white shorts, had permission to wear purple home jumper. Didn't want to mix and match, so they went with the all white.
Yep that sounds right. Still had the opportunity to wear their home jumper.

I'd be ok with Hawks wearing white shorts against a higher ranked finals opponent. Just don't see the point in wearing a clash jumper that is ugly where there is no real clash.

Also, just a thought that popped into my head. If Hawthorn beat West Coast in the QF but then faced them again in the GF would West Coast then be required to find a "non-clash" geurnsey because Hawthorn had taken the higher ranked team status by beating them or would the original rankings stay in place? I'm thinking the former is fairer.

Yep that sounds right. Still had the opportunity to wear their home jumper.

I'd be ok with Hawks wearing white shorts against a higher ranked finals opponent. Just don't see the point in wearing a clash jumper that is ugly where there is no real clash.

Also, just a thought that popped into my head. If Hawthorn beat West Coast in the QF but then faced them again in the GF would West Coast then be required to find a "non-clash" geurnsey because Hawthorn had taken the higher ranked team status by beating them or would the original rankings stay in place? I'm thinking the former is fairer.
WCE away jumper is the traditional royal blue with gold wings. Less gold, no clash.

We won't get approved with a predominately yellow clash as I think ouroy listed clash is with west coast and it's based on the yellow gold clash. How about we just bring back the brown with the gold v and HFC monogram.

Great idea :thumbsu: Port were allowed to wear their prison bars design during last years finals

So what's the word out of Hawks land? Do you guys know whether you'll be in the PR or your normal Stripes??
Nothing announced as of yet, evidence that we're discussing the matter with the AFL. WCE have every right to play hardball with the tri-panel.

Nothing announced as of yet, evidence that we're discussing the matter with the AFL. WCE have every right to play hardball with the tri-panel.

What sore of evidence?? Have the club come out and said something??

As far as us playing hard ball, the Richmond debacle last year (where we had to wear our clash guernsey in a home game because Richmond didn't have a suitable clash against us) shows we usually just do whatever the AFL tells us to. We also wore our tri panel with white shorts in the 2011 SF against Carlton so they could wear their full navy kit, which may actually be an ok solution if the AFL want's you guys in a more traditional guernsey.

Personally I reckon us in full navy, and you guys in your home jumper with white shorts would work, but who knows what idea's the AFL have in mind.

Back