weather proof scorecards for goal umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

CQTiger

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2008
Central Qld
AFL Club
Richmond
Just had a practice game and a freak storm blew over drowning everyone with torrential rain. All my clothing was saturated including the scorecards. I literally couldn't record the score as the pencil or pen was ripping the paper. I have been umpiring for 5 years with the occasional light shower which I could shield the card but this was worrying as we also need to record goal kickers.(thank god it was only a practice game) Anyone have any suggestions like somehow keeping it in a plastic bag or something.

I know when I went to Queensland in 2007 for the under 16s championships many of the other goal umpires from the other states didn't have score card holders. While they aren't water proof they do help and make it easier to write on them. However I do find after the game I have to re write the score card if it's been raining the whole game. Hope this helps.

2myxpj5.jpg

wow that looks fancy Rory. Ours are like a small book with 4 pages 1 page for each team the back for goal scorers and the front for the game details. So you keep having to flip it open. I clip it to a small 12x6 cm clip board which swelled up last weekend as it was made of chip board :rolleyes:. Can someone invent an electronic waterproof app

wow that looks fancy Rory. Ours are like a small book with 4 pages 1 page for each team the back for goal scorers and the front for the game details. So you keep having to flip it open. I clip it to a small 12x6 cm clip board which swelled up last weekend as it was made of chip board :rolleyes:. Can someone invent an electronic waterproof app

Generally in dry games I keep it flipped open in my pocket to save time and in case there's a quick turnover and the ball comes back to me before I have time to flip it back over and put it in my pocket. As you can probably tell from the picture that score card holder is a bit old and worn out but I've had it since day 1 and don't want to part ways with it :thumbsu:

I guess you could laminate 1 to reuse then thansfer the info onto another scorecard.

I've seen some umpires who have a wooden card with a powder-coated surface that you can write on with a pencil. Once the game is over, they transfer the scores onto an official card and they rub out the pencil marks.

I used a medium
Size business card holder and cut the pages as close to the spine of the folder as possible then carefully rivet a clip to the base. Suitable for both vertical and horizontal score cards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back