Dec 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anything we have to worry about?

- Ballas might get a week
- Pav's errant arm throw might get looked at
- Did Fyfe do anything?

A lot of niggle and cheap shots all over the ground, a lot in the second half when Geelong started playing the man, not the ball. MRP will be busy with this game

Pav no chance.

Balla will be looked at.

Smed is dead- 2 weeks min

Hopefully they look at Clark and his ridiculous and extended jumper punching episode...$'s only

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
I feel like if you land more jumper punches than you have touches in a game of footy, you should be automatically banned.

This - more for the good of the game than anything else.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Pav no chance.

Balla will be looked at.

Smed is dead- 2 weeks min

Hopefully they look at Clark and his ridiculous and extended jumper punching episode...$'s only

Clark - Should be a holding the man free kick straight away, that would stop it.

Applying the Purple rule, Smed will get a fine and Ballas will get 3-4.

Seppo - do you have a copy of the image which shows the new MRP rules, with special grading for Sydney and Freo? I can't find it and I think you posted it from memory.

Last edited:

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
The revamped MRP should see a few fines dished out, nothing more.

As opposed to last year, where you would of seen Ballantyne get 3 months incarceration.

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a look at the MRP chart.
Based on Ballas's reaction it's hard to grade that as intentional.
So for careless, if the impact is graded as low, $1000 fine. If medium, 1 week. Not sure if Ballas is considered having a bad record with the new system, but if so, 1 additional week.
Personally, it depends on Geelong's medical record (oh no). Also considering that Taylor stayed down for a while and had to get off the field, I think it'll be a medium.

Brace yourselves for 2 weeks folks.

purplerunsdeep

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a look at the MRP chart.
Based on Ballas's reaction it's hard to grade that as intentional.
So for careless, if the impact is graded as low, $1000 fine. If medium, 1 week. Not sure if Ballas is considered having a bad record with the new system, but if so, 1 additional week.
Personally, it depends on Geelong's medical record (oh no). Also considering that Taylor stayed down for a while and had to get off the field, I think it'll be a medium.

Brace yourselves for 2 weeks folks.

Maybe the knock to taylor's head made him angry - he came out with some cheap shots after that incident which should also be looked at

also should make any team doc report from geelong irrelevant - he played on and was fine

my thoughts it wasn't intentional - but possibly careless - kept his shoulder in and I don't think he left the ground

1 week maybe with bad record

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe the knock to taylor's head made him angry - he came out with some cheap shots after that incident which should also be looked at

also should make any team doc report from geelong irrelevant - he played on and was fine

my thoughts it wasn't intentional - but possibly careless - kept his shoulder in and I don't think he left the ground

1 week maybe with bad record

Assuming careless (not intentional)
Low impact - $1000 fine
Medium impact - 1 week + 1 week (bad record)

It's either a fine or 2 weeks, depending on how they judge the impact.

If it's graded intentional it'll be much worse.

tofushark

All Australian
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
my bad

A week's additional suspension for bad record, where players have been suspended for two matches in the previous 24 months.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
What time does the MRP sit? Interested to see how they interpret this and what happens with the new system. Will be happily shocked if Ballas doesn't sit out a couple.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
120651_eae4c7bf31d33b9b38fd7235eb1adfa0.png

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bet you he cops careless, medium & 2 weeks. If only Taylor got up instead of having a quick breather on the deck...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back