Weezer

Remove this Banner Ad

if they play El Scorcho at their blue album show in Melbourne I will die a happy man.

I really wish I'd had the money to change my flights and go to the pinkerton show as well.

can't wait!

Argh, I was going to try and avoid setlists! As long as I see three Pinkerton songs, I'll be happy. No way can I pay a hunge to see Pinkerton sitting down...

This would rule as the first set
I mean.. i would go for 20 but..

1.Trippin Down The Freeway
2.Troublemaker
3.Don't Let Go
4.Island In The Sun
5.Burndt Jamb
6.This is Such A Pity
7.Pork & Beans
8.El Scorcho
9.Across The Sea
10.Dreamin
11.Tragic Girl
12. Falling For You

This would rule as the first set
I mean.. i would go for 20 but..

1.Trippin Down The Freeway
2.Troublemaker
3.Don't Let Go
4.Island In The Sun
5.Burndt Jamb
6.This is Such A Pity
7.Pork & Beans
8.El Scorcho
9.Across The Sea
10.Dreamin
11.Tragic Girl
12. Falling For You
Memories
I Want You To
Pork and Beans
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
Perfect Situation
Burndt Jamb
Dope Nose
Don't Let Go
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
The Good Life
El Scorcho
Across The Sea
Jamie
You Gave Your Love to me Softly

They go backwards in chronological order. Softly deserves to close out the first set. Karl does a powerpoint between sets as well.

As long as I hear El Scorcho (given that I'll be hearing the entirety of the blue album) everything else is gravy.

The more pinkerton the better obvs

Memories
I Want You To
Pork and Beans
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
Perfect Situation
Burndt Jamb
Dope Nose
Don't Let Go
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
The Good Life
El Scorcho
Across The Sea
Jamie
You Gave Your Love to me Softly

They go backwards in chronological order. Softly deserves to close out the first set. Karl does a powerpoint between sets as well.

This would be amazing. I'm getting incredibly excited :D

Good concert. Blue Album went off and they played most of their other songs that I wanted. Only El Scorcho from Pinkerton, which was disappointing, but I guess they're saving those for tomorrow night.

Awesome night! Very happy to hear el scorcho as I am flying back to Adelaide before tomorrow night.

Biggest crowd reactions were to El Scorcho, Jonas and Say it ain't So.

Amazing.

It was so, so good. I've been a massive fan for ages. I think I was annoying a few people because, when they were tuning or Pat was counting in, I was yelling the song name... very cool to hear Burndt Jamb as well, never thought they'd bring out a lesser known like that.

But yeah, an insanely great show. Good atmosphere as well. I'm still shaking off my hangover, but it was still absolutely worth it.

It's a shame we'll never see them here again, but I don't know if they could top that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was awesome... just awesome... even from the back near the pot smokers... hehe

Say it Aint So was my pick of the night... followed closely by everything else...

As we were walking out, one pissed and pissed off dude was storming back in past the cityside bar as the penny had just dropped for him that they didnt play Keep Fishin... This was not a popular omission with this patron.

I was pretty drunk but I swore I heard the chords. "Burndt Jamb! It's Burndt Jamb!" No one else recognised it, but whatever. I think they only played half of it, but that doesn't matter when it's an instrumental.

I was pretty drunk but I swore I heard the chords. "Burndt Jamb! It's Burndt Jamb!" No one else recognised it, but whatever. I think they only played half of it, but that doesn't matter when it's an instrumental.

Correct. Didnt they just play it while rivers got back to the stage?

Which was great!

Really they should have played a longer show.

Highlight for me was lighting up my hash pipe, during hash pipe.

Yeh fantastic show;a little overwhelming even.

Hearing that first seering note in the final Only In Dreams solo - just bliss. The first half was good; I'm not a massive fan of any of their stuff after Pinkerton but it was enjoyable never-the-less. Hash Pipe was outstanding. Many of the others seeped into self-parody.

The whole Blue set was just superb. As mentioned, Only In Dreams was everything you'd expect and probably better. I went into a trance during the buildup. All the singles were perfect; Holiday and Surf Wax America were the other highlights. Buddy Holly was huge as expected.

Such an average venue though. Sound was pretty good, but an atrocious set up for a rock concert. Was on the barrier in Gen Admission and felt miles away.

Anyone else notice the numbers of Caucasian males with Asian partners also? :p

Just got home from the Sydney show and it was great. Had lots of friends in different parts of the venue and no-one had a bad word. There are always songs you wish they would play (I was itching for Pink Triangle), but you can't really complain.

Apparently Rivers really busted up his knee at the Pinkerton show in Melbourne and was limping VERY noticeably. They even made a joke about it early on between a couple of the songs. He couldn't put any weight on his right leg and shuffled around the stage awkwardly like an old drunk. It didn't take away from the show at all though.

Setlist:
  1. Memories
  2. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
  3. Pork And Beans
  4. Troublemaker
  5. Perfect Situation
  6. Beverly Hills
  7. Dope Nose
  8. Hash Pipe
  9. El Scorcho
  10. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly

11. My Name Is Jonas
  12. No One Else
  13. The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
  14. Buddy Holly
  15. Undone - The Sweater Song
  16. Surf Wax America
  17. Say It Ain't So
  18. In The Garage
  19. Holiday
  20. Only In Dreams

21. Island In The Sun

Thats the exact Melbourne blue album show setlist apart from island in the Sun was played in the greatest hits set and they didn't play you gave your love to me softly.

Did anyone go to the pinkerton show in Melbourne? What was that setlist like and was it obvious when rivers hurt his knee?

Thats the exact Melbourne blue album show setlist apart from island in the Sun was played in the greatest hits set and they didn't play you gave your love to me softly.

Did anyone go to the pinkerton show in Melbourne? What was that setlist like and was it obvious when rivers hurt his knee?

I didn't go to the Pinkerton show, but the setlist was amazing!.

1. Memories
2. Put Me Back Together
3. The Angel and the One (First time ever played live)
4. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
5. We Are All On Drugs
6. Keep Fishin'
7. Don't Let Go
8. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
9. Susanne
10. Buddy Holly

Pinkerton Set

1. Tired Of Sex
2. Getchoo
3. No Other One
4. Why Bother?
5. Across The Sea
6. The Good Life
7. El Scorcho
8. Pink Triangle
9. Falling For You
10. Butterfly

Encore

Island In The Sun

Oh man

They barely crossed over at all with the Blue album show. I'm slightly more annoyed than I was yesterday that I couldn't afford to stay in Melbourne for the 2nd gig.

That said i'm just happy I got to finally see them, and I really hope they come back before too long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back