Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

New challenge.

100 squats a day, for 100 days, starting with the bar and increasing 1kg a day.

Day 8 thus far. Feel good.

You wont feel good when you get up to 100x 120 kegs!

Where can I buy 1kg barbell weights? I have 2.5kg plates as the lowest weight and it's halting my progress, as I'd have to add 2x 2.5kg rather than 2x 1kg if I want to increase weight on that last set

you can get .25kg and .5 kg weights if you really wanted

Yeah its going to suck. 10 sets of 10 at the moment is pretty easy to be honest. At some point I'll start having to add more sets and less reps, then a split morning night and possibly by the end 3 sessions a day.

Even after 8 days I've noticed my squat pattern has improved, my foundation is heaps more solid, less but wiggle and I really noticed my quads this morning on the loo. Good times. I'll keep you posted.

I am actually tempted to do 50 squats a day for 50 days starting with the Bar and 50kg of plates on it(70kg). Be good experience for nailing good form on that exercise.

I am actually tempted to do 50 squats a day for 50 days starting with the Bar and 50kg of plates on it(70kg). Be good experience for nailing good form on that exercise.

That is the exact reason I took up the challenge. My squat pattern is poo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah its going to suck. 10 sets of 10 at the moment is pretty easy to be honest. At some point I'll start having to add more sets and less reps, then a split morning night and possibly by the end 3 sessions a day.

Even after 8 days I've noticed my squat pattern has improved, my foundation is heaps more solid, less but wiggle and I really noticed my quads this morning on the loo. Good times. I'll keep you posted.

That Dan Jones guy loves those high rep/lower weights to get over plateaus and to bulk up

You're squatting 28kg's and noticing your quads? :confused:

so today is day 16, that means in the last 2 weeks and 2 days i've done 1600 squats, with an average weight of 27.5kgs. Might not seem like much, but believe me it works. Depending on if its a heavy lifting day or an 'off day' depends on how quickly I get through it. 15 - 20 minutes on an off day - an hour littered through a normal workout.

I worked out in the first 50 days I'll have squatted 220 tons not including bodyweight.
If I can do the second 50 days, ill squat 935 tons. Again not including bodyweight.

so today is day 16, that means in the last 2 weeks and 2 days i've done 1600 squats, with an average weight of 27.5kgs. Might not seem like much, but believe me it works. Depending on if its a heavy lifting day or an 'off day' depends on how quickly I get through it. 15 - 20 minutes on an off day - an hour littered through a normal workout.

I worked out in the first 50 days I'll have squatted 220 tons not including bodyweight.
If I can do the second 50 days, ill squat 935 tons. Again not including bodyweight.
Might get definition but they'll stay small

Remove this Banner Ad

Back