Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

is it programmed properly is it like insanity/crossfit random bullshit?
Lol, no crossfit. Imdid plyo arms and legs yesterday. Will do repeat sprints in between, boxing, skipping etc. No crazy ass amrap deadlifting or anything like that. I watched an interesting show on abc last night on catalyst on hit training

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

and what did it say? it's more efficient then slow running as always?

I'm not sure what you're doing it for but if you're not already fast and you're not already aerobicially fit then interval training isn't the best option no matter how good they say it is

and what did it say? it's more efficient then slow running as always?

I'm not sure what you're doing it for but if you're not already fast and you're not already aerobicially fit then interval training isn't the best option no matter how good they say it is
Said it uses more muscles, and you can do less at higher intensity much less and improve results greatly. Im doing it to improve heart ate, and overall fitness overall strength etc.

1 - training fast or slow uses pretty much the same muscles thus same amount of muscles, they just work harder

2 - improve hart rate how exactly?

3 - overall fitness is a horrible term, it doesn't really mean anything like someone saying they 'wanna get fit'

Ok. The show catalyst, look it up on abc online. They said hit uses muscles not used in lit.

I have low lung capacity, 450ml on a good day. I wanna improve that, vo2 max. Ill speak with the term endurance. Im starting a bit of bjj, so i want some strength and endurance for the aforementioned.

i heard of it when it was on but you've look at who they're directing this at - people who do nothing - and that's probably who they tested as well to get the result they were looking for

vo2max is a bit outdated these days too

are you after endurance which is slow pace for a long time or something else?

i heard of it when it was on but you've look at who they're directing this at - people who do nothing - and that's probably who they tested as well to get the result they were looking for

vo2max is a bit outdated these days too

are you after endurance which is slow pace for a long time or something else?
I want or need to last high intensity wrestling for at least 7 minutes

Ok. The show catalyst, look it up on abc online. They said hit uses muscles not used in lit.

I have low lung capacity, 450ml on a good day. I wanna improve that, vo2 max. Ill speak with the term endurance. Im starting a bit of bjj, so i want some strength and endurance for the aforementioned.

I watched that show, I agree if your time poor probably wouldn't be a bad thing but I like to do both resistance training(weights) mixed with some aerobic work maybe xtrainer or rowing machine and for recovery session swimming or walk, but doing that you tend to do 10 to 12 sessions a week

I want or need to last high intensity wrestling for at least 7 minutes

but that entire 7mins won't be high intensity, parts of it will be when your trying to take down and knock your opponent out so therefore you need to exert power (strength + speed) and then you need to recover as quick as you can so can exert that same power again and again

so you need to get powerful and improve your ability to recover between power bouts

hiit or hit does not train this at all

see what i'm sayin?

I watched that show, I agree if your time poor probably wouldn't be a bad thing but I like to do both resistance training(weights) mixed with some aerobic work maybe xtrainer or rowing machine and for recovery session swimming or walk, but doing that you tend to do 10 to 12 sessions a week

no one is time poor, they're priority poor and as soon as you suggest something efficient (which i'm all for) then they will take that route every time but efficient and optimal aren't the same thing

thanks for all the responses above will give each suggestion a go and see what works, starting with trying go a bit heavier and lowering reps coz that sounds easiest. first session in a couple of hours time

hey guys
doing a 3 day split, chest tris, back bis and legs shoulders
been doing this for around 2 months and have progressed on everything but bicep curls, any other bicep exercise i have increased on but i seriously cant increase on curls. Doesn't matter if i do them first or last i just cant go up in weight at all, any tips please

Besides actual compound exercises bb curls is one of the "smallest" exercise in regards to progression length so you'll need to get them bi's stronger with bigger exercises like chin ups and rows and then you might see some further improvements

But then again why would how much you curl matter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the one where John Hawley (the researcher) gets the lady to do some hill sprints and she pings a hammy not once, but twice? If so, although not relevant I thought it was hilarious.

Besides actual compound exercises bb curls is one of the "smallest" exercise in regards to progression length so you'll need to get them bi's stronger with bigger exercises like chin ups and rows and then you might see some further improvements

But then again why would how much you curl matter?

Sorry, not that i find it matters to much, was just interested because i am progressing steadily on every other exercise but that

Read the article today aswell. Have never given them a go but do like Thibideaus stuff so might give them a go.

Although T Nation is publishing daily articles at the moment so they are pretty much just writing articles on anything.

I only read the ones by guest writers.... Mainly guys with PhDs or world records. Thib knows his stuff but it's getting to be dribble more or less with the amount he writes.

I only read the ones by guest writers.... Mainly guys with PhDs or world records. Thib knows his stuff but it's getting to be dribble more or less with the amount he writes.
Yeah I echo your thoughts, theres alot of authors that I wont even bother reading, and a fair few of the better guys (Cressey, Gentilcore, DeFranco) very rarely post there anymore.

Yeah I feel as though Thib is just getting to the stage where he's doing a write up on any exercise hes ever used.

Yeah I echo your thoughts, theres alot of authors that I wont even bother reading, and a fair few of the better guys (Cressey, Gentilcore, DeFranco) very rarely post there anymore.

Yeah I feel as though Thib is just getting to the stage where he's doing a write up on any exercise hes ever used.

John Rusins stuff I generally like, as well as Joel seedman. They are more concerned with building a useful human rather than just building a human that can do a heavy deadlift..

but you're indirectly training tri's and delts each session so how do they recover and thus get those strength/mass gains?
I've been mulling on this for quite some time.

I still think my split is best for strength growth as it allows maximum output on every muscle group but it definitely would taper hypertrophy potential.

My split is
Back and Tris
Pecs and Bis
Legs and Delts

I've had a 3 month lay off form the gym but now that I'm back into it I'm going to get my strength up using my split but then cross over to a more hypertrophy friendly split

Backs and Bis
Pecs and Tris
Legs and Delts

I've been mulling on this for quite some time.

I still think my split is best for strength growth as it allows maximum output on every muscle group but it definitely would taper hypertrophy potential.

My split is
Back and Tris
Pecs and Bis
Legs and Delts

I've had a 3 month lay off form the gym but now that I'm back into it I'm going to get my strength up using my split but then cross over to a more hypertrophy friendly split

Backs and Bis
Pecs and Tris
Legs and Delts

the first part, for strength no chance with the shoulder girdle/pressing muscles getting no recovery at all basically

if you're looking for actual strength then you won't even have bodypart days, you'd have movement days

for hypertrophy then you might slowly morph from the strength template to a bodybuilding type one

movement split - push-pull split - bodypart split so you gradually increase vol per bodypart per session

Remove this Banner Ad

Back