Welcome Darren Glass and Jarrod Cotton

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
When I logged onto the main page, they have that 'trending likes' table to the right - I saw the 'Welcome Darren Glass and Jarrod Cotton' thread was getting likes, and I thought "Damn, I was hoping that Adelaide might get him as a coach"

Click on Adelaide board - !!! Huzzah!!

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
2015 COACHING PANEL

Senior Coach;Phil Walsh

Assistant Coaches
Midfield;Scott Camporeale
Midfield Development;Ryan O'Keefe
Defence; Darren Milburn
Defence Development;Jarrod Cotton
Forward; David Teague
Rucks Coach;Matthew Clarke

Leadership Coach ; Darren Glass (Part time)
Interesting, wonder if we're looking at getting forward/ruck development coaches?

I get the feeling between Glass, Milburn and Talia we'll be quite confident to draft a young KPD with our first pick and develop them quickly. Great addition.

CrazyJoeDevola

All Australian
May 31, 2014
Köln
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, 1. FC Köln
2015 COACHING PANEL

Senior Coach;Phil Walsh

Assistant Coaches
Defence; Darren Milburn
Forward; David Teague

Goosebumps :)

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
2015 COACHING PANEL

Senior Coach;Phil Walsh

Assistant Coaches
Defence; Darren Milburn
Forward; David Teague

I think Glass is a good get, and I hope this is just the start of reaping the rewards of Walsh's long involvement in football. I like that instead of a mass clean out of assistant coaches, we appear to be adding additional supports. Always got the feeling that under the previous administration we were trying to cut costs and limit footy department spending eg. deciding not to pay for someone like Burgess. Being the bigger team in a two team state, we should be pushing the spending limits like the big clubs do to maximise our onfield performance.

Anyway, I'm hoping this won't be the last announcement. Would be great if we announced a Tredrea type for Forward Development.

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Awwww man..... Darren Glass is one of the nicest blokes in football make no mistake about it. He is from my home town and a few Fathers days ago at Mandurah Keys he spent about 15 minutes after his morning breaky with his family casually chatting to random people and signing autographs with the kids. Seriously he IS one of the nicest guys in footy (know fact) and we love him and respect him in the west. Good get for you guys, he will commit to your club 150% and will be a well rounded voice in your footy department. Good luck Glassy!

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pods for the forwards?

I think that's quite reasonable.

I like the idea of having a line coach and then a corresponding development coach, who in most cases would be a recently retired player starting off his coaching career. Gives us the opportunity to grab guys we think will make great coaches straight out of their playing career, without having to throw them in the deep end as a line coach straight away. Use it as an apprenticeship kind of role, especially since gameday structures and tactics are becoming increasingly complex and the role's the assistants play in supporting the Senior coach are becoming more important.

Back