Welcome Darren Glass and Jarrod Cotton

Remove this Banner Ad

520069-darren-glass.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Darren is doing his MBA full time next year so will commute to Adelaide.
Darren's wife Alicia is a lovely, lovely lady too. She is a primary school teacher and taught my elder daughter a good few years back in year 3. She is still my daughter's favourite teacher of all time (and there was no bias or preconception at play because we are not an Eagles household by any means).

They have a young family of course so no doubt have lots of competing commitments to balance out. But yeah you guys are right to be rapt with the appointment - good luck to you and to Darren and his family.

Get rid of Clarke? Sauce has thrived with Clarke as the ruck coach, not sure why'd you think he needs the chop..

It's funny in one sense: Walsh was quite complimentry and positive about retaining Campo and Clarke in their current coaching roles in an interview, citing good or above average performance indicators as reasons for their retention, yet many here are quite scaving on their individal coaching ability! Whom do we put our faith in, a respected coach - all be it as an assistant - or ?

Get rid of Clarke? Sauce has thrived with Clarke as the ruck coach, not sure why'd you think he needs the chop..
I agree. Clarke has been the focus of attacks on here with zero basis. We have a strong new leader and I'm pretty confident he will get and keep the right people around him.

Now we just need to get rid of Clarke and we're looking good.

Campo too, but the players seem to think he's good or something.
What would the players know?

I wish people would stop saying stupid blanket statements about Clarke and Campo with no reasoning or analysis other than an appeal to popularity.

I thought our ability to stop the opposition loose players outside of stoppages was appalling but there were other areas we were top notch. I don't know if the weak bits were Sando or Campo but I think considering the respect players have for Campo he must be a genuinely good leader and coach, and I think Phil can guide him in the right strategy for the midfield. I have no problem with Campo considering the actual evidence of internal respect and inside stoppage work stats. Does the midfield plan need some tweaking? Yes. Does that mean Campo is a s**t coach? No.

Clarke coached the best ruck in the competition. I don't know how else you want to judge him.

The only sobering thought about our coaching line up apart from fitness coach and Clarke still there (but only until Lade replaces him next year) is all posters badly wanted a ex forward player to become our forward coach but not only did we not get that in Teague but all his coaching background as a back coach .
Now we have to have faith in new coach but felt that aspect gone through to the keeper on this board.
But great to get Glass but the glass only half full .

What would the players know?

I wish people would stop saying stupid blanket statements about Clarke and Campo with no reasoning or analysis other than an appeal to popularity.

I thought our ability to stop the opposition loose players outside of stoppages was appalling but there were other areas we were top notch. I don't know if the weak bits were Sando or Campo but I think considering the respect players have for Campo he must be a genuinely good leader and coach, and I think Phil can guide him in the right strategy for the midfield. I have no problem with Campo considering the actual evidence of internal respect and inside stoppage work stats. Does the midfield plan need some tweaking? Yes. Does that mean Campo is a s**t coach? No.

Clarke coached the best ruck in the competition. I don't know how else you want to judge him.
What about the massive improvement in Maric after struggling here under Clarke.
Re Campo. we got beaten on the spread from centre square constantly and how many of our centre square possessions actually went out to open player of ours
Anyway has time to improve these under better team strure and game plan.

What about the massive improvement in Maric after struggling here under Clarke.

There needs to be some responsibility taken from the coach, good or bad, but there also needs to be an actual rational basis for thinking someone is a s**t coach.

All we have is a bunch of numb nuts declaring Clarke is s**t and when asked for evidence the silence is deafened only by bandwagoning and "what about x player" arguments. If he's going to blamed for poor performances he needs to be credited for good ones. They can't be mutually excluded to suit everyone's bias. If we can't judge him on the performance of our key ruck then what can we judge him on? If people aren't willing to judge Clarke on Jacob's performance then let Phil Walsh judge because you've got absolutely nothing else to base it on but thin air and bullshit.

Re Campo. we got beaten on the spread from centre square constantly and how many of our centre square possessions actually went out to open player of ours
Anyway has time to improve these under better team strure and game plan.

That's what I said and that's my point. There was obviously weaknesses in the plan but he did execute parts of the stoppage work very well, we were 1st in average centre clearances in 2014. From Phil's conferences he was impressed with some of the work but it some needs rectifying and that's obviously what we're doing on the outside.

The midfield players have huge respect Campo so he's obviously a good leader and coach and I don't think we need to throw him out to fix our outside work now that we have what the industry calls a tactical genius as head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back