Welcome Draft Pick #11 - Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Adelaide FC Wayne.

I just hope he's better than the last Milera we had. ;)
Where are these quotes from Eddie found ?

It's from the Eddie Betts radio interview with rowey and bicks. If you go to the 5aa website you'll be able to replay the interview, Eddie sounded very very excited about Milera, think Homer when given can of Duff.

I really think Milera will be a top 5 player from that draft ... His improvement curve since this time last year is off the charts

His improvement has really surprised me over the pre season.
He looks a classy player and I love how he can run around guys with his agility, then he gives himself time to hit a tearget

Would be good for Charlie to get eddies number when he retires in 8 yrs time and Milera get maccas

I would expect in 8 years that Cameron and Milera would've made 23 and 30 their own already without the need to change numbers because someone retires.

Never like to put too higher expectation on a kid but geez how could you not be excited by this lad.

His agility makes weaving in and around traffic look effortless and some of the vision we saw of him cutting his way through the lines first class.

The most important thing we hear is his fitness and workload is up to scratch so there should be no reason he does not play early.

Never like to put too higher expectation on a kid but geez how could you not be excited by this lad.

His agility makes weaving in and around traffic look effortless and some of the vision we saw of him cutting his way through the lines first class.

The most important thing we hear is his fitness and workload is up to scratch so there should be no reason he does not play early.

I have no problems with giving the lad a game. I think he is a long term proposition with massive x factor. They must be given every opportunity to develop asap. Like Cameron. May have some downsides early on but they will disappear once his experience grows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be fooled by his brilliant form as a forward for centrals..... This is the outside midfielder we've been craving since 2010

He will be versatile however

Give him time
He was not always a forward for Centrals he played Half Back, Wing and Forward, in line with Roys coaching style. Thats why he will adapt to Pykes coaching methods quickly.

Don't be fooled by his brilliant form as a forward for centrals..... This is the outside midfielder we've been craving since 2010

Give him time

I agree.

Personally think we have two of these in Cameron and Milera.

Give him time
Interesting in hindsight now ........would we prefer Aish to Milera ? ......IMO Milera is the up-market luxury model of Aish

God forbid someone posts on this board without mentioning these two.
What's your problem - they are outside players who recruited because we have been putting up with sub-standard players.

Am I banned from discussing players on OUR list?

You really need to remove that chip on your shoulder!

I'm excited about all our new players - traded & drafted, along with the development of our youngsters - CC, Knight, Atkins, etc.

But you feel the need to carry on with your soap box which has got beyond boring - I got it the 1st time.

Lift your game PJ - as you are better than that!

What's your problem - they are outside players who recruited because we have been putting up with sub-standard players.

Am I banned from discussing players on OUR list?

You really need to remove that chip on your shoulder!

I'm excited about all our new players - traded & drafted, along with the development of our youngsters - CC, Knight, Atkins, etc.

But you feel the need to carry on with your soap box which has got beyond boring - I got it the 1st time.

Lift your game PJ - as you are better than that!
I think where you post about those players is more the issue...

Charlie's thread was just yesterday overrun by Otten discussion which then had to be moved.

I think where you post about those players is more the issue...

Charlie's thread was just yesterday overrun by Otten discussion which then had to be moved.
It was in response to a post discussing outside midfielders.

Hardly way off topic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back