Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, Mike. I think we agree.

I liked Rendell, but some of the things he said didn't actually inspire confidence. Ogilvy seems like someone that just eats, drinks and breaths footy.
i think ogilvie is more level headed and a harder worker, rendell has more hubris and may be more gifted at his job but doesn't do the extra yards in same way

It's taking the p1ss - all the pr0t fans saying it was a disgrace that we got him on the cheap etc etc

They'll get Charlie on the cheap when he discovers the Barossa. It will help with his sleep patterns.

A guy I know's son is a mate of Burtons and he reckons he's never going to be right after that broken leg.
Said he can't run properly still at this point, over a year later.

The medical wasn't great either. Will be very limited in his first 2 years. Doubtful to play on hard surfaces.

The medical wasn't great either. Will be very limited in his first 2 years. Doubtful to play on hard surfaces.
will be in strife if he aggravates further, eg if someone falls across his leg or he hyper-extends it could re flare v easily

it's really cruel so I hope he goes well but not as well as doedee

3-4 full timers these days and 8-12 weekend watchers

the full timers do insane hours including driving hours a weekend (esp in victoria) and watching multiple games on weekend, vision from all leagues during week , training, interviews, phone calls etc etc

it becomes an obsession more than a job

When talking about who he would take at pick 1 Ogilvie said "if you put the 5 of us in a room and took a poll, you would probably get 3 who say Weitering and 2 who say Schache". So there must be 5 full time.

How do you know his medical wasn't great? Because we didn't draft him??

I think most people are putting 2 & 2 together, before the draft, Ogilvie said they got a medical report on Friday that changed the order of their list of preferred players. When I heard it, I thought it meant we had received good report for him and will take him, we didn't so there's a good chance the medical report they got was for Burton and it wasn't favourable.

I think most people are putting 2 & 2 together, before the draft, Ogilvie said they got a medical report on Friday that changed the order of their list of preferred players. When I heard it, I thought it meant we had received good report for him and will take him, we didn't so there's a good chance the medical report they got was for Burton and it wasn't favourable.
Medical reports, along with interviews are another thing that phantom draft 'experts' don't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found this interest from Doedee in an article on afc.com

“Don Pyke called and also Jake Lever, Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane and Troy Menzel,”

I expect this from Walker and Sloane but good on Lever and Menzel.

Strangely im starting to expect it from Lever. Kid is a gun.

I found this interest from Doedee in an article on afc.com

“Don Pyke called and also Jake Lever, Taylor Walker, Rory Sloane and Troy Menzel,”

I expect this from Walker and Sloane but good on Lever and Menzel.
Good work from all of them but what would menzel tell him? You'll love it down there, they are just the best bunch of blokes!

Good work from all of them but what would menzel tell him? You'll love it down there, they are just the best bunch of blokes!
Could be something simple like "I'm new at the club too, but I'm from Adelaide, so if you're looking for someone to hang with and show you around just let me know."

Even then, you could sense Menzel's enthusiasm if he's calling/tweeting to both the new draftees. Sounds good to me even if he just got here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back