Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, yeah.

I'm happy to back in their judgment of Doedee over other options, and I understand why they wanted to take a risk that someone else was going to get to them (McKay, Himmelburg), but I though you could throw a blanket over everyone from 15 to 30, and in that case it would make sense to get two pieces instead of one.

I think the Bulldogs made the right trade, though I don't know about their choices.

Agree with this. Of course splitting one pick in to two means that we would had to have delisted another player or not have promoted Kelly (my preferred option). Possibly Doedee would have been available later in the 20s given the evenness of the top 30.

"IF" didn't work out though did it, what you can judge it on is what did happen.

Francis went at 5 and Milera 9, not even close to your "IF".........
We only know that in hindsight. If we downgraded our picks and we watched as Milera (for example) got taken at our original pick ....

So? No one cares what champion data says, write ring is a defender and Schsche a forward ofcourse it favours him
Just pointing out what the analysts are saying ........Do you think a KPF has more value and harder to find than a KPD ?

Think you'll find getting a good KPF is really really hard

And by holding #9 and #13 ......if we had got Francis at #9 and Milera at #13 ......would you have bemoaned trading #13 for 2 x 2nd picks

This board would have had the biggest meltdown in history

No ....having two first round picks was absolutely the right strategy .....and we chose the next best talent ON OUR LIST .....not phantom drafters lists

Don't back yourself on a 2 and a 7 (1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pointing out what the analysts are saying ........Do you think a KPF has more value and harder to find than a KPD ?

Think you'll find getting a good KPF is really really hard
. Yes kpf's more valuable than kpd's, so why did Carlton take weitering? It's because he was the better player and could be a future captain

As for Ogilvie his judge will be how the lad performs, unfortunately he and the Crows will be fully aware by making an odd ball decision over say Burton, it will be trialled through the media. They knew this before making this decision so no one should complain about pressure on the kid, the minute they picked him they knew the pressure would be placed upon him.

Yeah, and Burton is already killin' it at AFL level and has won multiple AA selections??

FFS give it a rest!

Obviously we're both getting smarter, because I agree with both of those points.

I don't really understand the Kelly upgrade.

If we'd downgraded that pick, we could have had two picks in the 20s and one rookie pick (and still had Kelly), instead of just 13 and two rookies.

Maybe they were getting player manager pressure to upgrade him, but I'm not sure he plays for us without injuries.

Or one of the picks could have been next year's draft replacing the 2nd we gave up for Curtly. I've backed the guys in with this pick, but I do wonder if we could have gotten him for a little less. I'm sure they floated the idea to a few clubs though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back