Toast Welcome Home SOS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not sure about the competition....

seven-dwarfs.jpg

Happy it seems there will be more extensive dialogue between the list manager (SOS), recruiting manager (Jolly Rodgers),Footy Ops manager (Andy McKay) and the coach then perhaps previous regimes at the club.

Everyone at that level of the club do appear to be on the same wavelength as to the club's recruiting requirements going towards, for the foreseeable future we won't be going out and selling the farm to get a Dangerfield type, which i think is a refreshing change of philosophy for the club.

Nothing more satisfying for me as a footy fan then to watch us develop our own young kids into champions, took a while, but Bryce Gibbs finally flourishing into an elite star was one of my highlights of season 2014.

SOS really does come across as a professional, hard worker who really knows his (footy) oats, this isn't a token job for the boys !! :)

Wouldn't that excite the Carlton faithful.....No Treloar....No Shiel....No Cameron.....but Buntine likes SOS.... :)

Pretty sure we've been down the medium sized defender route already. Not sure we'd hope to turn some, into something they're not, again.

Cameron, Treloar would demand more money then we currently have. Buntine is supposed to be a Luke Hodge/Bryce Gibbs utility from memory so he could be useful.

Good to have SOS back at the club.

I celebrated by pulling on my old woollen carlton jumper with #1 on the back and went to the barber and asked for a flat top.

Oh wow that brings back memories, I also had the long sleeve woollen jumper and a flat top. We didn't get to too many league games back then but I wore that jumper with so much pride. Can't for the life of me remember what number I had, but it may have been 7, my dad used to call me a little left foot centreman and I loved the dominator. (of course I loved you too SOS) ;)

Anyhoo Welcome back home SOS, this is the best news. It feels like the club is on the right path with all the changes in the last few years. I can feel something brewing and its not my morning coffee. :p Yaaaaaay

Welcome home SOS I'm so wrapped about this.I think what's important is the here&now guys&we have the best man for the job:).SOS has shown now he has the perfect experience&is deserved of his appointment.Despite his close ties to the Prez this is no way just a job for the boys at all clearly:).

So, I know that the question has already been asked regarding SOS's eldest son taking over Walker's number 1 jumper BUT........
what happens if the club decides that all 3 are good enough to play for the Mighty Blues?
I know that all of us supporters will be ov er the moon, but we will have no choice but to break tradition.
I think that Walker should relinquish the number 1 jumper. He is good but the Silvagnis are Carlton royalty.
Maybe the other 2 should be given numbers 2 and 3 respectively?
Thoughts?

So, I know that the question has already been asked regarding SOS's eldest son taking over Walker's number 1 jumper BUT........
what happens if the club decides that all 3 are good enough to play for the Mighty Blues?
I know that all of us supporters will be ov er the moon, but we will have no choice but to break tradition.
I think that Walker should relinquish the number 1 jumper. He is good but the Silvagnis are Carlton royalty.
Thoughts?
1, 11, 111

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?
I'm not a fan. There's nothing wrong with sons making new numbers their own, a la DylBucks. And Walker has worn 1 for ages, it's a bit much to expect him to relinquish it.
Also...you can't take 3 off our captain. Just no no no.

Not sure why people are getting all warm and fuzzy for the name and the past.
I'd reserve my judgement for the effectiveness he has in his new role. The two are bound in any way, shape of form.

Really? He may be the most beloved Blue of the modern era. Of course there are some warm and fuzzies associated with his return...not to mention the big bridge that needed to be built to get him here. That alone is a positive step for the club.

May not even get picked up, let alone having one of our favored players relinquish his jumper for traditions sake.
Agree about 1AW giving up the jumper only when he is finished with it.

Not sure why people are getting all warm and fuzzy for the name and the past.
I'd reserve my judgement for the effectiveness he has in his new role. The two are bound in any way, shape of form.
Memories create those warm an fuzzy responses. Remembering when we were winning.
I am also reserving my judgement on our other recruits this season until they have done something.

Of course but those recruits were deemed without prejudice, to have been the best players for the club.
Hope this appointment was executed along the same principle.

Can only go on what we are told HARKER, Trigg said that they canvased candidates and he was deemed best out of a field of 8.
Like our recruiters draft list, we are not likely to see who the others were or what order they were ranked.

Thoughts?
Maybe one of the Silvagni boys will eventually take up the number 1, but only when Walker retires and the number frees up. It's unreasonable to ask a player who has been at the club for a decade to just give up his number.
Also taking numbers 2 and 3 from one of our best young players and the skipper, that's just a terrible idea.
LOL:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back