Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love this clubs recruiting over the last few years.

Remember a few years ago when we considered slow and there was a theory that you could burn us on the outside? Enter Hill, Smith and now Hartung and clubs now worry about us burning them on the outside.

Remember a few years ago when our defensive unit was considered too small and we got torn apart by the "gorillas"? Enter Lake and now Frawley as his long term replacement.

Remember a few years ago when our ruck stocks were thin with Bailey essentially playing on one leg and us having to use Roughie in the ruck? Enter McEnvoy and Ceagler.

* our recruiting has been exceptional the last few years and it has filled the holes that have let us win back to back flags.

Last edited:

I hope the woody and halla step up in the next 2 years.

Woody will be straight in as a replacement for Sewell. We've gotta squeeze Ando back in as well as a fit Whitecross somewhere too across half back/forward. We're really set for inside mids.

Woody will be straight in as a replacement for Sewell. We've gotta squeeze Ando back in as well as a fit Whitecross somewhere too across half back/forward. We're really set for inside mids.
Set yes, but confirmed top quality? Not so sure.

I hope woody steps up. Looked elite in the vfl gf

I'm hoping Hallahan and Woodward take the Mitchell/Sewell type spots...next year is very importan

Or Dangerfield :)

I love Woody and Hallahan, and I reckon one of them has a good chance at replacing Sewell, but Mitchell is arguably the greatest midfielder we've ever had, and I'm just confident either of the two are THAT good. Hopefully they prove me wrong!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get Frawley on board. Wasn't great this year but his best is a lot better than what he showed, really much like Lake when we picked him up.

Lake, Frawley, Gibson is a pretty dominant defence to build a 3peat on.

With Anderson, Whitecross, Hallihan and Woodward to come in to side the Sicily and Hartung also being around the mark, we have some great depth.

Burgoyne and hodge Replacements give me nightmares

Dylan Hodge and ???? :)

I know what you're saying. You can have all the grunt and reliability in the world but you provide the quality that mitch hodge and burgoyne need just as much if not more. We need to find this magic ingredient sometime in the next 2years. I have a feeling Anderson has it but im not sure woodward and hallahan fit that description.

Last edited:
Thank you to your Footy club for respecting the passing of Robbie Flower and waiting till over the weekend to announce this

You got yourselves a fantastic 1 on 1 defender

Cheers mate, I hope you guys get pick 3 for him aswell. We got shafted with what we got for Buddy and I don't think it is fair if you guys cop the same. Will be good for you to have a couple of top picks without the expansion clubs getting everything.

Gotta love this clubs recruiting over the last few years.

Remember a few years ago when we considered slow and there was a theory that you could burn us on the outside? Enter Hill, Smith and now Hartung and clubs now worry about us burning them on the outside.

Remember a few years ago when our defensive unit was considered too small and we got torn apart by the "gorillas"? Enter Lake and now Frawley as his long term replacement.

Remember a few years ago when our ruck stocks were thin with Bailey essentially playing on one leg and us having to use Roughie in the ruck? Enter McEnvoy and Ceagler.

**** our recruiting has been exceptional the last few years and it has filled the holes that have let us win back to back flags.
Remember when we had Chris Pelchin handling our recruitment?

Enter Graham Wright :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back