Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

i find it interesting that we haven't announced Lake getting an extra year.

1. we've got Frawley so we don't need/want Lake
2. we aren't sure if we're going to get Frawley
3. we ain't getting Frawley and we are just playing the waiting game on Lake
4. The Club is probably organising a 3 way trade to get a gun KPD that no one has mentioned.

4. The Club is probably organising a 3 way trade to get a gun KPD that no one has mentioned.
5. we remain unsure if lake is worthy of a contract extension and there is no need to gift him an extension until he delivers the goods in sept (altho sat night makes it a little clearer)

Lake still has to decide if he wants to make that drive down from Caroline Springs (or wherever it is he lives) every day.

If we win the flag again, the trip from his house to Waverly should become a kind of pilgrimage. You can even skip the toll roads to save.

The trade period is in October so it really wasn't that bad a typo was it :)
Fair enough :)

So why do you say that? Does it mean that Hawthorn aren't interested in Frawley? Does this get Lake another year whilst Jaksch is still developing? What will Hawthorn need to give up trade wise and salary wise to get him?

Jaksch will be a Hawk in 2014.
and if that is the case it is a better outcome than picking up frawley. probably also means there is some players leaving or being traded out come year end, as opposed to the minimum 3 list changes.

This. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the whole board has NFI what the club is doing.

Please Jaksch. One year learning from Lake and we will have a like for like replacement. Bookmark it. ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if the club thinks it already has its Lake replacement on the list.

I'm quite bullish on the prospects of Kaiden Brand as an AFL-standard full back.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club thinks it already has its Lake replacement on the list.

I'm quite bullish on the prospects of Kaiden Brand as an AFL-standard full back.
I've been hoping for this since he was drafted - a lot to like about what I've seen on TV, but have never seen it in the flesh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Lake goes around again. Give Brian the home games and let Heatherly and Brand take the away matches.
So Lake will play against Melbourne at the MCG one week and despite being fit and in form he'll miss playing Sydney at the SCG the next? Won't happen lol

I'd love Jaksch but have heard that he will be at Carlton next year, they have offered considerably more than what we are prepared to.

So Lake will play against Melbourne at the MCG one week and despite being fit and in form he'll miss playing Sydney at the SCG the next? Won't happen lol
Geelong offered Chapman a limited game contract. He would not cop it. Lake came out on the weekend and said the break has really helped him. Would be plain dumb not to explore every avenue to squeeze a few more games/season from some of our vets.

Geelong offered Chapman a limited game contract. He would not cop it. Lake came out on the weekend and said the break has really helped him. Would be plain dumb not to explore every avenue to squeeze a few more games/season from some of our vets.
That's fine but if he's going to have limited games played then it's not going to be simply playing Melbourne based games and staying home when we travel. It would be more along the lines of he'll play whenever we play any top 8 side or a side with a monster forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back