Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a decent kpd to replace Lake as Spangher/Shoenmakers don't cut it.

Don't judge Frawley on this season he has been played out of position at a bottom side and has most likely known all season he is leaving.

Not based off just this season, but others when he was a defender. I'm just not seeing him as being the main defender back there. Again my view could be skewed because of the team he's been stuck in, but I'm not convinced on him

When the dees were reasonable Frawley was All Australian and one week would destroy gorillas and the next take out a gun small forward as he is super quick.

If we can get him somewhere near that fitness/form again it will go down as one of the greatest moves the club has made.

Trade Shoenmakers for an early second rounder. Allocate Schoey's money (400k?) to Frawley's contract ($700k). Recruit young defender who would be on low coin until Frawley's contract is over. Problem solved.

Cats have the deal about right.

500 per year over 5 years is a fair deal for player and club.
It's fair for club, but the player has to play for geelong.

Trade Shoenmakers for an early second rounder. Allocate Schoey's money (400k?) to Frawley's contract ($700k). Recruit young defender who would be on low coin until Frawley's contract is over. Problem solved.
Trade Suckling to GWS for Jakcsh
Recruit Frawley via FA

I thought Hawthorn swore off 5 year deals after what happened with Nick Holland
The $wan$ will probably offer him a ten year deal, sponsored by Gill McLachlan

Free agency moved the goal posts. You need big carrots to attract FA's.

The average age of a free agent is around 27 years.

If you give a 5 year contract to a player of that age, no matter how good he is, there are huge risks. The player is at an age where he will decline, and injuries will come. It's a pretty big risk.

Unless the club is the $wans.
;)

The average age of a free agent is around 27 years.

If you give a 5 year contract to a player of that age, no matter how good he is, there are huge risks. The player is at an age where he will decline, and injuries will come. It's a pretty big risk.

Unless the club is the $wans.
;)

Free agents are in a position to be able to auction themselves out for the best price. The marketplace will dictate the length and value of their contracts.

Free agents are in a position to be able to auction themselves out for the best price. The marketplace will dictate the length and value of their contracts.
And the Hawks won't get sucked into market place hysteria.

If others want to overpay, let them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Hawthorn swore off 5 year deals after what happened with Nick Holland
I believe Rioli signed an extension pre season that has him here until end of 2018. Given his hamstring situation that might not have been the best move either...

I believe Rioli signed an extension pre season that has him here until end of 2018. Given his hamstring situation that might not have been the best move either...
I get your point here..... perhaps the club needs to rethink his role to get best value for money out come.

It sounds like we are his preference according to Barrett.
Uncle Danny also wants him at the Hawks, but the contract will have to be closer to Geelongs offer than it currently is.
The positive is he wants to be part of a successful club/team.

Queue source comments.

To those people you can doubt all you like, you will have to wait and see.

My question is would you prefer people post this information or not?

Uncle Danny also wants him at the Hawks, but the contract will have to be closer to Geelongs offer than it currently is.

Queue source comments.

Always post ..... The AFL landscape can change in the blink of an eye leaving egg on your face , its happened to me on many occasions .
Wont stop me sharing what i can when i can ....always post .

Queue source comments.

Always post what you believe to be true
It's what Bigfooty is for, and many thanks

Trade Schoey for good young GWS mid and trade week is complete!
I'd keep Shoey myself
Young KPP who can play forward and back are rare, I know he's been disappointing this year, but he's coming off a knee reco

Suckling is one we can cover, who will have trade value

I'd keep Shoey myself
Young KPP who can play forward and back are rare, I know he's been disappointing this year, but he's coming off a knee reco

Suckling is one we can cover, who will have trade value
I'm no Schoey hater, I just think if we land both Frawley and Jaksch then Schoey might provide us with some trade value and help us land a young talented inside mid.

I'm no Schoey hater, I just think if we land both Frawley and Jaksch then Schoey might provide us with some trade value and help us land a young talented inside mid.
Yeah I get your strategy, but his versatility is what I like ( needs a kick up the bum sometimes)
Suckling has the trade value which won't hurt us IMHO

I think we are ok for inside mids, but a bit of outside run to compliment Hill, Smith and Hartung would be good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back