Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person who is not excited by the prospect of Frawley coming to Hawthorn? Why do we need him? Who does he replace? (sorry if this has been covered, hate trade period so don't usually take much notice).

Am I the only person who is not excited by the prospect of Frawley coming to Hawthorn? Why do we need him? Who does he replace? (sorry if this has been covered, hate trade period so don't usually take much notice).

Well, at the very least....He adds to our Key position & defensive depth, costs nothing by way of Draft picks or player swaps other than cap space, which we have because of Judas....And, finally, we deny both Geelong & Sydney from strengthening their squads into the bargain, so Win/Win!:thumbsu:

Takes Lakes spot in 2016 and when he misses during the year. Plays a year learning from the best.

If Lake does play on in 2016, same thing. Frawley can also go FWD and dominate

Takes Lakes spot in 2016 and when he misses during the year. Plays a year learning from the best.

If Lake does play on in 2016, same thing. Frawley can also go FWD and dominate

F8ck that......I don't want to see him anywhere near our forward line...he's a KP defender nothing more.

Lake plays on the stay at home. Frawley plays on the 2nd forward or the lead up forwards such as Riewoldt Shultz etc.
Both Lake and Frawley can play in the same backine . Frawley is a great get because he is vesatile enough to play on any type of forward. Hes quick strong agile and has a tank. Perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley is a more talented and versatile version of Spanghar. Goals conceded his other KPI's are way up there. He will be a very good acquisition for us now and in years to come.

He replaces Lake. Its just that for one maybe 2 years Lake is gonna hang around.

In terms of his output on-field, I'm happy.

In terms of his character, well, we'll see. I suppose he's dealt with some difficult years. I'm all about the romance of sticking through the hard times and coming out the other side though.

FRAWLEY is a SPUD!

the worst club in the afl in the last three years and the 'prize recruit' can't even get into the top 6!
please, waste your money

2012 - 9th
2013 - 7th
2014 - 8th

Thankyou, we would love some unsolicited advice from supporters of your most successful, brilliant trading, almighty recruiting, club. How's that angry old prick of a coach working out for you?

In terms of his output on-field, I'm happy.

In terms of his character, well, we'll see. I suppose he's dealt with some difficult years. I'm all about the romance of sticking through the hard times and coming out the other side though.

Yes, that's what I was wondering. As well as the football side of things, is he a Hawthorn type person? (Then again I wondered that about Lake too and he turned out OK).

Looks like Schoenmakers isnt on the table. Im not sure this is the best idea cos next season he will be out of contract and could have spent a full season at Box Hill. You would imagine his trade value would be a lot higher now. I would use him to try to secure a higher 1st round pick. But then again what would I know?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ry...of-james-frawley/story-fndv8os9-1227078200735
We wouldn't get much for him on trade right now either, best thing is to stick with him and see if he can show and improve that early 2013 form. If he loses all value so be it, the risk for reward is worth it even if we delist him in the end.

Looks like Schoenmakers isnt on the table. Im not sure this is the best idea cos next season he will be out of contract and could have spent a full season at Box Hill. You would imagine his trade value would be a lot higher now. I would use him to try to secure a higher 1st round pick. But then again what would I know?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ry...of-james-frawley/story-fndv8os9-1227078200735
Glad to see Schoey stay just for the mere fact that he knows where he stands with the arrival of Frawley and despite that still wants to stay and fight for his spot. That's guts. I hope he has a ripper pre season and finds a spot in the 22 on his own merit rather than an unfortunate run with injuries. Always been a believer that he could be a really good player for us while acknowledging that he doesn't always perform as well as he should. For me this kind of attitude boosts that confidence that he will make it with us. He certainly won't leave wondering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back