Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you would never criticise an eagles player would you pat

west_coast.png

Pat_Footy
Aug 1, 2015Hutchings lost the game for WCE. Such a spud.
One thing you can always rely from Pat is negativity - very rarely do I see a positive comment. A ray of sunshine;)

I wonder if we will play Lecra more in the forward pocket this year and play Jetta in Lecras old role where he started at the back of the square during ball ups.
Nic to tap over the contest to Jetta running off the back of the square...

That's something that we've been missing and makes him extra valuable because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you would never criticise an eagles player would you pat

west_coast.png

Pat_Footy
Aug 1, 2015Hutchings lost the game for WCE. Such a spud.

Please tell me which post you don't agree with? After re-reading them, they are all quite spot on and most have stood the test of time.

The coach was playing that card in his early days. He has proven to be a good coach but that doesn't change the fact he was worried about criticism and deflecting early days.

Nic to tap over the contest to Jetta running off the back of the square, Freo Bennell gives chase, Jetta puts on the afterburners, Bennell nowhere to be seen, Jetta slots one from 50...

That's something that we've been missing and makes him extra valuable because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made some jizworthy mods.

I wonder if we will play Lecra more in the forward pocket this year and play Jetta in Lecras old role where he started at the back of the square during ball ups.
This is exactly what I am thinking they will try out in the early rounds and maybe even in NAB - having Jetta running forward from behind the ball through centre bounces and stoppages. They tried it a bit with Duggan last season. Lining him up on the half back line but then him sprinting forward straight to the goal square on the centre bounce. The main difference is nobody can catch Jetta. Nat tapping to Shuey/Yeo/Redden/Pridda/Sheed/Duggan/Hutchings with Gaff and Masten on the wings and Jetta/Wellingham/Hurn coming from behind the ball and LeCras/Cripps coming up from the forward line. It gives plenty of outlet options when attacking but also sets us well to put immense pressure on the opposition if they take possession. And coming off the half back line means Jetta should be able to give himself space and more than likely create an extra man in attack - and he is fast enough to back track if there is a turnover. Sounds good in theory - looking forward to seeing if it works in practice.

Please tell me which post you don't agree with? After re-reading them, they are all quite spot on and most have stood the test of time.

The coach was playing that card in his early days. He has proven to be a good coach but that doesn't change the fact he was worried about criticism and deflecting early days.

Well personally i don't really think Mcinnes is a fatty, but that's just me.

Can't all be ripped, rich AND find time for the honeys Pat.

Well personally i don't really think Mcinnes is a fatty, but that's just me.

Can't all be ripped, rich AND find time for the honeys Pat.
McInness isnt fat he has the core of....something with a really strong core and just has some flubber cheeks for kisses from nanny.

Darling or Kennedy dont play hes more than ready to step in and step up

McInness isnt fat he has the core of....something with a really strong core and just has some flubber cheeks for kisses from nanny.

Darling or Kennedy dont play hes more than ready to step in and step up

What exactly are you basing that on? McInnes most memorable possession is a goal he kicked around the corner in his first pre-season game. McInnes is just lucky there has been a change of head coach and the recruiters have been picking midfielders in the drafts (mostly due to poor picks).

For AFL standards - he is a fatty. So is McGovern of course but McGovern has genuine talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the fact darling was out last year and he played some decent games especially considering he is raw at afl level and KPP are generally rubbish for their first 25 to 50 games. Based on the fact his wafl form was extremely solid prior to season ending injury last year

What exactly are you basing that on? McInnes most memorable possession is a goal he kicked around the corner in his first pre-season game. McInnes is just lucky there has been a change of head coach and the recruiters have been picking midfielders in the drafts (mostly due to poor picks).

For AFL standards - he is a fatty. So is McGovern of course but McGovern has genuine talent.

What? He kicked 6 goals from 7 games last year, contributing a fair bit in the absence of Darling.

Off the top of my head he kicked a very important set shot goal in the tassy match vs North, which i daresay was pretty important in a close game. He also kicked another one in that game as well.

22 touches, 7 grabs, 3 tackles and a goal against Gold coast earlier in the year, still not enough to get a pat on the back from Pat?

Must have been a pretty special Nab cup goal.

Anyone that has been on this board for a few months will realise how quickly the posters turn against someone. Almost every player on the list has been the victim at some stage.

It doesn't seem to matter if it is rational or not - Priddis won a brownlow in the year that he was the whipping boy.

Selwood was copping it last season, as was Naitanui 2 seasons ago.

BigFooty is hardly representative of the footballing community but it does give a snapshot and insight into the opinions of the average Homer Simpson supporter sitting on their couch watching the Eagles play on a Sunday afternoon.
Come on mate - its not like half the board have given up on darling after dropping a mark:$

lol

I'm with him on Hutchings tho, I don't mind the guy but I don't think he should be near a 22 going for a flag.

I'm with him on Hutchings tho, I don't mind the guy but I don't think he should be near a 22 going for a flag.
Agree with that. I remember thinking he'd fought relatively hard in the GF but on re-watching it I was disappointed. Mainly because he was in the action at key moments but wasn't able to execute (barring his goal). His disposal was generally quite bad and he got done holding the ball a couple of times.

Agree with that. I remember thinking he'd fought relatively hard in the GF but on re-watching it I was disappointed. Mainly because he was in the action at key moments but wasn't able to execute (barring his goal). His disposal was generally quite bad and he got done holding the ball a couple of times.
So he had a bad game in the GF

Had plenty of mates on that front

So he had a bad game in the GF

Had plenty of mates on that front
You're right, I'm being harsh singling him out in the GF because he did have plenty of mates.

I don't mind him as depth, ahead of the McGinnity types but I have him in the 25 - 30 bracket. But my view is he's a role player, therefore he can't afford to have poor games that are too far below his best. Guys like Lecras and Yeo who were quiet, or guys like Shuey and Darling who made a few bad mistakes in the GF are potential match winners - therefore when they have a bad game I tolerate it more because of the upside when they have a good game.

Maybe that's the wrong way to look at it.

In a perfect world a fit Selwood/Duggan would have probably relegated Hutchings from the 22 before the GF last year.

End of the day he is nothing more than depth, Redden should push him out of the line up (as long as he's fit!).

It was the prelim or qualifying where hutch was having a good run and the commentators were frothing over him. Though come finals they often talk s**t up as GOAT to make it seem special

Remove this Banner Ad

Back