Toast Welcome Luke Lowden and Kyle Cheney

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a very shitty trade week.

We gained nothing that helps us climb the ladder. Our best 22 is not improved. And all we have done is potentially hurt our chances at getting the best draftee possible.

Calm down mate.

To put this in perspective, this was our 2012 Prelim side:

B: L Thompson Rutten Doughty
HB: Smith Otten Reilly
C: Mackay S Thompson Vince
HF: Sloane Walker Petrenko
F: Callinan Tippett Porplyzia
FOLL: Jacobs Dangerfield van Berlo
I/C: Johncock Douglas Henderson Wright

Out of this 22 (which damn well nearly made a GF) is Rutten, Dogga, Vince, Pup, Nutta, Kurt, Porps and Stiffy. So 14 (or 64%) of these guys are still with us in 2015.

We definitely have the cattle to take us deep into September and now (hopefully) have some off field grunt to propel us upwards.

Lets see what the current playing squad can deliver under some new direction before we panic too much.

Sure, 2013 and 2014 were disappointing but we have no need to do a massive rebuild.

Calm down mate.

Out of this 22 (which damn well nearly made a GF) is Rutten, Dogga, Vince, Pup, Nutta, Kurt, Porps and Stiffy. So 14 (or 64%) of these guys are still with us in 2015.

We definitely have the cattle to take us deep into September and now (hopefully) have some off field grunt to propel us upwards.

Lets see what the current playing squad can deliver under some new direction before we panic too much.

Sure, 2013 and 2014 were disappointing but we have no need to do a massive rebuild.

What have 64% of the cattle been doing for 2 years? Also - don't get me started on 2012. We had a record of 3-13 against top 4 sides (something like that) over the past 3 years. Winning the 2012 would have been incredibly lucky (and awesome).

2012 is the outlier. Its the season where everything went right. It would be great if we have one of those in 2015 - i would love it. But the trend is that we have been s**t 4/5 years.

What have 64% of the cattle been doing for 2 years? Also - don't get me started on 2012. We had a record of 3-13 against top 4 sides (something like that) over the past 3 years. Winning the 2012 would have been incredibly lucky (and awesome).

2012 is the outlier. Its the season where everything went right. It would be great if we have one of those in 2015 - i would love it. But the trend is that we have been s**t 4/5 years.

Dunno...ask the sacked coach!

Calm down mate.

Tell me what teams are going to drop out of the 8 that made the 8 this year? Richmond and essendon are the only ones that could possibly drop out. Then you have a dog fight between West coast, Crows, Suns and Collingwood who will make it. Everyman and his dog in the pre seaon will have us outside the top 8. Only us crows fans will think we are a chance to make the 8. top 3 is set in stone (hawks, port and swans) the rest is up for grabs IMO

Don't forget Jake Kelly.
He is 189cm KPD who played 18 games in the Crows’ SANFL team and ranked #1 for marks and #2 for effective kicks. He often played on the oppositions’ best forward too. Finished equal 2nd with Riley Knight in the Crows’ SANFL B&F.
Kelly is not a KPD. He is an accountable half back flanker who has promise.

Tell me what teams are going to drop out of the 8 that made the 8 this year? Richmond and essendon are the only ones that could possibly drop out. Then you have a dog fight between West coast, Crows, Suns and Collingwood who will make it. Everyman and his dog in the pre seaon will have us outside the top 8. Only us crows fans will think we are a chance to make the 8. top 3 is set in stone (hawks, port and swans) the rest is up for grabs IMO

Give me a break please!

In 2014, we finish 10th only 1 game out of the 8 and only because the Tiges beat Sydney's 2nds in Round 22 to get into the 8.

We lose 6 games by less than 2 kicks of which we led in nearly all of them in the last quarter.

If we had won those we would have finished 17 - 5.

Why is the sky falling I continue to ask? We are not as bad as people here make us out to be.

Have faith in the off field changes and lets see what 2015 brings.

#glasshalffull

Give me a break please!

In 2014, we finish 10th only 1 game out of the 8 and only because the Tiges beat Sydney's 2nds in Round 22 to get into the 8.

We lose 6 games by less than 2 kicks of which we led in nearly all of them in the last quarter.

If we had won those we would have finished 17 - 5.

Why is the sky falling I continue to ask? We are not as bad as people here make us out to be.

Have faith in the off field changes and lets see what 2015 brings.

#glasshalffull
Maybe its a good thing we didnt win those close games hey? The board wouldnt have sacked sando if we made the 8

Maybe its a good thing we didnt win those close games hey? The board wouldnt have sacked sando if we made the 8

That's not my point.

What I am amazed with is the vast degree of negativity given the recent positive changes made by the club.

We are not as bad as what some so-called "experts" make us out to be.

I am quite excited about the recent off-field changes around the club and can't wait to see the boys perform on the field next year under new stewardship and coaching (and accountability).

We do not need a massive rebuild given the low average age of our players and I was not expecting to see that from Phil (as most of our problems for years have been driven from off-field incompetence and lack of leadership).

I don't think we are Top 4 material in 2015 (Hawks/Swans/Freo/Port) but I certainly do not think we are Bottom 4 given the cattle we have.

Our window is opening and I think the next 3 years will be exciting.

That's not my point.

What I am amazed with is the vast degree of negativity given the recent positive changes made by the club.

We are not as bad as what some so-called "experts" make us out to be.

I am quite excited about the recent off-field changes around the club and can't wait to see the boys perform on the field next year under new stewardship and coaching (and accountability).

We do not need a massive rebuild given the low average age of our players and I was not expecting to see that from Phil (as most of our problems for years have been driven from off-field incompetence and lack of leadership).

I don't think we are Top 4 material in 2015 (Hawks/Swans/Freo/Port) but I certainly do not think we are Bottom 4 given the cattle we have.

Our window is opening and I think the next 3 years will be exciting.

I have to agree with this.

We don't need a full Lindy rebuild, just a little rebuild.

We've done lots of good things. CEO gone, great new CEO, bad coach gone, highly regarded coach, new assistant coaches, did well in trade week (despite Damien Barrett saying our trading was an afterthought - mate, Beams and Ryder held up trading for everyone, and we got who we wanted, so * off).

We'll start to go places this year, gathering momentum, and by next trade period, we may be a minor destination club...

I heard Walsh say he followed Cheney - did not pick up Cheney knows Walsh????
I understood that Bailey who was great mates with Walsh gave him some insight into the character of Cheney. True that he may not know him but there is a strong link

I reckon the Kangaroos are in danger of missing out. Not a fan of their recruiting strategy this off-season and it's bang or bust in 2015. 2016 and onwards it looks a real danger for them.

I reckon the Kangaroos are in danger of missing out. Not a fan of their recruiting strategy this off-season and it's bang or bust in 2015. 2016 and onwards it looks a real danger for them.
How so?

They brought in 2 x experienced 1st 22 players to strengthen their chances in 2015.

By using FA to do that, they lost nothing long term as they retained 3 x picks in the top 40 - 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders all in tact. They lost Greenwood but he's 25 so that does not really harm their future.

They recruited for the now and for the future - I thought they killed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so?

They brought in 2 x experienced 1st 22 players to strengthen their chances in 2015.

By using FA to do that, they lost nothing long term as they retained 3 x picks in the top 40 - 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders all in tact. They lost Greenwood but he's 25 so that does not really harm their future.

They're relying on the same output from their 30+ brigade. Could go horribly wrong. Can bounce back if this premiership run fails though.

How so?

Do Higgins and Waite ever get on the park? It's arguable that Greenwood > those 2. I don't mind the gamble but not a top 8 lock. Geelong and even Port could miss if they cop a few injuries.

Collingwood won't be in finals contention next year. Rebuild mode me thinks.

I have to agree with this.

We don't need a full Lindy rebuild, just a little rebuild.

We've done lots of good things. CEO gone, great new CEO, bad coach gone, highly regarded coach, new assistant coaches, did well in trade week (despite Damien Barrett saying our trading was an afterthought - mate, Beams and Ryder held up trading for everyone, and we got who we wanted, so **** off).

We'll start to go places this year, gathering momentum, and by next trade period, we may be a minor destination club...
Don't know why I bother reading that "sliding doors" crap every week. Its always a pot shot at the crows and a total wankfest over port. Makes me sick.:thumbsdown:

Not a bad set traded from Hawthorn

1992 - Matthew Robran
1993 - Tony Hall
1995 - Darren Jarman
2014 - Luke Lowden & Kyle Cheney

And you guys are still pissed off at us for Gunston.:p Losing jarman and hall who were two of my favourite players still hurts.

I think these two boys will be good for you. I'm not much of a box hill watcher so can't comment on lowden, but Cheney is all heart and you can't ask for more than that as a supporter. He may get beat but never beaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back