Mason Cox...showing some promise

Remove this Banner Ad

hard to find information but I doubt this is far off avaerage for an AFL ruck. 4 min kms are reasonable running and ruckmen tend to finish near the tail t=in these stats. Sandilands would be interesting. Would be surprised if he can break 12mins

I don't think we need to look outside our own club, Sandilans will probably be retired by the time Coxs gets a game in the AFL. We can compare him directly to our rucks and tall players. Cox is less than an inch taller, seven kilos lighter and 18 months older than Witts (according to CFC website), I think we can compare those two to start with. If he plays in the forward line then he is going to be competing against players similar to Keefe who would match up on him. Keefe is less than three inches smaller, 4 kilograms lighter and 11 months older than Cox. Can Cox run with either Witts or Keefe? I think Witts would be a pass mark as a minimum, before he is AFL standard.

I don't think we need to look outside our own club, Sandilans will probably be retired by the time Coxs gets a game in the AFL. We can compare him directly to our rucks and tall players. Cox is less than an inch taller, seven kilos lighter and 18 months older than Witts (according to CFC website), I think we can compare those two to start with. If he plays in the forward line then he is going to be competing against players similar to Keefe who would match up on him. Keefe is less than three inches smaller, 4 kilograms lighter and 11 months older than Cox. Can Cox run with either Witts or Keefe, I think Witts would be a pass mark as a minimum, before he is AFL standard.

So Saindlands might not last the Year Out?

I am not Ruling out Cox playing AFL in the 2015 Season
I am.

Even if he manages to get his skills to an acceptable level, it will be a minimum of two preseasons for him to build up his tank enough to play at AFL level.

If he plays it will be because he is performing well above expectations. I look forward to it if it occurs.

Well Reports coming from the Club, That he is way ahead of Schedule already

Lets just wait and see how he goes in a real game before we start hyping him up as the next big thing.
Just remember the hype surrounding Majak Dawes.
He has been in the system for a while now and look how he has turned out.

Lets just wait and see how he goes in a real game before we start hyping him up as the next big thing.
Majak Dawes? The son of Majak Daw and Chris Dawes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not Ruling out Cox playing AFL in the 2015 Season
Never say never but I would be extremely surprised if Cox got a game before any of Grundy, Witts, White, or Gault. He has barely touched a sherrin.

In fact if he was given opportunities ahead of Witts or Grundy I'd be angry as they have more potential than this guy.

Never say never but I would be extremely surprised if Cox got a game before any of Grundy, Witts, White, or Gault. He has barely touched a sherrin.

In fact if he was given opportunities ahead of Witts or Grundy I'd be angry as they have more potential than this guy.

I am just going off reports that his Skills have come along quiet Quickly. So just be reading the play/ball and getting the feel playing AFL

Why not play all three?

I can only imagine what the hype will be like if Cox scores 6.4 in his fourth game, ala Majak...

Doubt we will see him before 2017 at best

He has never played a game before remember
He would be 26 by March 2017, so I think the club expects him to come on fast.
Then throw him into the deep end to see if he can perform.
If he's nowhere near it by end 2016, then he probably won't survive.
So, I expect him to either debut this year or 2016 latest.

Too tall. If he can play as a forward I would consider it, but that would be at the expense of Moore most likely... which brings me back to point one.

As far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as too tall. There is only too slow, too immobile, too unskilled...but if a player is none of those things then the taller the better.

I like Mason Cox. He's shown a very professional approach to his work so far as a professional football player. He quietly goes about his work. Time will tell whether he makes an impact at AFL level, but apparently he is making great progress so far, so I'm behind him and expect to see some fascinating games from him firstly at VFL, then AFL hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back