Past Michael Talia - delisted 2017, thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to be the wet blanket here and say I'm not too excited about him. I feel a lot of posters are happy only because he is tall.

Having witnessed a few Dogs games these past two years the impression I have of Talia is he is quite weak one on one and some of his decision making is of the poor variety.

Hope he proves me wrong though!
I think the other response to that is he is only 22, we all know the bigger guys often take a while longer to get going.

I'm hopeful he will fit in to our system well.

Always liked the look of him. They say he's out of favour at the Dogs but still managed 14 games this year in what was a pretty good season for them.

And at just 22 years of age I'd say this trade is a steal! Was seriously worried about out KPD (and ruck) stocks with the trade ban, but the club has done well.

Good get Swans, agree it was a steal but we forced our own hand (my clubs pretty good at shooting itself in the foot)

I rate Michael a lot more highly than many on our board, will be sad to see him in red and white (especially with our continuing defensive problems) but hes definitely an addition for you guys.

Don't like him. He looks like the captain of Slytherin

Flint-marcus-flint-28034907-350-524.jpg

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just hearing the interview, I am excited about next year. We really have the perfect forwards (Tippett/Franklin/Sinclair) and experienced KPDs (Richards/Reg) for someone like Talia to learn from in the pre season

I like your VFL team in your avatar.

I also love Michael Talia.

Other thread is still locked so posting here instead:

Talia received a 12 month good behaviour bond at court this morning, no criminal conviction.

Hopefully he is able to play some footy at NEAFL level to finish off the season.

Talia received a 12 month good behaviour bond at court this morning, no criminal conviction.

Hopefully he is able to play some footy at NEAFL level to finish off the season.

I think the club will leave him stood down for the remainder of season

Aaaw, you beat me to it. Lets hope he can now get on the park. I'm happy for the club to take a firm stance on this if they want to. If he doesn't play for the seniors until next year, so be it. We need to set a precedent for our players.

It will be very interesting to see what happens next. While he has no criminal conviction recorded a good behaviour bond demonstrates a 'guilty' judgement I assume. The Swans stood him down pending the court case so what now? Will he be welcomed back to resume his career or will he be left to the end of the season and then be offloaded?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back