Universal Love Welcome Pick #14 Eric Hipwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing seeing Hipwood look taller than Schache. Hipwood has amazing dash and agility also.
This kid could seriously be anything.

This guy is a incredibly exciting prospect for us. Can genuinely play almost any position on the ground which is great. Also has a lot more dash than I realised

Not expecting an Andrews-type first year from Hipwood. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him develop in the reserves over the next 3 or 4 years.

This is the first time I caught Eric on fillum (July '14). I would've given 500/1 that day that we were looking at a future first round pick. HE SURE SHOWED ME!

a103.jpg

Pretty exciting to think how far he's come in such a short amount of time from when you saw him last year Mr Ripper. If he keeps improving over the next few years he really could be anything, good times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Leppa (in his draft wrap) was talking about him as a forward.
Noticed this too. Would be stoked for him to play forward. Our backline looks set for the next ten years and with Andrews, Skinner and Mcstay all able to play at both ends not to mention Hipwood our KP stocks are finally looking great.

Andrews when played up forward this year struggled against big mature bodies hassling and pushing him around. Baby Giraffe comments were made.

It wasn't until they swung Andrews into defense and allowed him to play off his man did his marking ability shine.

I fear Hipwood has a bumpy year ahead if they try to play him forward.... Just not strong enough.... Maybe he could play on the wing..... He's fit and fast enough too.

one of the other threads were discussing possible nick names for the new recruits. i was at a neafl game this year and the opposition kept calling him eric the eel. they meant those slippery suckers, is the spelling eel or ell?

every time I watch his tapes I am feeling a little underwhelmed... I want to rate him super high but I think he needs a lot of work
Was about to post the same thing. For mine he is over rated from what I've seen. I think his athletic ability is elite but his footy IQ is fairly average at best. Hopeful that he can improve this facet of his game. I just have this bad feeling that he will never reach his potential because he might struggle to put on size. Don't want a J.Grant but it's a possibility here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back