List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
So, what the nickname? Phartingtonne?! Too easy?
Maybe Greg Chappel or Jaques Kallis or Aravinda De Silva or Mohammed Azharuddin? All blokes who scored a parting ton to finish their test careers.

:p
Parto

bodazoka

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
braun was an outside mid tho and neale is an extractor.

Yeah both are consistent 4th - 5th best guys who compliment the more talented midfielders is more what I meant. When your guns are being tagged or having bad days these guys can step up and still give you a very good contest and then also have that odd 3 vote game.

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah both are consistent 4th - 5th best guys who compliment the more talented midfielders is more what I meant. When your guns are being tagged or having bad days these guys can step up and still give you a very good contest and then also have that odd 3 vote game.

I recon that's still underselling Neale a little. I reocn he's almost freo's second best mid after Fyfe, with only maybe Mundy edging him out. If Parto gets to Neale's level we will have done very well with pick 28.

bodazoka

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
I recon that's still underselling Neale a little. I reocn he's almost freo's second best mid after Fyfe, with only maybe Mundy edging him out. If Parto gets to Neale's level we will have done very well with pick 28.

Not to take over this thread but;

Fyfe, Mundy are clearly better, Hill third, Neale 4th this year.

Bennell slots into top 3 next year also.

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Fair enough, personally I rate Neale higher than Hill. Both are very good players though, so I guess that's just personal preference. I had forgotten about Bennell though, still can't believe how cheaply they got him :(

iLikeIt

All Australian
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeah as much as I don't like to admit it they do have the best midfield in the league. Sandi+Fyfe+Mundy+Hill+Bennell+Neale+Barlow = not many weaknesses. But not exactly much else beyond that and therefore carry the team. Much prefer our fully balanced strong list across the ground. Hopefully the next derby will be a cracker and less one sided than the two in 2015.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Can foresee a fairly swift demise from Barlow, Sandi and Mundy though.

But they have Blakely, Weller, Sheridan and their new draftees waiting.

One advantage of consistently drafting midfielders at the expense of KPP, i guess.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Can foresee a fairly swift demise from Barlow, Sandi and Mundy though.

But they have Blakely, Weller, Sheridan and their new draftees waiting.

One advantage of consistently drafting midfielders at the expense of KPP, i guess.

Weller will be a gun...the other i am not so sure about but they also have Bennell about to enter his prime.

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Given Karps is our only other back up as a forward pocket after letting Newman go, I reckon Partington will be played in the forward pocket for his first few years at AFL level (eventually moving into the midfield).

Partington has got the pace, agility, inside ability to win his own ball in congestion, snag a few goals and put on some manic pressure with his repeat sprints and strong endurance.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Given Karps is our only other back up as a forward pocket after letting Newman go, I reckon Partington will be played in the forward pocket for his first few years at AFL level (eventually moving into the midfield).

Partington has got the pace, agility, inside ability to win his own ball in congestion, snag a few goals and put on some manic pressure with his repeat sprints and strong endurance.

You could well be on the money there.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Once he is fit, Cavka could be a chance as a forward as well I reckon. Jetta and Yeo could also be used forward.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Jetta should be used forward IMO. Rotate on the wings switching with Lecca.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers

I agree with that, he is more suited to playing higher HF but I think forward line will Definately be where Parto will begin his career.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree with that, he is more suited to playing higher HF but I think forward line will Definately be where Parto will begin his career.
Bit likd shuey did but im not sure if his goal sense is as good as shueys.
Tho its seems like most young mids for us lately have started off there with Duggan and sheed to most recent ones. Only young mid that didnt start on HF was Gaff.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Bit likd shuey did but im not sure if his goal sense is as good as shueys.
Tho its seems like most young mids for us lately have started off there with Duggan and sheed to most recent ones. Only young mid that didnt start on HF was Gaff.

Not as good as Shuey around the goals with skills or goal sense. Would like him playing high using his endurance and speed up as far as wing.

Couple of years building an AFL suitable tank first.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
So, what the nickname? Phartingtonne?! Too easy?
Maybe Greg Chappel or Jaques Kallis or Aravinda De Silva or Mohammed Azharuddin? All blokes who scored a parting ton to finish their test careers.

:p

I like as a nickname " Tumby " as he`s from a place with a interesting name Tumby Bay.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
How about Luke Sharkticon?

iwazdrcjkg_o.jpg

Back