Welcome BigFooty Saints Board Introductions - What's your background in following the Saints?

Remove this Banner Ad

- 21 year old uni student who thinks he's smarter and knows more about today's game than anyone on this board.

- grew up in mentone and was a beda boy

- currently working as a bartender and goal is to finish my economics and financing degree and have a go at becoming the daryl Morey of the afl with the analytics movement and changing how we measure he Effiencny and effectiveness of the game.

- also I hate spending draft picks on crappy KPD's and tom lamb

30 year old green keeper living in Wagga Wagga but born in northern Vic and spent a fair bit of time over in WA.

Dad was Carlton and Mum was Collingwood, luckily I was a s**t of a kid and chose the Saints. Currently brainwashing my 4 year old.

Harves has always been my hero but at the moment I'm loving the way Dunstan goes about his footy and think Jack Billings is a star!

Still playing footy so I don't get to see a lot of live games but make sure I don't miss a game on tv. Heading down to my once a year game this week actually.

Exciting times to be a Saints supporter!!

28 years old.

Name not actually Hayes.

Live in the west of Melbourne just off Willi rd.

Old man got me into the Saints. Went to plenty of Waverly Park games but don't remember much of them. Including 97 I've been to every losing grand final. :Thumbsd:

Extremely biased towards players that can kick. Only because I think it's the most important ingredient in winning a flag after winning the ball of course.

Think we've done an extremely good job in the rebuild so far.

Hi all. 31 years old. Desi's not my first name but in the old days of predictive texts, a mate typed my name in and Desi came out. Somehow it stuck with me. If you want to learn my name you could find yourself an old phone and type it in. That would make for an exciting Sunday evening.

Originally from Hobart. Spent the last five years living in Essendon. Now in Mornington and thoroughly enjoying living amongst all these Saints fans.

I follow the saints because my step dad watched us win a flag at the age of six and figured we were a successful team. We're both still waiting for the next one.

42 Followed the Saints because my grandfather played country footy in a Saints jumper- I think he was to cheap to buy another one. My mums side are half Carlton got me on them early and changed around 6 because my Saints family worked me over in time for our shittest era ever. Live in then inner South East. Business owner married to a lawyer, 2 kids both Saints.

31. Glenroy via Cheltenham (used to go to Moorabbin often) and myrtleford (myrtleford saints, so my dad followed em, so i followed em, now my son follows em too) love soccer too. Work in banking....enjoying the journey of this rebuild although we are probably 4 years away from peaking, i aint an afl expert but love the strategy behind list management.

Ok! guys, sit back with a coldie or a cuppa while I tell you about me the 62yo male old fart. Born in Frankston, lived in Seaford for a minuscular time, grew up in the SA Riverland before moving back to Melb. later moved over to Perth before moving onto Qld. Grew up one eyed supporter of Pt Adelaide (SANFL) Unfortunately didn`t get VFL on the radio there, so didn`t follow a team from Vic. until my dad went over for the Hawthorn, Footscray GF in `61. he brought back a couple of souvenirs, I snaffled the doggies one & kinda sorta followed them. Prior to moving back to Melb in `67 (yep missed the big one) found out Dad played a couple of games for the Saints & so I switched my allegiance & have been a rabid Saints fan since. As for my name Grav, that is the shortened version of my nickname "gravel" (copped one in the throat playing footy & have a scarred voice box).

35 years old on Sunday. Elwood boy moved to Lal Lal in March 2014 to tend to ever increasing flock of Saints supporters (June 2011, August 2013 and due in two weeks). Wears 2 on his StKFC jumper, once was an exciting youngster, now a Alan Morrow/Danny Frawley/Aaron Hamill homage if anyone asks. Favourite game at the footy 97 Prelim. Worst 2010 replay. Other teams include Liverpool, Phoenix Suns, Oakland Raiders.

I come from a long line of Saints supporters; my dad, grandfather and great grandfather were all born and raised in St Kilda and were dead-set mad Saints fans (up to a century and more ago). I went to my first game in 1968 (Saints Vs Richmond at the MCG) and have been a fanatic since that day. I have probably been to over 400 Saints games over the years (and hope to go to a few hundred more!). I played all my junior and senior footy at Edithvale-Aspendale (20 years all up) but too much beer and not enough dedication made me just an average player. I have five kids and two grandkids. My nephew got drafted in last year's draft (sadly not to the Saints) so I am taking a keen interest in his career, but I will never stray from the mighty Saints.

I come from a long line of Saints supporters; my dad, grandfather and great grandfather were all born and raised in St Kilda and were dead-set mad Saints fans (up to a century and more ago). I went to my first game in 1968 (Saints Vs Richmond at the MCG) and have been a fanatic since that day. I have probably been to over 400 Saints games over the years (and hope to go to a few hundred more!). I played all my junior and senior footy at Edithvale-Aspendale (20 years all up) but too much beer and not enough dedication made me just an average player. I have five kids and two grandkids. My nephew got drafted in last year's draft (sadly not to the Saints) so I am taking a keen interest in his career, but I will never stray from the mighty Saints.

Wow I always thought you were in your early 20s for some reason lol

51 year old
Police Officer for past 28 years.
Grew up on farm outside Swan Hill Vic.
3 x children eldest a Fireman, 2nd a Primary School teacher and high school student.
Supported Saints since I can remember because my closest cousin and aunty were both mad Saints people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 year old.
Customer Service Representative at StanleyBlackandDecker.
I'm single, hate beaches and walking, but then wings would look weird as would hovering so it's probably a good thing I can still walk to blend in and make my escape.

Lived in Sunbury pretty much since i was born, just up the road from the Ox's mum, met him a few times, old man has also been president of the local club which afforded me access to anyone they had in, such as Sheeds, Libba, Dimma, Fitzroy & North in the changerooms, so yes, I have grown up around naked men. Served on a voluntary board position for a time, social club wise, goal umpired and tended the scoreboard of the local club, only played the one year then my body started failing me physically, hence fly, because as you can imagine being arthritic I am somewhat frail as all hell with physical contact sports. Hence, first love is cricket, not AFL, and as stated before family is a mixed bag, old man tried to make me a Bomber, I despite him and buddied up to the Dogs since they had a clinic on from memory, you know, being 2 of the 3 northern vic clubs in existence, chose the Saints because of Barks and Plugger.

'97 I decked the house and pissed off some bees in the process, so screw '97.
'09, we tore up our carpet not long after to floorboards, probably because that's my worst game from memory and the tears flew and the older sister rubbed it in.
'10, I was blinded by my mothers pies scarfe, literally, she got me in the eyes several times.

All my friends seem to support Carlton, which is, extremely disappointing.

37 born, raised and still live in Moorabbin locale
Watched many games at Moorabbin
Plugger used to make me look forward to sitting in the stands at Moorabbin every home game.
These days I still love our key forward.
I love watching our younger brigade at the moment and am excited about another chance to finally see us get a flag (during my years on this earth)

Accountant
Wantirna South
Brother of Blended (who got me onto this)
Mum was a Hawks supporter growing up. Dad was a Cat but converted to St Kilda as a kid. Frightfully unlucky, but we're all Sainters now.
Think Nick Riewoldt is the greatest Saint of all time.

Accountant
Wantirna South
Brother of Blended (who got me onto this)
Mum was a Hawks supporter growing up. Dad was a Cat but converted to St Kilda as a kid. Frightfully unlucky, but we're all Sainters now.
Think Nick Riewoldt is the greatest Saint of all time.

you poor bloke

52 year old female.
Name not really sammm
Working as a contract administrator
Live in the Northern suburbs
Supported the saints since Jezza moved to St Kilda
All the family were Carlton supporters until I saw the light as we grew up in Carlton. I dragged my mum to become a Saints supporter /member 10 years ago.

Last edited:
43 male born raised UK followed Liverpool FC. No one else in my family is that interested in sport, didn't inherit any preferences.

moved to Aus at 17, spent 8 years in Melbourne, when I moved to Melb in 95, mates told me to pick a team because "everyone will ask you who you barrack for" chose Saints cos it had to be Vic, my mates supported pies and dons and they warned me that only folk like Malcolm Fraser supported Carlton. Still hate Carlton more than anyone, even when they are not reigning and dishonest. Plus I liked going out in St Kilda and the vibe of the place.

Loved atmosphere of AFL, at first I just had quick glances at the ladder to see how 'my' team were doing, but went to the centenary game of Dons vs Cats with a Don friend and never looked back. Started going regularly in 97, good year, shame about the next few!

Left Aus in 03, been around the world but followed from afar. Been living in France since 09, my wife hates sports, found my mood after GF of 09 and 10 ridiculous. My son is 2.5 got him a Junior Saints membership this year. Got another boy on the way.

Don't drink, don't smoke, atheist bleeding heart namby pamby. Played in a few bands over the years, (nothing famous). Closer to hipster than bogan if you like labels, but they don't mean much to me.

Favourite player: originally Aussie Jones, then Milney, now? Armo, Lonie or Bruce at the minute. Like characters and being different from the pack but also being part of a team.

43 male born raised UK followed Liverpool FC. No one else in my family is that interested in sport, didn't inherit any preferences.

moved to Aus at 17, spent 8 years in Melbourne, when I moved to Melb in 95, mates told me to pick a team because "everyone will ask you who you barrack for" chose Saints cos it had to be Vic, my mates supported pies and dons and they warned me that only folk like Malcolm Fraser supported Carlton. Still hate Carlton more than anyone, even when they are not reigning and dishonest. Plus I liked going out in St Kilda and the vibe of the place.

Loved atmosphere of AFL, at first I just had quick glances at the ladder to see how 'my' team were doing, but went to the centenary game of Dons vs Cats with a Don friend and never looked back. Started going regularly in 97, good year, shame about the next few!

Left Aus in 03, been around the world but followed from afar. Been living in France since 09, my wife hates sports, found my mood after GF of 09 and 10 ridiculous. My son is 2.5 got him a Junior Saints membership this year. Got another boy on the way.

Don't drink, don't smoke, atheist bleeding heart namby pamby. Played in a few bands over the years, (nothing famous). Closer to hipster than bogan if you like labels, but they don't mean much to me.

Favourite player: originally Aussie Jones, then Milney, now? Armo, Lonie or Bruce at the minute. Like characters and being different from the pack but also being part of a team.

That's an awesome story Austinn, didn't realise you were such an interesting fan. You have a very good grip of the game for someone who didn't have it rammed down their throat from childhood. Always been a great poster too.

Bailey Dale looks like a ripper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back